Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp LC-40CFE5221K 40-Inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Got mine today also and Tbh i'm very impressed.
    1)Picture quality is very good especially on the HD channels
    2)Sound is fine.
    3)Easy to setup.

It will be replacing an 11 year old Tevion 32" Lcd (still going strong) which was €1000 more expensive at the time..:eek:
    I wonder what will be available on the market in another 10 years.

Thanks again OP....Great Bargin..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

mine was delivered on Friday good tv dose anybody no the code for the sky remote none that i found online seems to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Got mine as well love it. Had to buy a new desk cause the stands are at the side of the telly so you need something at least 40 inches to stand it on. Xbox one looks good had to change the aspect ratio to dot to dot and it looked ten times better then.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Got mine as well love it. Had to buy a new desk cause the stands are at the side of the telly so you need something at least 40 inches to stand it on. Xbox one looks good had to change the aspect ratio to dot to dot and it looked ten times better then.

Fancy sticking up a few photos. Was tempted to buy for my One.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Tesco still have the reduced price of £179 still ongoing. Get it via Parcel Motel I'd say.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/sharp-lc40cfe5221k-40-inch-full-hd-1080p-led-tv-with-freeview-hd/301-8207.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=301-8207
    Looks like it's still available on Tesco. :)
    Parcel motel is €7 if you collect and another €3.30 if you want extra liability cover. But you save £4 of that on the lower UK VAT.

I would have gone parcel wizard but they haven't said how much they charge for large items yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

If you've a Version 9 SKY remote then it might be 2134 based on the manual for a different UMC with the same remote control.

I have version 9 2134 no good.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Fancy sticking up a few photos. Was tempted to buy for my One.

Was trying too but they wouldn't really come out(dark)

sky player http://s22.postimg.org/ug1hp1ctt/20160110_092945.jpg

fifa 16 http://s28.postimg.org/efyrr8rbh/20160110_083827.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Took a picture of the Sharp 40" (below) a 3 year old Samsung 46" Smart tv and they were on a par with picture quality...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Mine arrived. Have to say the picture quality is nice and crispy. That thin bezel around it is class too. 3 HDMI is needed, Minix box plugged in, lovely picture, no issues. Audio soild, just setting up the scan for saorvoew atm and then Thunderbirds are go! Lol

Can anyone recommended a bracket so I can mount it to the wall? Is this process simple enough with this tv?

Excellent buy. Well recommended for sub €250 if anyone's thinking of buying one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mine arrived. Have to say the picture quality is nice and crispy. That thin bezel around it is class too. 3 HDMI is needed, Minix box plugged in, lovely picture, no issues. Audio soild, just setting up the scan for saorvoew atm and then Thunderbirds are go! Lol

Can anyone recommended a bracket so I can mount it to the wall? Is this process simple enough with this tv?

Excellent buy. Well recommended for sub €250 if anyone's thinking of buying one.

If only you could at that price!

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »

Its still available at tesco at that price?

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Back again in Amazon. £179 which converts to £183.48 inc Irish VaT rates. Ordered this wall bracket for £7.99 with it http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SWVF3L0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Use Revolut card to save on exchange rates.

Thanks OP.

Above user has shared an amazon link for a wall bracket! What did you use to get saorview, just a simple aerial?

godtabh wrote: »

It's still available in Tesco for around that.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/sharp-lc40cfe5221k-40-inch-full-hd-1080p-led-tv-with-freeview-hd/301-8207.prd?skuId=301-8207

I paid €249 for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Would this work as a saorview tuner guys and would I just put it in the usb slot and tune it?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Play-TV-PS3/dp/B0017UV0UG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1452535514&sr=8-1&keywords=playtv3+tuner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Would this work as a saorview tuner guys and would I just put it in the usb slot and tune it?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Play-TV-PS3/dp/B0017UV0UG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1452535514&sr=8-1&keywords=playtv3+tuner

TV already has the requisite tuner on-board.

All you need is an aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Yamanoto wrote:
    TV already has the requisite tuner on-board.

Yamanoto wrote:
    All you need is an aerial.

