Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast.

Options

Comments

Ah now, I love them, and hash browns. But all it takes is a few meals of decadence for me to convince meself to abandon my weight loss and decent eating and starting eating piles of fried meats, so :(

Hash browns are delish. Never had McDonalds ones though.

Was driving from Sligo to Dublin early one morning, and I would often get a cup of tea in Micky D's in Longford so with everyone going on about McMuffins I decided I give one a bash. I had two bites and that was that.

You're right though, once you get into that habit of eating shyte you keep eating shyte. Hellloooooo Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

No-one else eat coco pops whilst wearing their power rangers pyjamas anymore? Just me then.

No-one else eat coco pops whilst wearing their power rangers pyjamas anymore? Just me then.

Of course. Just not for breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I had a mc muffin once. I thought it was one of the yockiest things I ever ate.

Should have gone for the sausage.

Should have gone for the sausage.

I usually do, but I like to spice things up once in a while ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

I had a mc muffin once. I thought it was one of the yockiest things I ever ate.

Thank you for using the word yock. I said that in work the other day and nobody had ever heard it before. I am no l longer alone!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I usually do, but I like to spice things up once in a while ;)

Chorizo?

Archeron wrote: »
    Thank you for using the word yock. I said that in work the other day and nobody had ever heard it before. I am no l longer alone!

Typo dude. Sorry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

My favourite breakfast is eggs on toast. Scrambled or poached. But its too much time cooking it in the morning.

Instead i eat a bowl of boring cornflakes because its quicker.

Something is wrong with me if I'm thinking of breakfast at 2.30 in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I don't eat breakfast but on the rare occasion I do I like scrambled egg and a few rashers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Oatflakes with slices of banana. Shuts my stomach up til lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Scrambled egg, tomatoes and mushrooms. Black coffee.

Almost the same everyday as I'm dodging carbs(they keep trying to find me though :o) and not a big fan of dairy or sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Its' usually a toss up between Weetabix, Porridge and Toast....with toast nearly always coming out on top.

The odd time I'll have a fry or some variety of egg....nothing to do with trying to be healthy or anything - I just prefer my toast in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

During the week I would just have an apple or orange...or perhaps go mad and have a banana.
    At the weekend it would be an omelette if I am living healthy. A fry up the odd time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm hungry. Someone feed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Leftover stew and coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Championship Vinyl

Nutribullet - 1 Apple, frozen spinach, half a lime and water. Then 2 boiled eggs and one slice wholegrain toast.

Generally it's a variation of the above. I love breakfast. And lunch. And dinner. Throw snacks into that as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My breakfast is usually a mixture of ready break, muesli and granola with milk and I throw in a yoghurt too for taste. Keeps me going all day.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Never eat breakfast during the week. 10 minutes extra in bed is so much better.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Mushrooms on toast, or usually bacon and tomatoes on toast. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

2 pints of water.

This, then coffee in the car and fruit in work, today being two bananas and an apple.

Was never a big breakie person especially in a rush out the door in the morning.

Better on weekends when I can do bring like pancakes or fry or smoked salmon, poached egg and brown bread etc..

I love weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I don't eat breakfast

I used to do this but looking back, I don't know how I managed. Are you not starving as the day goes by? Also at that time I was pretty overweight! Not saying there's a correlation but maybe by skipping breakfast I was piling on the food for the rest of the day.

Nowadays I try to keep it filling but simple. Past few mornings, it's been two yogurts and some fruit (banana usually).

I was running late had coffee and one of those "shots" of dried fruit and seeds. I'll be cranky in about an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Palbear

I was running late had coffee and one of those "shots" of dried fruit and seeds. I'll be cranky in about an hour.

yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Palbear wrote: »
    yuck

It's yock apparently.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A strong cup of joe and 3 slices of toast, followed by some sort of vitiman that says 'For Man' on the packaging and a glass of distilled water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Two slices of toast, bit of flora light (I know this will enrage the hardcore butterists in our midst, that butter thread got vicious) and a soft boiled egg.

Palbear wrote: »
    yuck

You one of those nutjobs with driedfruitaphobia?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    A strong cup of joe and 3 slices of toast, followed by some sort of vitiman that says 'For Man' on the packaging and a glass of distilled water.

Isn't that completely without taste?:confused:

From the the tumble drier? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Two slices of toast, bit of flora light (I know this will enrage the hardcore butterists in our midst, that butter thread got vicious) and a soft boiled egg.

There was a hardcore butterist thread and I missed it!!! Damn it.

Advertisement