Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? 2016 Edition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Batman: Arhkam Knight (PS4)
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (NDC) (PS4)
    Saint Row IV Re-elected (Xbox One)
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (NDC) (PS4)
    Gone Home (PS4)
    Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (PS4)
    Bully AKA Canis Canem Edit (PS2 on PS4)

Adding:

Uncharted 3 (PS4) - Great game. Similar game-play wise to Uncharted 2 but much more cinematic and more Hollywood. That's both a weakness and a strength. Strength in that it really feels like an epic Indiana Jones type film. A weak point in that it gets a little OTT, too many things crammed. There was times where I just laughed at the screen - just how many things could possibly go wrong for Drake in order to wring more action out of it. Also some scenes felt very much like I was just needed to move Drake to the next scene -
    The desert section as well as the drugged section spring to mind
    . Overall though I loved the game-play, just hope Uncharted 4 is more restrained.

And that the Nathan Drake Collection done and dusted. I've started RDR over the weekend and hope to play Quantum Break in parallel. :)

I completed Final Fight 3 and Sunset Riders on the SNES with my m8 during a 7 hour beer / SNES marathon last Friday. Good times.

Final Fight tho is a bit limited, Streets of Rage 2 is better on every level IMO

Finished Duke3D on PS3 also. A good port bar the fact you can't turn off the texture smoothing. I prefer the pixels :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Firewatch
    Trials of the Blood Dragon
    Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
    Warriors Orochi 3
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Xbox One
    Fallout 4
    Fallout 4: Automatron DLC
    Inside

Xbox 360
    The Revenge of Shinobi (SEGA Vintage Collection)

PC
    Final Fantasy IX
    SEGA Mega Drive
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles

ADDING:
    Xbox 360

Streets of Rage (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Streets of Rage 2 (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Streets of Rage 3 (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Golden Axe (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Golden Axe 2 (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Golden Axe 3 (SEGA Vintage Collection)

Talked my girlfriend into trying all these games out with me, she loved every one of them. Very enjoyable weekend playing these classics

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Not listing all of em for 2016.
    But just coming into the holidays here, so I have a bit of time to play some games (mostly it's been Overwatch at night)...during the day when noones about.

Completed God of War 3 yesterday, it was ok.
    Within the next week I plan to play and complete MGS4 and Uncharted 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Dying Light- 9/10
    Rocket League- 7/10
    TWD Season 1- 5/10
    Life is Strange Episode 3- 8/10
    Fallout 4 - 8/10
    Mass effect 1 - 7/10

Adding

Life is strange Episode 4 - Amazing, final plot twist is shocking. But it's not just the ending that's great, all the way through it is fantastic. There's one scene with a confrontation that is very difficult to master. Rewind ability is used perfectly and side characters are great. Only bad thing is they didn't say when talking to a random character that that'd be the guy would bring the main story on. As soon as it was finished I clicked straight on to episode 5. 9/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
    Grand Kingdom
    Nights Of Azure
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
    Dark Souls 3
    Divinity Original Sin
    Bravely Second
    Fire Emblem Fates
    I Am Setsuna
    Doom
    Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Inside
    Grim Dawn
    Abzu
    Stardew Valley
    Starbound
    Salt And Sanctuary
    Hyper Light Drifter
    Oxenfree
    Darkest Dungeon
    Firewatch
    Nuclear Throne
    Banner Saga 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ryse
    Valiant Hearts
    Rise of the tomb raider
    Inside
    Adding Dying light

Adding The Fall, I think it was Misky who recommended this. A great sci-fi adventure game, short at 3 hours but great writing and voice acting - the story is very engaging also. Its only €2 now on xbox, I enjoyed it more than Inside.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
    Grand Kingdom
    Nights Of Azure
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
    Dark Souls 3
    Divinity Original Sin
    Bravely Second
    Fire Emblem Fates
    I Am Setsuna
    Doom
    Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Inside
    Grim Dawn
    Abzu
    Stardew Valley
    Starbound
    Salt And Sanctuary
    Hyper Light Drifter
    Oxenfree
    Darkest Dungeon
    Firewatch
    Nuclear Throne
    Banner Saga 2

Was waiting to see your list xenji :o

MURAMASA REBIRTH -vita
    Ac syndicate -ps4
    Gravity rush -ps4
    Odins sphere- vita
    The Asterisk War: Phoenix Festa - vita

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Procyon

List
    Assassins creed: Rogue
    The Witness

Adding:

Braid
    A side-scrolling puzzle game from the maker of "The Witness". Quite short, not too difficult with some nice ideas.

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    Not great. Basically a set of side missions loosely bound with a plot. A very easy game even by Saints Row standards.

The Talos Principle
    A stylish and challenging puzzle game with a philosophical edge. I preferred The Witness, but it was close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

My meagre list so far:

Dark Souls 3
    Bloodborne
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

New

Abzu

Absolutely wonderful underwater journey. That final section where
    you, the Great White, the Blue Whale, the cheeky Dolphins and various others are leaping out of the water like choreographed fireworks...
    Wow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Since the start of the year:

Halo 4: A replay on the One as part of the MCC. Enjoyed it a lot more than the first time I played through it because I had played through 1-3 just beforehand and got interested in the lore and the universe.