Any ones you would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Did you go though Parcel Motel Northern Ireland?
    And did you pick it up from there or organize to have it shipped to South?
    (Apologies, Parcel Motel newb here!)

Panthro wrote: »
    Did you go though Parcel Motel Northern Ireland?
    And did you pick it up from there or organize to have it shipped to South?
    (Apologies, Parcel Motel newb here!)

I just pointed to the other poster that it's still available for €250 from Tesco. I bought mine from Amazon uk when it was the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I just pointed to the other poster that it's still available for €250 from Tesco. I bought mine from Amazon uk when it was the same price.
    Ah right, not so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Any ones you would recommend?

Assuming you don't have a rooftop aerial, you could try rabbits ears from any €2 shop or an amplified indoor aerial from the likes of Argos - rooftop is preferable by far though and having one installed shouldn't set you back too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Can anyone comment on the stand, it looks a bit awkward in photos - just my impression. I've no wall space for a bracket so I'd want to be confident in the stand being sturdy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

deise_boi wrote: »
    Can anyone comment on the stand, it looks a bit awkward in photos - just my impression. I've no wall space for a bracket so I'd want to be confident in the stand being sturdy enough!

no problems with the stand. Very sturdy IMHO!!!!!
    Only comment would be that you would need a wide TV stand (min width 90cm)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I now have two identical UMC remotes that are incompatible. :mad:
    I tried factory reset and pushing yellow and green buttons.

For reasons that are more important than retaining customers UMC have decided to put new remote codes in the controller, not there was any need since all the buttons are EXACTLY the same.

Why do they do this ??

Anyone get a remote code , with any remote ?

I now have two identical UMC remotes that are incompatible. :mad:
    I tried factory reset and pushing yellow and green buttons.

For reasons that are more important than retaining customers UMC have decided to put new remote codes in the controller, not there was any need since all the buttons are EXACTLY the same.

Why do they do this ??

Anyone get a remote code , with any remote ?

I'm using the remote supplied, had no problems pairing. Did you use the one supplied? Try pressing both green & yellow buttons together until the light on the tv blinks 5 times? Make sure its no less than 5. That did the trick and paired it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

The batteries I got with my remote were dead so I had to change them, then pair and it worked fine then.

I'm using the remote supplied, had no problems pairing. Did you use the one supplied?
    Yes the supplied remote works.

But it's exactly the same as a UMC one I already have, the only difference is one has a Blaupunkt logo and the new one has a sticker covering that place. Neither have a model number just a sticker inside the battery with a date on it.

Picture is grand, haven't had a good sci-fi movie / sports test yet. Sound is OK but I'll probably throw some external speakers on it for the bass. Tip get a ghetto blaster or similar with a Line In / Aux In from a charity shop for a tenner or two if you don't want to pay mad money for a "sound bar"

Yes the supplied remote works.

But it's exactly the same as a UMC one I already have, the only difference is one has a Blaupunkt logo and the new one has a sticker covering that place. Neither have a model number just a sticker inside the battery with a date on it.

Picture is grand, haven't had a good sci-fi movie / sports test yet. Sound is OK but I'll probably throw some external speakers on it for the bass. Tip get a ghetto blaster or similar with a Line In / Aux In from a charity shop for a tenner or two if you don't want to pay mad money for a "sound bar"

Basically the giant boombox types? Then plug in an aux cable and it should work no problem? Ordered the wall mount. Still in awe of the bezel! And the picture!

Basically the giant boombox types? Then plug in an aux cable and it should work no problem? Ordered the wall mount. Still in awe of the bezel! And the picture!
    Or Hi Fi separates. The thing you need to check is that they have an input. keep any eye out for good brands , back when brands meant something. Some even have remote controls. The only justification for chipboard is when it's used in a nice big set of two or even three way speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,900 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Just wondering does anyone know how to manually set the time on this TV? I only have it connected to UPC/VM analogue and doesn't seem to automatically detect a time signal. In the time menu the option is greyed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,900 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Just a question for anyone with this TV do you know how to manually set the time and date? I have it only connected to UPC/VM analogue and it doesn't seem to be receiving a time signal. The option to set the time appears to be greyed out in the time menu.

Advertisement