Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Lots of set and action pics here

e.g.

322EE43500000578-3491395-image-a-50_1457974055554.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

py2006 wrote: »

e.g.

I see the clothes fashion has moved onto something new in the Star Wars universe. Looks oddly contemporary black-tie.

Boo Radley wrote: »
    I see the clothes fashion has moved onto something new in the Star Wars universe. Looks oddly contemporary black-tie.

Initial rumour was that it was the funeral of you know who but doesn't look like that to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

This looks more like a Harry Potter film than Star Wars!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

e.g.

Looks like Yoda's head stuck onto a dog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Screw this im outta here the whole plot will be ruined before the summer. They might aswell stream the whole process

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Spotted in Dubrovnik recently:

moscroatia-landspeeder.jpg

[Nerd]Why would anyone be rocking an X-34 landspeeder 40 years after they were considered shite compared to the XP-38?[/nerd] :cool:

Looks like yet more cheap ass fan service. :(

Can we not have some, ya know...new stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Tony EH wrote: »
    [Nerd]Why would anyone be rocking an X-34 landspeeder 40 years after they were considered shite compared to the XP-38?[/nerd] :cool:

Looks like yet more cheap ass fan service. :(

Can we not have some, ya know...new stuff?

Can't judge until you've seen the finished film.

True. But the same criticism stands for 'The Force Awakens'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Yes but there are many that it didn't bother. After the prequels it was nice to see better callbacks to the originals in TFA. I felt it helped bring the fans back into a comfort zone. If the talk is to be believed, episode VIII will be quite different to any Star Wars film anyway with Rhian's script.

• Advertisement

Crew have now started work on a fairly large set at Ceann Sibeal in west Kerry.

A temporary road is in place and in the last few days two big cranes have been brought onto the site.

Locals in the area who are involved in the shoot (providing accommodation, transport, etc) say the crew are building some sort of village which resembles the ancient stone monastery that’s on Skellig Michael. Whether its a new location or a replica of what’s on Skellig isn’t clear yet but it looks similar in design.

Some filming, probably background and effects shots, is due to start at the end of April with principal photography with Hamill and Ridley to start in May and last about 10 days. Shoot will be much bigger than the ones on Skellig island and almost every bit of accommodation nearby has been booked out by Disney.

Attached is a pic that shows the cranes. Not a great quality shot but it gives some idea of whats going on.

KERRY-EP-VIII.jpg?w=1200

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Tony EH wrote: »
    True. But the same criticism stands for 'The Force Awakens'.

I don't know, makes sense to me. A lot of SW is set in poor/impoverished areas; Tattooine, Nar Shaddaa, outer rim worlds, backwater planets etc., etc. Whilst it's a futuristic/sci-fi setting it doesn't mean everyone has unlimited funds. I'd imagine a lot of ships/vehicles get upcycled/recycled/kept together... That's always been the on-going theme with the Falcon for example. A bucket of bolts barely held together...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

To me, technology is timeless in the Star Wars universe. It's the future but it's a long time ago. It's almost as if everything they have now is what has always existed and will always exist. Give or take 100 years, it's going to be the same (some stuff is shinier than others, but it's the same). If they start trying to advance technology as time moves on (ala Star Trek) I think it will lose a core part of it's appeal.

It would STILL be nice to see some new shit though.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Millennium Falcon is possibly 100 years old and has been upgraded and patched up and refitted. Let's be honest we'd all be pretty angry if it wasn't in the films. I would anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The Garbage will do! :D

I'd be proud and ecstatic to own the Falcon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

if its not broken don't fix it. I actually felt the ships and crafts in the prequels looked more modern than in in the OT and for me that ruined it. In fact everything looked "shinier" and more futuristic, part of the main criticism of those movies.

There will always be new things to look at, Rey's speeder bike for example but i love that they are trying to keep it in the tone of the OT now. As if everything still fits in part of that world. Its only 30 years later or something, My grandad still has an 80s car in his drive. Its a junker but cars haven't changed all that much really in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

if its not broken don't fix it. I actually felt the ships and crafts in the prequels looked more modern than in in the OT and for me that ruined it. In fact everything looked "shinier" and more futuristic, part of the main criticism of those movies.

I think that was one of the main points that they were trying to make; the prequels we set in an "age of enlightenment" and the OT were set in an age where it had all gone to hell because of the empire tyrannical reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The speeder we are seeing could be Lukes, maybe he went back and got it because he's nostalgic.
    He might be a vintage speeder enthusiast now. :D

After all Daddy Vader was the Star Wars equivalent of a petrolhead before he went all Darkside.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,178 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My dad has a tractor more than 40 years old and it runs fine. I've seen plenty of older cars around on bank holiday weekends too...maybe Luke only takes it out on sundays and drives a people carrier land speeder during the week. The possibilities are endless :pac:

Too soon man. Too soon
    D0DEE8DC-BB24-4F0B-ACCD-0CFA676A7DDB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

nope... don't like that!!

Mark hamill just liked my tweet :) EEEK
    C62D00A7-54A1-4CFE-8118-533389500919.png

david75 wrote: »
    Mark hamill just liked my tweet :) EEEK

So cool!

tumblr_o54c9dDDSv1qzsjdko1_1280.jpg

It's been rumoured - although not officially confirmed - that Cork's English Market will be used for filming scenes for Episode VIII later this year. Already, Cork's Brow Head and Kerry's Ceann Sibeal have been confirmed as sites for filming.

The shoot is rumoured to take place in the final weekend of April, with reports suggesting that traders in the English Market will be compensated for their loss of earnings and may even be used as background extras in the shoot itself.

It's also been speculated that the English Market will be used as the interior scenes for exterior shots that have taken place in Dubrovnik, Croatia. In the meantime, we've contacted Disney / Lucasfilm for an official confirmation and comment on the report, but, yeah, looks like the Rebel Alliance will be hanging out in the Rebel county.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

That was an April Fools joke originally published on Themoviebit.com

• Advertisement

All the big Star Wars rumour sites published it.

Advertisement