Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Hall Of Fame 2016

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,131 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J. Marston wrote: »
    4am last night, past 4am tonight, 4am tomorrow night.

Wrestlemania weekend plays havoc with the body clock.

Have a feeling I'm going to collapse on Monday.

Approx 3 hours sleep the last 2 nights

Heading to the Waterford vs Wexford game later and then to Waterford's mania party.

Have only be drinking sparingly the last few months and plan on having a few for mania and that's when the stay awake challenge will commence lol. Not in work Monday till 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

sky88 wrote: »
    That was a very good speech from snoop. Can tell he's a really big fan unlike a few of the celebrity inductees

He was smart about it, filled the speech with name checks to keep the crowd happy.

20 years time one of trips little girls vs warriors daughter for the women's title. Bet on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭The White Feather

She really likes to keep Warriors gimmick going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

PTH2009 wrote: »
    20 years time one of trips little girls vs warriors daughter for the women's title. Bet on it

And Triple H will main event that same card as a 42 time WWE champion. Bet on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,420 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm glad I took monday off. If this finishes before 5am I'll be shocked.

It'll be sooner than that as I think trips and steph oldest is nearly ten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm glad I took monday off. If this finishes before 5am I'll be shocked.

Really want too see sting but this is dragging now. Struggling.

Thank god I also have Monday off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

The last 40 minutes or so must be really confusing for The Iron Sheik.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It'll be sooner than that as I think trips and steph oldest is nearly ten.

I pity the poor guy who starts dating her.Imagine walking in and meeting her dad and her grandfather, uncle and her daddy's employee lol

Am I the only one here to have never heard of her before? Joan Lunden I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I have Monday and Tuesday off, but I'm unable to do 5 am finishes any more. Especially after two nights on the beer already. Too old.

I pity the poor guy who starts dating her.Imagine walking in and meeting her dad and her grandfather, uncle and her daddy's employee lol

If he manages to pass the tests he a champ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Joan Lunden seems like a nice person and fair play to her.

But as soon as you hear her talk about "Superstars and Divas" you know this whole speech was written by some WWE marketing/PR person. The main purpose was to put WWE over. The whole thing is so self serving from WWE's point of view. Will they even donate some of the network proceeds for this month to a cancer charity? I think it's really tacky to be honest.

How come the creator of the crow movies/character didn't sue for ripping off the character???

• Advertisement

Nice touch by ric to recognise dusty's wife. Classy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,237 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Joan Lunden seems like a nice person and fair play to her.

But as soon as you hear her talk about "Superstars and Divas" you know this whole speech was written by some WWE marketing/PR person. The main purpose was to put WWE over. The whole thing is so self serving from WWE's point of view. Will they even donate some of the network proceeds for this month to a cancer charity? I think it's really tacky to be honest.

https://twitter.com/stephmcmahon/status/581881800659591168?lang=en

Whole award is a marketing gimmick.

Is ric locked ?

Stephanie is looking well btw.

Maybe its just me but it felt like Ric was almost saying goodbye to the fans. Felt very strange.Dunno. Maybe im delirious from being up so late!

Becky needs someone to give her a shout out! Hope she wins tomorrow but thats a different topic!

• Advertisement

And that's it, Sting is done. :(

martyos121 wrote: »
    And that's it, Sting is done. :(

Bolexe going to cry myself to sleep. Night folks

As always a great HOF ceremony. But I'm sure like all of ye I need to go to bed.

Classy and great speech from sting

Ok, now I think Sting is lying about retirement.

Maybe that's just the sleep deprivation talking though.

Right lads back here at 1pm or so after a good few hours sleep ? And becky lynch you're gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

A reoccurring issue with HOF this year is that it is a family show.

Slick looks so young these days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any thing in particular worth watching?

Sting speech is great. Stan Hansen was really as was snoop. Godfather was a nice and humble speech, jbl and Simmons were really good inducting him.

The free birds first half of the speech was really good great stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Flair's speech was a disgrace, he must have thought he was getting his third HOF induction. He talked about his match with Michaels about as much as he mentioned Sting.

• Advertisement

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Flair's speech was a disgrace, he must have thought he was getting his third HOF induction. He talked about his match with Michaels about as much as he mentioned Sting.

Sure he was probably locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Palo Alto wrote: »

Flair in being Flair shocker.

The most important thing to take from last night, is that John Cena apparently got high with Snoop Dogg years ago! The thought of that is just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Though it came off fun in the end my heart did genuinely skip a beat when Hayes referenced nearly pissing on Linda McMahon. Wow, like. APA are a great comedy duo too. Bradshaw's goofy deadpan face is the best around. Godfather seems like a lovely, sound bloke. Everyone said "I'd love to tell you a story but it's a family show!" way too much. Becky Lynch was hot property sitting there behind Bruno.
    Didn't mind Flair to be honest. It was a bit grating but compared to genuine scuzzbags like Hogan and Warrior he's just a loveable old dog doing his senile bit in front of a business he loves and still needs as an emotional support group.

Regarding Ambrose he always brings that wobbly bit of his gimmick around with him. He could have been drunk but you'll never really be able to tell

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Hayes was amazing. I was welling up a bit when Freebird came on. Such a mark.

RIP Terry Gordy!

I'd totally recommend watching the WCCW stuff on Network, it's surprisingly modern still, really the birth of Sports Entertainment (for better or worse).

Advertisement