Halo 5: Enjoyed this too, especially the early stuff in the colonies. Think it lost it's way a bit once it went into the usual Halo stuff, and the accompanying podcast did a better job of telling the story. On the gameplay side of things the ledge climb and boost make such a big difference to gameplay.

Back to the Future: Game share with my brother and he picked this up back in October when it was on sale for the 30th anniversary. Think I started it back then and could only bring myself to finish it over the last few nights. Has a bit more 'game' aspects to it than recent telltale games but story wise is pretty boring. By the end I was using the hints for any puzzle that wasn't blatantly obvious just to get through it.

Lego Marvel: Played through it with the kids. Handy enough and all the bricks/characters really bring out the collector in me. Not sure if I prefer the old format or the inclusion of the hub area full of collectibles though. Really enjoyed the mini New York in this but that was most likely down it being full of Marvel characters. Gotham and Bricktropolis (??) in Lego Batman and The Lego Movie weren't as good imo. Although Middle Earth in Lego LotR is still the pinnacle of this style.

Quantum Break: Good game. Enjoyable story even if some of the main points were predictable. Fairly short with some good set pieces and not that difficult on hard, gameplay kinda reminded me of Army of Two. That final boss battle though. Also normally like when games have collectibles which add to the world but this had too much and by the end of it I wasn't even bothering to read most of them. TV show was something different although not sure how much it impacted on the game.

Pnuema: Breath of Life. Wouldn't have bought this due to how short it was but really enjoyed it as a free game. Most of the puzzles are straight forward and I ran through the game in about 2 hours, some really good challenging ones though, and unfortunately some that are challenging due to poor controls. Also has some nice armchair philosophy thrown in which I always appreciate.

Telltale Game of Thrones: I really enjoyed playing through this over the last few days but after reading through some of the criticisms I find myself agreeing with a lot of them. I had wondered how they were going to incorporate all the characters and locations into the game and thought the main character spending an episode in each location would be a bit far fetched but following the TV show formula of switching between scenes and family members worked really well. The only downside is that having the Telltale formula happening four or five times per episode really highlights how.....formulaic their games are.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments: I enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes/Jack The Ripper game and this is a big step up in both graphics and gameplay. You play as Holmes across 6 cases and have to use your detective skills to find your man. Only complaint is that you are led by the hand a bit too much and it makes the cases fairly straightforward.

Adding

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition: First time playing this since my original play through on the 360 and as good as I remember. Remaster was a bit dark though, and hard to make out what was going on in places. Raam is still a b*stard to beat too.

Dark Souls 3 (PS4)
    Bloodborne (PS4)
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)
    Abzu (PS4)
    Firewatch (PS4)

Adding:

Gone Home (PS4)

This was one of those experiences that forces me to ask myself why I spend so much time doing fetch-quests in games like Borderlands, or getting slaughtered online in Battlefield 4. I'm gonna have to start being really honest with myself about what I want from games as a 31 year old. Gone Home has me reflecting on my childhood, my parent's divorce and my father's failures. Magnificent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Platinum'd Dust: An Elysian Tail just before No Mans Sky came out. Amazing little gem of a game, and to think it was made by one person is a true testament to his dedication. Can't believe I've had it for over a year and never played it. I also managed to get the Plat on Table Top Racing. Also finished the new Ratchet and Clank, another fantastic addition to it. Watched the movie last night, and it was basically the cut scenes from the game but extended. Looked the exact same save for shadows.

But now No Mans Sky is out, so that's the end of pretty much anything else for a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Not much of a gamer but got a PS4 for Christmas. Didn't warm to Fallout 4 which was bundled with it. Picked up the Nathan Drake collection as well as A Thief's End. Unbelievable games. Just so much fun. Felt like a big happy kid playing them.

Not much of a gamer but got a PS4 for Christmas. Didn't warm to Fallout 4 which was bundled with it. Picked up the Nathan Drake collection as well as A Thief's End. Unbelievable games. Just so much fun. Felt like a big happy kid playing them.

Have you played The Last of Us yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Earlier this year:
    Fallout 4
    Destiny campaign (still playing end game at the moment)

Adding:
    Batman Arkham Knight - a welcome move back to the solid gameplay I loved in Arkham City. Good story (only a so-so conclusion), and great fun to play overall. The amount of gadgets batman uses is a bit ridiculous, but that doesn't take away from the game. There was a noticeable absence of any major boss fights; I'll always remember having a difficult time beating Mr. Freeze in AC. 8/10

Uncharted 4 - Enjoyed this one. I'm not the biggest fan of the series, they're fun but too easy to play through. Textbook stuff from Naughty Dog and anyone who played the previous games will know what to expect. I felt the game was half cinematic, half gameplay - which I don't like. The detail in the scenery was boarder-line ridiculous at times! 7/10

Broforce - Got this on PS plus (I think). A fun little game to spend a half hour playing here and there. Great range of characters. Think Metal Slug lite played with every action movie character you can think of. 7/10

