Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stade Francais vs Munster, Sat 9th January 4:45 Irish time; Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Why was Killer on top of Saili in the defensive line for the try? Looking at it again his positioning was all wrong, and right under his own posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Also, fair play to the TMO Derek Bevan for calling it out
    Sean Brickell the touch judge looking straight at it didn't put flag up at all

tbf i dont think the touch judge would have seen stander's face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

It was on the side away from him.

Ah he was behind Stander when it happened. He could never have seen the gouge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Hagz wrote: »
    Was never going to be anything other than red but please don't forget that you're watching these things in slow motion. The guy isn't a scumbag, he just lost his head for a split second. Hopefully it's nothing more than a few games out.

Nah hopefully it's a good long break, gouging along with biting are the dirtiest things you can do. Most players that lose the head will throw a few digs at most not try and take someone's eye out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Buer wrote: »
    He curls his finger into the eye. That's red.

As much as I dislike Derek Bevan, that's a good spot.

Clear red all day. Absolutely stupid, a hand to the face would've been brushed off but he hooks his fingers to gouge.

I'm on the record for saying I think the game is going soft but I think gouging is absolutely the worst thing you can do on a rugby pitch. Scummy act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Don't think I've ever seen such a clearly intentional gouge. You can see finger press right into the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Stander told the touch judge that he had been gouged, but he ignored it. Poor officiating.

Don't think I've ever seen such a clearly intentional gouge. You can see finger press right into the eye.

you should watch ulster v stade from about 5-6 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Yes he wouldn't have seen the gouging but he saw hand make contact with his face - and Stander then signaled to him that he made contact with his eyes
    He could have let Owens know and then maybe it would have been brought upstairs
    instead it took an intervention from Bevan to let Owens know there was anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

really stupid and dirty, also seemed to lead in with elbow, don't know what he was thinking

Stander told the touch judge that he had been gouged, but he ignored it. Poor officiating.

could the TJ not just have thought Stander was complaining about the hand in the face? He cant report what he hasnt seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

The touch judge is the one who brought it to Nigel's attention :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Keatley has been poor again.

The guy isn't a scumbag, he just lost his head for a split second. Hopefully it's nothing more than a few games out.

No.Lenghty ban hopefully. Months.

The game has got a bit too protective of late tackles, collisions in the air, and balance has tilted to players being too easily penalised on some points.

But gouging just has to be cut out. Long ban the only way to make it not pay.

The TMO brought it up afaik.

Touch judges much flag what a player tells them ?

The TMO brought it up afaik.

TMO would have seen the incident and would have reviewed it. Stander's reaction, the TJ reacted to what he thought was a hand on face. Its good officiating. They cant see everything in real time because it happened in 2 seconds.

Touch judges much flag what a player tells them ?

If a player tells you they have been gouged, it should be looked it.

Boring in on John Ryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

it was the TMO who brought it too Nigels attention

I'm with MG - was poor by Brickell. All you want is officials working together- he just seemed to ignore whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

No.Lenghty ban hopefully. Months.

The game has got a bit too protective of late tackles, collisions in the air, and balance has tilted to players being too easily penalised on some points.

But gouging just has to be cut out. Long ban the only way to make it not pay.

I'm not going to get into a full scale debate on the matter as people can rarely view situations such as this objectively, but eye gouging ordinarily is deserving of a lengthy ban, no doubt about that.

Saili needs to start passing the fecking ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Stade showing what they need to do to win the game - keep it in the forwards. That scrum was just nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Sherry lucky there potentially. If that went to the scrum it should've been that's another 3 points for Stade

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Clegg wrote: »
    Keatley has been poor again.

I take it mean, more of the usual?... for him to be playing poorly, his standard would need to be much higher... it isnt... this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Keatley having a bit of a mare tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Jamie Heaslip
    Aw Keatley - ugh. And he seemed to start well.

Keatley takes ball with space out wide. Nah it's grand I'll kick it out on the full thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Keatley again, just not good enough.

Advertisement