Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,025 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Clab mor wrote: »

Not Tralee related but still an interesting read of our neighbours.

Killarney has this unique ability to make everything go away and not have things make front page news. Hush hush.......

There can be holy murder on the streets of Killarney and you wouldn’t see reports of it in the papers or online.

If two cats were fighting in Denny St twod be front page of Kerry’s Eye!!!!

Can you imagine if this was Tralee!!!!

I get the impression that this kind of carry on happens everywhere, and that very occasionally someone blows the whistle, and ends up in all kinds of strife when they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I agree, plus there is already one in Bridge st, I think one is enough!

On current planning policy there is no way in the world it should be granted permission as their is a prohibition on what are considered to be 'dead' shopfronts in the retail core. Labrokes were denied permission to move from Edward St to the paint and decor place on the corner of Edward St/Castle St on that basis a few years back.

Mod snip! Removed link due to potentially libelous content. Will seek further opinion. Please don't repost in the meantime! - Quackster

Killarney has this unique ability to make everything go away and not have things make front page news. Hush hush.......

There can be holy murder on the streets of Killarney and you wouldn’t see reports of it in the papers or online.

Just WOW. But am I surprised.......no.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Mod snip! Removed link due to potentially libellous content. Will seek further opinion. Please don't repost in the meantime! - Quackster

Its been circulating for some time now in the dail and some media in a small way but the nitty gritty has only come to the surface recently.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/astonishing-dil-allegations-about-kerry-garda-36654720.html

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/gsoc-probes-gardas-claims-of-pub-law-abuses-973358.html

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Its in Current affairs and I cleared it with mods before hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Its in Current affairs and I cleared it with mods before hand.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058042255/1/#post112147097

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Neo Researcher

Sorry if this is not the right place for this.
    Just moved to work in Tralee recently and am a first time buyer. Can anyone recomend a solicitor for the conveyancing.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

xxyyzz wrote: »

Convenient timing with the election around the corner but it would be a great facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

Sorry if this is not the right place for this.
    Just moved to work in Tralee recently and am a first time buyer. Can anyone recomend a solicitor for the conveyancing.
    Thanks

Used Niall Lucey from Pierce, McCarthy, Lucey prac6and found him very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

g1983d wrote: »
    Used Niall Lucey from Pierce, McCarthy, Lucey prac6and found him very good

Plus one on Niall Lacey, bit of advice. Tralee is changing last few years. Make sure your happy with the area. Some estates are slowly becoming ghettos

Coming on Pat Kenny Newstalk 'is Tralee the most dangerous Town in Ireland'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

kn wrote: »

Huh!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »

According to who?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

According to who?

They are on about the slippy square

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Ha ya, Norma Foley TD was on the show, about how slippery the town square is

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    They are on about the slippy square

Ah right, makes sense now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

NORMA FOLEY will hardly sue her own Town Council for compensation after the MARIE BAILEY case !

More swings and roundabout turns from FF/FG coalition.
    You’d think she would be well able to stand on her own two feet by now.

All just noise, as the Election must be close

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

amadain wrote: »
    NORMA FOLEY will hardly sue her own Town Council for compensation after the MARIE BAILEY case !

Dont know about political posturing but it is lethal, I've nearly gone upside down there on more than one occasion

Not one for the compo culture but ignoring it dosent help and the threat of a claim might focus their attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Swamp has closed its doors with immediate effect this evening
    All stores in the country have ceased trading...approx 60 job losses throughout the 7 stores

• Advertisement

Swamp has closed its doors with immediate effect this evening
    All stores in the country have ceased trading...approx 60 job losses throughout the 7 stores

That’s awful news. Very hard for staff, I hope they are looked after.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

That’s awful news. Very hard for staff, I hope they are looked after.

Unfortunately, if it's a liquidation, they're highly unlikely to get any more than the statutory minimum.

Ella Maria in Bridge street are closing too. They have a shop in Newcastlewest, but they are closing the Tralee one. They have been in Tralee since the '90's. Derry's shoes is closing at some stage to retire too. There's a for sale sign up there. That end of town is going to look awful with the amount of empty units.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ella Maria in Bridge street are closing too. They have a shop in Newcastlewest, but they are closing the Tralee one. They have been in Tralee since the '90's. Derry's shoes is closing at some stage to retire too. There's a for sale sign up there. That end of town is going to look awful with the amount of empty units.

Ella Maria was here in the 80s!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Ella Maria was here in the 80s!

Not sure what year they opened but they said on their Facebook page it’s over 30 years. Good going! Swamp was also in business 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fortyball

This is Massive longshot, I know, but is there anyone who used to skate in Tralee, 19/20 years ago, who knew skateboarders from Listowel?!

It looks as though that frozen yoghurt place 'Yogoland' in Rock street has closed down. I have been meaning to go in there since it opened but just kept forgetting.

Kerry County Council are looking for your input on the future of the town park. Please click on the link to complete the survey.
    http://www.kerrycoco.ie/tralee-town-park-survey/?fbclid=IwAR0PNFbUUfWzgyzQ9DOzxpPJxDeEcBHU7OeGCotdiNsiAg_-_fu8iRQDw30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

amadain wrote: »

She's first out on the canvass today. Are Labour the only Kerry party not to have named a candidate yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

She's first out on the canvass today. Are Labour the only Kerry party not to have named a candidate yet?

So far we have;

Fine Gael Brendan Griffin
    Fianna Fáil John Brassil
    Independent Michael Healy Rae
    Independent Danny Healy Rae
    Sinn Fein Pa Daly
    Fianna Fail Norma Moriarty
    Fianna Fail Norma Foley
    Green Party Cleo Murphy
    Aontu Sonny Foran

I doubt labour will be running anyone at this stage, there may be a few independents join. I suspect FF have eyes on Martin Ferris's seat and DHR has done himself no favours either since joining the dail.

I've never even heard of Cleo Murphy before this morning.

Advertisement