Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Election Candidates

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

So Wexford must be the only county to kept the status quo and never try stop complaining of lack of investment/lack of jobs and yet put back in some of the same buffoons. I despair.

1x ind, 2x fg, 1x lab, 1x ff

My oh my

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

vicwatson wrote: »
    So Wexford must be the only county to kept the status quo and never try stop complaining of lack of investment/lack of jobs and yet put back in some of the same buffoons. I despair.

My oh my

Depressing isn't it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I'll have to try content myself with the knowledge that at least I didn't vote for FG, FF or Labour!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

My oh my

The alternative was Direct Democracy,People Before Profit,Sinn Fein and a splatter of independents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

And Green Party and Social Democrats.

• Advertisement

You forgot social democrats, however it shows plainly that Wexford is served very poorly by quality politicians

You forgot social democrats, however it shows plainly that Wexford is served very poorly by quality politicians

Very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

For those that are interested, tallies are available in the Wexford People.
    You can also see them online at
    http://wexfordpeople.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx
    You'll need to register
    (Pages 24/25)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Watching Kehoe blubbering like a baby after the election count is evidence of just how pathetic the man is. Where was the tough guy who, with the backing of AGS, was laying down the law to protesters in Enniscorthy and swanning around Leinster House like a peacock with a hard on. It must have been embarrassing even for those FG TDs he whipped over the past five years.
    Mythen has the impetus here now I'd say and should there be a rerun in the short term I can't see Kehoe holding on.

I'll give Johnny Mythen his dues, he was very well spoken after his defeat, I heard it on the radio this morning. Fair play to him he's certainly gone up in my estimation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

People on here standing up for John Browne - sweet jesus. Must be related to him or staunch FFrs. That man was one useless can of scutter.
    All the oul wans voted for him for getting medical cards and the like. Glad to see the back of him - an embarrassment to the county - got nowhere-but sure at least he has the few bob for himself now I suppose!!!! And then, his son comes along and swoops in of course! James though is very intelligent and hard working and would have some hope for him in the future. Live in hope anyway!

I'm ashamed to have Paul Kehoe representing Wexford. A bumbling fool if ever there was one. Yates gave him the backing years ago - only for that he'd have his arm up some cow's arsse now, though that'd be too much hard work for him!

Speaking of his wife, she was bragging to her buddies in the hospital a few years ago that they built her house on the hubby's expenses. Great politician that lad!

Anyone see him on TV3 yesterday morning? Asked how he felt that he just got in - he said he had to comfort his daughter, the asked him "Daddy, if you don't get in does that mean you don't have a job?"
    Trying to pull at the heartstrings, and the town of Enniscorthy dead, 20 Clearstream employees let go couple of weeks ago etc

As for the rest of the candidates, there's no standouts there either - and that's probably the real problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Rackard wrote: »
    People on here standing up for John Browne - sweet jesus. Must be related to him or staunch FFrs. That man was one useless can of scutter.
    All the oul wans voted for him for getting medical cards and the like. Glad to see the back of him - an embarrassment to the county - got nowhere-but sure at least he has the few bob for himself now I suppose!!!! And then, his son comes along and swoops in of course! James though is very intelligent and hard working and would have some hope for him in the future. Live in hope anyway!

I'm ashamed to have Paul Kehoe representing Wexford. A bumbling fool if ever there was one. Yates gave him the backing years ago - only for that he'd have his arm up some cow's arsse now, though that'd be too much hard work for him!

Speaking of his wife, she was bragging to her buddies in the hospital a few years ago that they built her house on the hubby's expenses. Great politician that lad!

Anyone see him on TV3 yesterday morning? Asked how he felt that he just got in - he said he had to comfort his daughter, the asked him "Daddy, if you don't get in does that mean you don't have a job?"
    Trying to pull at the heartstrings, and the town of Enniscorthy dead, 20 Clearstream employees let go couple of weeks ago etc

As for the rest of the candidates, there's no standouts there either - and that's probably the real problem.

Here is the real problem as you say, none of them stood out and i couldn't see any of them challenging the main runners.

I did think M.Byrne FF might get in ahead of Darcy, but Darcy obviously had a strong Gorey vote, never seen him in Wex town! I actually drove through Camolin on Friday afternoon, day of election. And there was a car driving around with loudspeaker on asking people to vote for Michael Darcy, i haven't seen that since the early '80's!!

Anyone i spoke to in Wex town area were going to vote for Howlin, again it was what he had done town, saved hospital etc that swayed people.

Howlin has done sweet FA for Wexford, and Labour sold out in style and Wexford still elects him. Feck off this mentality

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

It's inaccurate to say Howlin has done nothing for Wexford. He topped the poll and the only reason I can see for this is because of the spending he secured for the hospital, schools, roads, Garda Station etc. Maybe his could be described as parish pumps politics at it best/worst and the antithesis of say what Wallace represents but it's the way politics works in Ireland and as far as I can see it's not going to change any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

8.000 Wexford constituents gave Mr Wallace a number 1 and I cannot understand what these Wexford people expect to get in return for this vote of confidence .
    What do ye posters here believe he will deliver for Wexford. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭sjb25

8.000 Wexford constituents gave Mr Wallace a number 1 and I cannot understand what these Wexford people expect to get in return for this vote of confidence .

About as much of the rest of them......... But at least he causes a bit of a uproar nationally

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Good pot stirrer,entertainment value . Didn't vote for him though.
    He did kick some fat asses in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Unfortunately probably the same as Howlin
    Kehoe and Darcy completely useless
    Browne ,the jury out for a while we will see how he goes,hope he doesn't end like the father........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I gave him my number 2. I don't believe he'll do a single thing explicitly for the good of County Wexford. I don't mind that. I gave him my vote because I believe he is good for the country. He is outspoken, challenges the government and has no problem exposing issues brought to his attention by informed members of Joe Public.

We need more people to vote on the good of the country rather than people concerned about getting pot holes on their lane patched up or getting their medical card.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

I gave him my number 2. I don't believe he'll do a single thing explicitly for the good of County Wexford. I don't mind that. I gave him my vote because I believe he is good for the country. He is outspoken, challenges the government and has no problem exposing issues brought to his attention by informed members of Joe Public.

We need more people to vote on the good of the country rather than people concerned about getting pot holes on their lane patched up or getting their medical card.

Same for me. there are 4 others up there who will spend their 5 years doing the local thing and follow the party whip on national matters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Hey guys what's the situation with Wexford town? Do they want to be a city or are they fine being a regional town. I know we got Galway, Limerick, Cork & Waterford with both Kilkenny city and Drogheda being ceremonial or non cities but how about Wexford does it have any aspirations of becoming a city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Hey guys what's the situation with Wexford town? Do they want to be a city or are they fine being a regional town. I know we got Galway, Limerick, Cork & Waterford with both Kilkenny city and Drogheda being ceremonial or non cities but how about Wexford does it have any aspirations of becoming a city.

Wexford could never become a city due to the historical fact that it was "independent" from the King of England it ran as a self governed placed this is all back in the Norman Conquest days.

The other places all applied to the King and received charters to what kind of business could run in these places which is what made them a city.

A ceremonial city maybe someday but I doubt it I don't think there is no real law

James I's 1609 charter did name Wexford a city though but its reckon he made a mistake

Advertisement