Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall Of Fame 2016

Options
  • 04-01-2016 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭

Well seeing as we are in the calender year of 2016. Wrestlemania is in Texas so the location normally has a bearing on who gets in, although that didn't help Ray Stevens for San Fran last year.

In my opinion this should be the class
    Headliner:sting (as I don't think taker will go in if he's wrestling as the event)
    Tag team: the freebirds
    Women: jaqualine
    Posthumous: miss Elizabeth
    Warrior award: DDP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah I'd say Stinger is a decent shout. Truly deserved as well. He was WCW. So many eras and he was top dog for all of them.

Heard murmurs of Lemmy & Motörhead getting a nod. Could really see it especially since it's HHH they are linked to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well seeing as we are in the calender year of 2016. Wrestlemania is in Texas so the location normally has a bearing on who gets in, although that didn't help Ray Stevens for San Fran last year.

In my opinion this should be the class
    Headliner:sting (as I don't think taker will go in if he's wrestling as the event)
    Tag team: the freebirds
    Women: jaqualine
    Posthumous: miss Elizabeth
    Warrior award: DDP.

I think the Freebirds and Jackie are a must this year. After that who knows! Vince will change his mind depending on if he had a dump that morning or not so I wouldnt wanna put money on who goes in. Paul Boesch the legendary Houston promoter could be an outside bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Not sure if he's teasing or lobbying but Vader posted the HOF logo on his Twitter today. I hope he's being inducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Brindor

Here's a potential list I've had in mine.

Headliner: The Man Called Stang (Assuming Undertaker isn't gonna be main induction.)
    Christian (Could see it happening in the next three years)
    Mark Henry (Next year maybe.)
    Lemmy
    Freebirds.
    Warrior Award for whoever.
    Miss Elizabeth ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looks like big van vader is going in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Brindor wrote: »
    Headliner: The Man Called Stang

Is he getting inducted by William Regal? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,602 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think maybe Taker or Rock will be going in, headline inductee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ricero wrote: »
    Looks like big van vader is going in

It's Vader's time!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Isn't there usually a non WWE guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Isn't there usually a non WWE guy?

Punk ? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I hope Vader is going in, I think others to go in could be the Freebirds, I'll take a punt on Jushin 'thunder' Liger after his appearance in NXT, The Rock could possibly be the headline act, its a good way to have him there without wrestling, Sting could probably go in to and i'd like to see Paul Heyman in there to, and then Stacy Kiebler just for her entrance alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vader for a Rumble spot then I would say as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Sting (Headliner), Jushin Thunder Liger (International Superstar), Christian or William Regal (Mid-carder), Fred Durst :pac: (Celebrity Wing), Vickie Guerrero (Woman), DDP and maybe Eric Bischoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,018 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sting (Headliner), Jushin Thunder Liger (International Superstar), Christian or William Regal (Mid-carder), Fred Durst :pac: (Celebrity Wing), Vickie Guerrero (Woman), DDP and maybe Eric Bischoff.

Like that list but Vickie Guerrero ???. Only in it cause of the tragic death of her husband.

Vince Russo should be included but long story there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Like that list but Vickie Guerrero ???. Only in it cause of the tragic death of her husband.

Vickie was one of the biggest heels and got huge reactions everywhere and whoever she was with. I think she'd fully deserve an a induction

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »

Actually that's not a bad shout for vickie. I mean on her own merits she was a heat seaking missle by just saying "excuse me"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,602 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As they are back now what about Dudleys or are Freebirds confirmed tag team going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

DX, British Bulldog, Flyin' Brian, Crush

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ivan Koloff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Surely Owen now that they have a DVD coming out too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I would say it would almost be a lock for Lemmy to get inducted posthumously into the celeb wing this year

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I would say it would almost be a lock for Lemmy to get inducted posthumously into the celeb wing this year

Id doubt it even though I can see where your coming from.

I dont think WWE have ever posthumously inducted a celeb in. WWE like to have a celeb present to get eyes on the product and Lemmy might not have been big enough to go in even when he was alive.

Id say WWE already have a celeb lined up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could they induct Motorhead, so they get the remaining members there at least and they can pay tribute to Lemmy?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Could they induct Motorhead, so they get the remaining members there at least and they can pay tribute to Lemmy?

Im sure they could, but I highly doubt they will unless Triple H pushes for it. Motorhead just wont get publicity for WWE that say Drew Carey or Stephen Amell would, and thats what WWE wants.

Has Kid done enough to get into the HoF is being a member of the Kliq & NWO enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Has Kid done enough to get into the HoF is being a member of the Kliq & NWO enough.

I think he'll go in when they induct DX or NWO

• Registered Users Posts: 38,018 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Need to get Hogan back to induct the nwo. If they brought del rio back then u never know

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

First member of this years class will be announced at 6pm today.

Being in Texas this year you would expect some connected with WCCW and since the Von Erichs are already in the next names would have to be the Freebirds.

JBL being a Texan could be a shout.

Sting to be the Headliner.

• Advertisement

Advertisement