Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall Of Fame 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've a question lads. Brutus the barber beefcake ? HOF Worthy ?

How could he not be!

[Lance Storm] If I could be serious for a moment [/lance storm] though, no for me he isn't but then again in the WWE HOF the standard isn't exactly the same and he could no doubt get in as one of the filler names in a years HOF class.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well firstly, Its the WWE Hall of Fame, so anyone and everyone should be allowed in, seeing as the sole basis for induction seems to be “Does Vince McMahon like the guy” or “Can WWE make gain from adding this guy in?” rather than being there on merit and achievements. The WWE Hall of Fame isn’t to be taken seriously.

But any wrestling personality can and most likely will go in once its good for WWE business. Someone like Ed Leslie (Beefcake) will be on the same kind of level as The Godfather, and he got in, so I see no reason why The Barber can’t be inducted at some stage.

In fairness I have fond memories of Beefcake and while he never reached high levels of fame or in-ring acclaim, he was a memorable character in the 80’s/early 90’s in WWF (like who didn’t grab a garden sheers in Atlantic Homecare and imitate Beefcake). I see no reason why he wouldn’t go in at some stage and I have no problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well firstly, Its the WWE Hall of Fame, so anyone and everyone should be allowed in, seeing as the sole basis for induction seems to be “Does Vince McMahon like the guy” or “Can WWE make gain from adding this guy in?” rather than being there on merit and achievements. The WWE Hall of Fame isn’t to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I never really get the objections to the wwe hall of fame not being worthy. Every hall of fame is flawed. The observer one doesnt have sting but has lesnar. Sting has done more for wrestling then brock has at the minute.

Eventually they will add the neccesary people like Lou Thesz and it will not get that reaction but until then it is seen as just who Vince wants to add cos even though there are arguements for why people like him aren't in other people who are completely invalidate that (for example you could say Thesz wasn't a WWF/E guy but there are people in the HOF who never wrestled in the fed so...).

• Advertisement

"A hall of fame is a structure housing memorials to famous or illustrious individuals in a certain field, usually chosen by a group of electors."

The WWE's hall of fame is chosen by a single elector, and essentially is based on whether or not he likes and is on good terms with you. Added to that, they have a formula they like to meet for each years class - 1 'ethnic' inductee, 1 woman. (In case you wondered why lifelong midcarders The Godfather and Jacqueline went in this year, or Madusa & Rikishi last year). There's also the goal of limiting the amount of deceased inductees so as not to be depressing.

So basically if you're on good terms with the company, Vince doesn't hate you, and/or you're black or female, you've a good shot at getting in.

It doesn't bother me, but the idea or pretension that it is somehow prestigous is certainly amusing.

I also remember reading that if you are to be inducted you have to sign up for a WWE legends contract or something similar. Think it might have been Cornette saying it and how he had no intention to sign on as a legend although he also didn't think they would want to induct him consider some of the things he has saying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I do feel like they have lowered their standards this year. If Godfather can get in, I wonder will Zack Ryder can get in a few years time since he was popular for a brief amount of time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I do feel like they have lowered their standards this year. If Godfather can get in, I wonder will Zack Ryder can get in a few years time since he was popular for a brief amount of time.

Ryder should get in on the back of his Internet show alone. He was ahead of the game (No not you Hunter) when it came to utilizing Social Media and Youtube to pimp himself and get noticed.

And he is a former Tag Team Champ and US champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm a bit stumped in terms of the debate re: who should go in- who should go out.

I can see the point people have about it taking the prestige of the HOF if lower card guys start being inducted but I can also see the merits in inducting lesser names.

I think a small thing that has killed the HOF a bit is the sheer numbers they induct every year. When it was resurrected they completely stacked the classes. It would have saved the nesscesity to pad out the event with smaller names.

Hogan, Piper, Slaughter, Sheik, Heenan all went in, in the same year. I'd easily be just as sold as a fan if you inducted Hogan and maybe another worthy trio one year( Four inductees in total) and the next year do the same with Piper and so on.

Just think of the truly legendary names left to go in. There aren't that many. Next five years for arguments sake. How many odds on headliners do we have?

Angle, Taker, Rock, Brock, Vince, Trips?

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'm a bit stumped in terms of the debate re: who should go in- who should go out.

I can see the point people have about it taking the prestige of the HOF if lower card guys start being inducted but I can also see the merits in inducting lesser names.

I think a small thing that has killed the HOF a bit is the sheer numbers they induct every year. When it was resurrected they completely stacked the classes. It would have saved the nesscesity to pad out the event with smaller names.

Hogan, Piper, Slaughter, Sheik, Heenan all went in, in the same year. I'd easily be just as sold as a fan if you inducted Hogan and maybe another worthy trio one year( Four inductees in total) and the next year do the same with Piper and so on.

Just think of the truly legendary names left to go in. There aren't that many. Next five years for arguments sake. How many odds on headliners do we have?

Angle, Taker, Rock, Brock, Vince, Trips?

I think your right with they toploaded a lot of hofs and now they are running out of headliners.

Except for the list you have mentioned and i dont think brock, vince or trips will be going in anytime soon. You have bryan and jericho probably kane and big show really left of guys who were big stars.

Surely at some point HHH or Steph will loby hard enough and Vince will put himself in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Taking WWE championship as a benchmark for the marquee name we have:

Sheamus, Big Show, Angle, Trips, Taker, Orton, RVD, Sid, Jericho, Punk, Bryan, Cena, Del Rio, Rollins, Reigns, Lesnar and Kane.

Taking the fact JBL and Guerrero played second fiddle I'd safely say 50% of these are not going in as the top name.

There's a LIMO DRIVER in for f**ks sakes! There are no standards. KOKO B WARE. Anyone can go in lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,018 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will 'Mr McMahon'ever go in the hof ???

DDP should get a future Warrior Award for his work in helping Jake and Scott hall.

Goldberg, jbl, y2J, Daniel Bryan should get in the very near future

I'd love to see a physical touring hall of fame musuem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So what time irish does this start on the network ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So what time irish does this start on the network ?

Midnight for the red carpet 1am for the main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

PTH2009 wrote: »
    DDP should get a future Warrior Award for his work in helping Jake and Scott hall.

DDP should get in the HOF regardless.
    the Warrior Award is little more than a PR stunt, and gives the middle finger to what Warrior himself wanted it to be.

Renee and sasha looking savage on the red carpet it has to be said. Also the King is engaged. He's been engaged more times than a switch board.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Brindor

Hyped for Stangers HoF video package honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Ryback is good fun. His missus was looking well.

First time I've seen Randy Orton show some personality.

First time I've seen Randy Orton show some personality.

Ah no he showed huge personality two years ago to be fair.

Byron saxton is just terrible on the red capert thing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sky88 wrote: »
    Byron saxton is just terrible on the red capert thing

Not much good off it either.

Sgt Slaughter the old pervert "I'll give you some orders". :D

Randy's bird really is just phenomenal.

Maria is gorgeous btw. A fierce ridey bridey.

Jesus the new girl botched so badly there. Mortified for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Wow, Ambrose looks completely out of it.

Advertisement