Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp LC-40CFE5221K 40-Inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview

Options
  • 02-01-2016 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Less than half price.Cut from 383 stg to 179 stg

good specs

amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Less than half price.Cut from 383 stg to 179 stg

good specs

amazon

Thanks you. Link if someone wants to check it out

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B015EL27TQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1451753933&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX118_SY170&keywords=Sharp+LC-40CFE5221K

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

Thanks Blackie.

I assume as the tuner is listed as mpeg4 it's Saorview compatible?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Anybody any experience of the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

Reviews seem pretty positive, although few giving out about the stand but I am going to mount it on wall. Been looking for a second TV recently and this should do the job at an excellent price.

To answer my own earlier question; the TV is "Freeview HD" so Saorivew works.

Tesco UK have them also at the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

It records and has built in Media player aswell, 3 HDMI and Amazon customer service to fall back on if it falls apart in 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Would like to buy this, is parcel motel the best way to get it here? Do they deliver to the house for 7 quid is that how it works? As it must be too big fit a locker..

Also is Amazon the better one to buy from or tesco direct? As they are the same price?

Anyone else buying it? Looks great..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 badboybubby

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Would like to buy this, is parcel motel the best way to get it here? Do they deliver to the house for 7 quid is that how it works? As it must be too big fit a locker..

Also is Amazon the better one to buy from or tesco direct? As they are the same price?

Anyone else buying it? Looks great..

Amazon have free delivery to Ireland on this,just select it at checkout.

Can anyone confirm the actual price in euro? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

AS1890 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm the actual price in euro? :)

How lazy are you ! €258 is what Amazon charge you with their own euro conversion.

• Advertisement

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    How lazy are you ! €258 is what Amazon charge you with their own euro conversion.

Very lazy Quigs Snr ;) Cheers bud. Gonna order it now. Never knew Amazon had a convertor. TY.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Very lazy Quigs Snr ;) Cheers bud. Gonna order it now. Never knew Amazon had a convertor. TY.

They just give you the option when you are paying for it of paying in Euro.. I am not sure whether it works out cheaper to do that or take your chances with your credit card companies conversion rate.....

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    They just give you the option when you are paying for it of paying in Euro.. I am not sure whether it works out cheaper to do that or take your chances with your credit card companies conversion rate.....

I'll definitely pay in euro. Permanent TSB change me €8 for paying in any currency other than euro.

Never ordered a large item like a tv from Amazon before. So they are grand to deliver to my door no hassle noramal courier i suppose? No need for parcel motel then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Never ordered a large item like a tv from Amazon before. So they are grand to deliver to my door no hassle noramal courier i suppose? No need for parcel motel then?
    Ordered a TV last year from Amazon and it was delivered by An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

What's the refresh rate ? I can't seem to find on Amazon or Tesco what it is.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Ordered a TV last year from Amazon and it was delivered by An Post.

Any hassle? Is it a basic courier service? Would not want it damaged enroute.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Bret Hart wrote: »
    What's the refresh rate ? I can't seem to find on Amazon or Tesco what it is.

Good spec details on PC world bus website below, just fix the link.

On the lookout for a new / bigger TV and might take the plunge on this TV for the price. Just have to consider delivery etc

http:// www.pcworldbusiness.co.uk /catalogue/item/P222743P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Good spec details on PC world bus website below, just fix the link.

On the lookout for a new / bigger TV and might take the plunge on this TV for the price. Just have to consider delivery etc

http:// www.pcworldbusiness.co.uk /catalogue/item/P222743P

It's got a 50hz refresh rate,which is good enough for me as I'd be using it as a TV for the bedroom.

It comes too €244 and if your too get it deliverd by Parcel Motel,they now deliver straight too anywhere in Ireland for a fee of €15 for a oversized package and it all adds up to €259. I think you'd be very wise too snap up this bargain,I've gone ahead myself and ordered one there now.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    It's got a 50hz refresh rate,which is good enough for me as I'd be using it as a TV for the bedroom.

It comes too €244 and if your too get it deliverd by Parcel Motel,they now deliver straight too anywhere in Ireland for a fee of €15 for a oversized package and it all adds up to €259. I think you'd be very wise too snap up this bargain,I've gone ahead myself and ordered one there now.

Best via Parcel Motel or An Post?? I want to buy but unsure as to what the safest postage is...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Best via Parcel Motel or An Post?? I want to buy but unsure as to what the safest postage is...

Cheapest one.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Just pulled the trigger and went for the standard free postage via the amazon site themselves.
    I presume this should be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Any hassle? Is it a basic courier service? Would not want it damaged enroute.

No hassle at all,postman delivered it same time as the usual bills and crap.
    It was fairly well packaged ,there was an outer amazon box over the TV's packaging/box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

sibersha wrote: »
    To answer my own earlier question; the TV is "Freeview HD" so Saorivew works.

Most standard Freeview sets manufactured in the last few years also decode Saorview without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Just ordered guys can't go wrong for the price. Just one question does it come with a tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This won't be made by Sharp by the way, probably the likes of Vestel paying to use their name. Happens with a lot of the big, well known names these days.

But for the price, I'm sure it'll do a job for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'll definitely pay in euro. Permanent TSB change me €8 for paying in any currency other than euro.

Never take the site conversion rate if possible.

May I suggest using a Revolut card if PTSB are charging extortionate FX conversions?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057481488

Means if you bought it now 183 stg would cost 246 saving 12 euro on the Amazon offered rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Nothing to worry about using the free delivery from Amazon been using it for years on all types of items and never had a problem but if you do their customer service is first class

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

This Tv can be ordered into store in Tesco's in the north for free, click and collect is the term I think. Ordered one yesterday for collection in Newry. Was in Bainbridge store ordered in couple minutes at tesco direct counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

ordered one- thanks OP

Advertisement