Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The MiseRay Darcy Show Jan 9th 2016 9.45pm

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Skid X wrote: »

Cheers Skid, I always wanted to hear how The Ace Of Spades sounded on the church organ.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ally Dick wrote: »
    He's a poor poor interviewer. Doesn't seem to plan what he is going to say, or have anyone peer review it. It's an arrogance. The radio show is different. It's more like a radio version of That's Life with Esther Rants-on. He can waffle to common folk about what type of pasta is the best etc. TV interviewing is a different discipline. Bring back Joe O'Connor

Agreed : he's a very average radio presenter and a poor chat show host. Brendan O'Connor is definitely ahead of him as a TV interviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

:eek: :eek: :(

Not cool...even all these years later, and she still needs operations.

She seems so nice too :(

How long ago was it that it happened, as it did get a lot of coverage & she was on a lot of shows & i'd say that was her determination that drove it & afaik Simon Cowell is advising her.

But she seems happy & someone saw thru all that as beauty is only skin deep & married her for the person she is, good luck to her & her future endeavours, as even Ray can't dampen her spirits ;)
    He's a poor poor interviewer. Doesn't seem to plan what he is going to say, or have anyone peer review it. It's an arrogance. The radio show is different. It's more like a radio version of That's Life with Esther Rants-on. He can waffle to common folk about what type of pasta is the best etc. TV interviewing is a different discipline. Bring back Joe O'Connor

I heard Brendan is coming back on midweek soon, maybe March?

Oh Maggie, the MISEry.

Ha ha .....thanks 👍😄

• Registered Users Posts: 71,982 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I heard Brendan is coming back on midweek soon, maybe March?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057545908

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭Hooked

Ha ha .....thanks ðŸ‘😄

I just got it too... D'oh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Thanks, i forgot DaveFanning had mentioned it as i was half listening, i'd say that wasn't the only reason Ray took the week off as wasn't there an apology read out after the news on Fri?

Can you imagine Ray reading out that Brendan is coming back, compared to him not admitting coming back to RTE:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Strazdas wrote: »
    Agreed : he's a very average radio presenter and a poor chat show host. Brendan O'Connor is definitely ahead of him as a TV interviewer.

And thats not saying much, remember his interview with noel gallagher.

another car crash tv moment brought to you courtesy of your tv license and idiots paying themselves way too much from the goose that never stops laying the golden eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

His radio show is a consumer affairs show really. How in the hell was it decided he would be able for a heavyweight chat show?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Ingrid's face when he said he wanted to teach Religion.

To Primary School kids!! Her expression was priceless!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

His radio show is a consumer affairs show really. How in the hell was it decided he would be able for a heavyweight chat show?
    And another vehicle to promote other RTE shows. There's not a day goes by that he hasn't soomeone from the canteen on.

No I know what quiet confidence is. I basically wrote the book on it.
    I know it's her shtick but the "I don't need him but he needs me" wears thin after a while.

Well, she did have to do without him while he was on the run in the States
    from his creditors. He has said that he tearfully begged her to take him back when she was going to kick him out.

I always thought she'd be a subservient little wifey. God help poor George he is like a man who drank a love potion and she thinks he smells of rotting fish

:D:D

kupus wrote: »
    And thats not saying much, remember his interview with noel gallagher.

another car crash tv moment brought to you courtesy of your tv license and idiots paying themselves way too much from the goose that never stops laying the golden eggs.

It's puzzling how the RTE chiefs have gotten it into their heads that he is a major broadcasting star and talent. Even his radio output is rather average.....there are probably dozens of guys working in BBC local radio in the UK operating at the same level as him.

Strazdas wrote: »
    It's puzzling how the RTE chiefs have gotten it into their heads that he is a major broadcasting star and talent.

Yeah I find this baffling too. I heard him talking on his radio show about how nervous he gets before the show. I always thought that it was something HE wanted and was a condition of him moving back to RTE, but any time he speaks about the show it seems like it's just a huge burden for him.

That uncomfortable, rambling nonsense about IKEA last night was just indicative of this. I dont there's any way he's gonna last the pressure. There's no way that RTE will take the show from him, but I wouldnt be surprised if he stood down at the end of the series.

Yeah I find this baffling too. I heard him talking on his radio show about how nervous he gets before the show. I always thought that it was something HE wanted and was a condition of him moving back to RTE, but any time he speaks about the show it seems like it's just a huge burden for him.

That uncomfortable, rambling nonsense about IKEA last night was just indicative of this. I dont there's any way he's gonna last the pressure. There's no way that RTE will take the show from him, but I wouldnt be surprised if he stood down at the end of the series.

He seems an almost unlikely broadcaster, like someone who stumbled into the job by accident and who doesn't particularly enjoy it. All of that would be fine but he seems a very average radio / TV presenter and interviewer. I haven't a clue how RTE have decided he is their star man for the future.

http://www.thejournal.ie/george-hook-3-2-2540490-Jan2016/

There's an article on thejournal.ie about George and the not so lovely Ingrid. It basically echoes the comments on here about the odd body language between the two. I particularly like the comments section. :pac:

374397.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

George Hook's wife is real, thought she was made up

Advertisement