Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I'm going to have French toast with Nutella tomorrow. Bit of banana aswell. I can't wait. I'll tell ye all about it again in the morning. I love breakfast. This thread makes me happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Usually eggs and some variety of meat. Find that cereal has me ravenous by about Eleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I've a huge believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I'm an early riser, and a good breakfast is the bedrock on which the rest of the day can be built.

My famous Aongus's Mean Green Juice Machine is ever present. It's a green apple, baby spinach, kale, cucumber, lime, avocado, celery, ginger and seaweed combo. That's first thing. I've made the preparation and consumption of this a mindful activity. Creating and drinking this wonderful potion is something that I do with a sense of awareness and loving kindness towards myself.

I'll then go for some exercise to really kick start the body and get the brain juices flowing. Once I've showered, groomed and dressed I'll prepare my main breakfast.

This will always have really good coffee and current affairs radio on the menu. The current affairs radio will be from Germany or Ireland. The coffee will always be German and from a local artisan cafe whose breakfast blend I absolutely adore.

I might have a poached egg, grilled tomato and a slice of wholemeal bread. A kipper with poached egg. A slice of home cooked ham with some cottage cheese and a slice of pumpernickel bread. It varies. When I'm back in Ireland I will always treat myself to a good fry (grilled). A huge believer in the quality of ingredients over the quantity of food on the plate.

I love breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I've a huge believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I'm an early riser, and a good breakfast is the bedrock on which the rest of the day can be built.

My famous Aongus's Mean Green Juice Machine is ever present. It's a green apple, baby spinach, kale, cucumber, lime, avocado, celery, ginger and seaweed combo. That's first thing. I've made the preparation and consumption of this a mindful activity. Creating and drinking this wonderful potion is something that I do with a sense of awareness and loving kindness towards myself.

I'll then go for some exercise to really kick start the body and get the brain juices flowing. Once I've showered, groomed and dressed I'll prepare my main breakfast.

This will always have really good coffee and current affairs radio on the menu. The current affairs radio will be from Germany or Ireland. The coffee will always be German and from a local artisan cafe whose breakfast blend I absolutely adore.

I might have a poached egg, grilled tomato and a slice of wholemeal bread. A kipper with poached egg. A slice of home cooked ham with some cottage cheese and a slice of pumpernickel bread. It varies. When I'm back in Ireland I will always treat myself to a good fry (grilled). A huge believer in the quality of ingredients over the quantity of food on the plate.

I love breakfast.

While that's all well and good, and fair play to you.....

Seaweed??????breakfast???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

Mein Gott im Himmel… how can a refined gentleman have breakfast before breakfast?

Disquieting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I've been up all night and am ravenous now. Counting down the minutes to when the deli opens. I'm going to have a hash brown and white pudding sandwich with a pot of loose-leaf tea then into the leaba to grab some rest before getting up and getting back to work again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Just poured myself a bowl of granola.

By the time I picked all the raisins out, lost count after 80, there was fup all left in the bowl.

Hardly worth the effort taken to chew it.

Stupid granola, I hate you!

Seaweed, kale and mindfullness!

I'm surprised AVB, I didn't think you'd embrace 2015's bolloxology so completely...:)

Next thing you'll be seeing a personal trainer!

For breakfast tomorrow I plan on having scrambled eggs followed by a smoothie consisting of Fage full fat greek yoghurt, orange juice, blueberries, one banana, strawberries, coriander, spinach, ginger, coconut oil and gelatin powder. I will then have a coffee.

WHERE did you get that?

Sounds like something suggested by...well by a personal trainer who saw something about coconut oil and gelatin powder on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Speedsie wrote: »

Hi8 is the king if mueslis. With a dollop of Greek yoghurt and a splosh of milk. Mmmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Breakfast burrito with red onion, avocado, black beans, tomatoes, pepper-jack cheese, sour cream & salsa, washed down with OJ & black coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Breakfast burrito with red onion, avocado, black beans, tomatoes, pepper-jack cheese, sour cream & salsa, washed down with OJ & black coffee.

My God man, I have to get you to make me breakfast some time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I got a couple of sausages, bread, butter, lashings of ketchup. Yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Had the same thing I have everyday. Dominos pizza with a chaser of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup ice-cream (peanuts are good for you) and a pint of Coke.

Medusa22 wrote: »
    My God man, I have to get you to make me breakfast some time ;)
    I likes it spicey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Crunchy Nut Cornflakes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Mesrine65 wrote: »

Wouldn't like to be going into Trap 1 after you this morn.....

kfallon wrote: »
    Wouldn't like to be going into Trap 1 after you this morn.....
    :pac::pac::pac:

At the weekends I supplement the breakfast burrito with breakfast beer :eek: :cool:

Breakfast of champions :D

My mam made me a slice of batch toast cos I was sad. She only toasted it on one side and put half a pound of butter on it.

Considering moving back home <3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

batch toast cow
    Jesus, that sounds good.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    Jesus, that sounds good.

Mmmmmmmmooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Intermittent Fasting hype so no food until 2pm.

Black coffee, some glutamine and a big bottle of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Dry fried some black pudding and mushrooms, just before they were done I added a good sized lump of real butter and coated everything with it. Washed down with fresh ground coffee.

If you count breakfast as the first meal...then mine was a protein shake with coconut oil and almond butter...and then for food I had a box of spinach and 3 salmon fillets.

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    If you count breakfast as the first meal...then mine was a protein shake with coconut oil and almond butter...and then for food I had a box of spinach and 3 salmon fillets.

Do you even lift, brah?

Do you even lift, brah?

U mirin' brah?

U mirin' brah?

Must get on to aul protein shakes myself. Can't stand them though. Just very hard to eat as much protein as I am supposed to eat.

Must get on to aul protein shakes myself. Can't stand them though. Just very hard to eat as much protein as I am supposed to eat.

I'm lucky in the fact I have the appetite of a small bear so it's more about not eating all the chicken in the house all at once :o

Have you tried making protein powder recipes if chugging shakes is a chore? I make my own protein bars every now and again...and they're really really good and last a decent amount of time too.

I'm lucky in the fact I have the appetite of a small bear so it's more about not eating all the chicken in the house all at once :o

Have you tried making protein powder recipes if chugging shakes is a chore? I make my own protein bars every now and again...and they're really really good and last a decent amount of time too.

Yeh - all I can ever taste the is the protein. Tried putting it in my green smoothies too - same story. YOCK.

• Advertisement

Yeh - all I can ever taste the is the protein. Tried putting it in my green smoothies too - same story. YOCK.

God bless your exquisite taste buds!

Advertisement