Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Two slices of toast, bit of flora light (I know this will enrage the hardcore butterists in our midst, that butter thread got vicious) and a soft boiled egg.

In UK, we always used Clover - couldn't always get it here. So now its Kerrygold or nothing.

Or if I'm feeling really healthy a spread of beef dripping. YUM :)

I just don't understand why you'd eat flora light? Like what's the reasoning behind it? Now that's yock.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Isn't that completely without taste?:confused:

From the the tumble drier? :D

Pretty much, but free of loads of sh*te that you'd drink in tap or bottled water. You should see the mank/yock that we clean out of the distiller after use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

3 weetabix

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I just don't understand why you'd eat flora light? Like what's the reasoning behind it? Now that's yock.

My father was told to eat Flora Light by the doctor because he was told that butter was going to cause cholesterol problems that would kill him.

Turns out it was a rare f*cking horrible scummy c*nt of a disease that got him instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Chiles Rellenos Strata with Chorizo...

Basically a fluffy egg casserole seasoned with smoked paprika, a little cayenne, melted pepper-jack cheese & smoky green chillies, layer with thinly sliced Chorizo & washed down with a pot of strong, black Java.

Made the night before, bung it in the oven for the next morning & cook while performing daily ablutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

c_man wrote: »
    I used to do this but looking back, I don't know how I managed. Are you not starving as the day goes by? Also at that time I was pretty overweight! Not saying there's a correlation but maybe by skipping breakfast I was piling on the food for the rest of the day.

Nowadays I try to keep it filling but simple. Past few mornings, it's been two yogurts and some fruit (banana usually).

Nah, usually get hungry at about 1 and go for lunch soon after then dinner when I get home about 6.30. Cup of tea usually does me till lunch.

Since Christmas I've been eating a lot of fruit throughout the day, I presume I'll be back to not eating till 1 soon enough though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Stop saying yock for fock's sake!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I had porridge with fruit along with milk from my own cows, and a whey protein drink.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I had porridge with fruit along with milk from my own cows, and a whey protein drink.

i can picture you with the bowl under the cow squazin the milk out of its tit :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

i can picture you with the bowl under the cow squazin the milk out of its tit :P

I tried that with a bull but the milk had already gone sour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I tried that with a bull but the milk had already gone sour.

... That's me done with food for the day.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Subway bacon/egg/cheese sandwich with lettuce, peppers, sweetcorn and barbecue sauce this morning. Lovely jubbly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I'll eat anything that's low in fat, even if it's full of artificial crap or chock full of aspartame like sweeteners and diet coke. It's all about the weight loss for me, not about health :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Only when we have no electricity... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ansum

I think I'll just settle for my good ole' wa porridge with honey and, maybe strawberries or bananas.
    (Bananas look extremely decayed, I'll have to stick with the berries).
    Oh, and can't forget my new addiction for the morning, toast with low fat butter.

(P.S. No, but I'm serious about the addiction ladies and lads. I think I'll have all of the locals tescos bread scarfed down before the weeks over. Pls Help!!)
    :-)
    *Well look at that, such a rebel. Typing ladies and lads instead of lads and lassies. Some one must of replaced my mineral water with red bull this morning.)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I'll eat anything that's low in fat, even if it's full of artificial crap or chock full of aspartame like sweeteners and diet coke. It's all about the weight loss for me, not about health :pac:

Low-fat stuff is full of sugar, which is even more fattening and comes with extra type-II diabetes. Calories cause weight gain, not "fat". Embrace the fat, young Skywalker. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

I don't do breakfast unless on holidays. Not my thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    ... That's me done with food for the day.

Once you've loaded up that image, its difficult to get rid of it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Once you've loaded up that image, its difficult to get rid of it:(

Hehehe......load :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

jimgoose wrote: »
    Low-fat stuff is full of sugar, which is even more fattening and comes with extra type-II diabetes. Calories cause weight gain, not "fat". Embrace the fat, young Skywalker. :D

Yeah I always wonder about people who chose the "low fat" option like low fat yogurt etc.. It still has calories!

Calories is what you're looking for if you're looking to lose weight.

Full fat Coke to Diet Coke. Or better still water.

Reduce or get rid of take aways, alcohol, chocolate and crisps and excercise more or some.

Thankfully I'm not so off to mc Donald's for me and then home to sit in front of the box.

Thankfully I'm not so off to mc Donald's for me and then home to sit in front of the box.

I was in McDonalds last night. Got meself a small fries (chips in McDonalds have a ridiculous amount of calories BTW - it's the chips rather than the big mac that you've to really watch for!). Brought them home and covered them in homemade chilli and some grated cheese.

Bloody fantastic they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

My plan was to act all skinny and have an avocado but me avocado wasn't ripe so I had a big dirty death-by-cheese omelette instead. :pac:

Crumpets wrote: »
    My plan was to act all skinny and have an avocado but me avocado wasn't ripe so I had a big dirty death-by-cheese omelette instead. :pac:

My avocado wasn't ripe either this morning :(

I have chilli for lunch and no pretend guacamole. Is so sad :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is your 'avocado not being ripe' a euphemism :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

kfallon wrote: »
    Is your 'avocado not being ripe' a euphemism :confused:
    My avocado is ripe, and that is a euphemism, and I'm a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I think we've had this one before?

Porridge, yoghurt, coffee, juice sometimes made while only 10% awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    A strong cup of joe and 3 slices of toast, followed by some sort of vitiman that says 'For Man' on the packaging and a glass of distilled water.

Mmmmmm distilled water...

http://www.mercola.com/article/water/distilled_water.htm

http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/drinking-distilled-water.html

Flahavan's Hi8 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Wholegrain and chia seed toast
    Boiled egg
    1/2 avacado
    Plum tomotoes all mashed together and popped on top of toast... delish and fills you for hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Smoothie made of an apple, half an avocado, kale, a peach, some melon and water and some scrambled eggs.

Advertisement