The Division - This one has been discussed to oblivion. Visually beautiful, but the gameplay isn't great. I finished the single-player and scraped the surface of the Dark Zone, but I couldn't find my feet while being continuously ganked by high level players. I'm tempted to step back in now that it has been patched and the expansion is out. 6/10

Firewatch - Visually a beautiful game. Short and very relaxed. I found the premise interesting initially, but I did grow tired of the experience. The pace was too slow for my liking. Lovely game, and it's very well presented. But not for everyone. 5/10

Hotline Miami - Returned to this after getting it on steam when it came out. Couldn't play it with a laptop trackpad. It's a superb top-down kill-em-all. The soundtrack fits perfectly with the retro 80s setting. The game has a simple premise - kill everyone you come across. It can be challenging at times because of its fast pace, so you will die a lot. 9/10

Currently playing:
    No Man's Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

Dying light - PS4
    Assassins creed unity - PS4
    Super Mario 3d World - Wii U
    Call of duty black ops 2 - Wii U
    Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes - PS4
    Call of duty black ops 3 -PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4
    Uncharted drakes fortune - PS4
    The order 1886 - PS4
    Doom 3 - Xbox 360
    Duke Nukem 3d - Ps vita
    Batman arkham origins - Xbox 360
    Uncharted 2 among thieves - PS4
    Uncharted 3 drakes deception - PS4
    Zombie army trilogy - PS4
    Smash Tv - Nes

Pro evolution soccer 2016 - PS4
    House of the dead overkill - Wii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Batman: Arhkam Knight (PS4)
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (NDC) (PS4)
    Saint Row IV Re-elected (Xbox One)
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (NDC) (PS4)
    Gone Home (PS4)
    Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (PS4)
    Bully AKA Canis Canem Edit (PS2 on PS4)
    Uncharted 3 (PS4)

Adding:

Quantum Break (Xbox One) - Good game, not sure if it's worth full price, I picked it up for less than €30, was worth that. Like the powers it gives you but it gives you too much too early, leaving nothing new for later in the game. The show intermingled among the game is a nice idea, I downloaded the content rather than stream it, 75GB! A lot of in-game content to find, emails etc. to flesh out the story. My biggest negative for the game is the final boss. What a pain. Did everything else on hard but had to drop down to normal for this, might try again some other time. Boss has a one ht kill attack which along with waves of other enemies can make things hectic. Overall a good game though and worth a purchase, just not at full price as it's short enough.

I'm continuing to play through Red Dead Redemption and will start Life is Strange this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ryse
    Valiant Hearts
    Rise of the tomb raider
    Inside
    Dying light (including DLC)
    The Fall

Adding 'The Swapper' A really cool indie puzzler with a very unique art style - think claymation or minature figures with stop motion. It has a great sci-fi story also. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Update time, new ones underlined.

PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: What a game; story wasn't amazing, but the side quests, the scope of the game, the visual beauty, it was a really special gaming experience.
    BattleBlock Theatre: Really fun platformer with a wicked sense of humour.
    Deadlight: Zombie platformer, fairly short and not particularly difficult but looked great. Story a bit dodgy.
    Saints Row The Third: My first Saints Row experience; crazy and irreverent take-off of GTA-type games.
    SteamWorld Dig: Fun platform mining adventure game; I couldn't stop playing once I started!
    South Park The Stick of Truth: Many LOLs were had with this, just like being in a real episode.
    Joe Danger 2 The Movie: Very straightforward racing platformer, with some quite challenging levels.
    Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut: Loved it; isometric RPG with turn-based combat. Interesting storyline and given the lack of cut scenes and voice acting, didn't outstay it's welcome!

Wii U

Guitar Hero Live: Cool twist on an old favourite, and well executed to boot.

Android

TypeRider: Fun and educational platformer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Dying Light (PS4) - I really loved this game, it's full of memorable moments and playing it Co-op with my brother made it even more enjoyable. I'm excited about returning to it to play the remaining side quests. 9/10.

Until Dawn (PS4) - terrific and genuinely scary in places, the choice based mechanics work brilliantly, it's one of the most engrossing games I've played in a while. Sony would give Telltale a run for their money if they continue releasing 'butterfly effect' games as good as this one. Absolutely brilliant game. 9/10.

Life is Strange (Steam) - one of the most thought-provoking and unforgettable games I've ever played, the game deals with issues such as mental health, abandonment, friendship, disabilities, regret, the passage of time, it's incredibly deep but not in a pretentious way. Play it. NOW. 9/10.

Metal Slug (Steam) - Fun, action-packed side-scrolling run and gun game, short but sweet, a real button bashing treat. 7/10.

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut (Steam) - the classic 1996 point and click adventure game gets two hours of extra content and new animation in this director's cut. Fantastic game, immersive storyline and loveable characters make this a great piece of gaming history. 9/10.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC) - Classic LucasArts point and click adventure game, great story, terrific humour and brilliant use of the characters from the franchise. 9/10.

The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition (Steam) - updated version of the classic LucasArts point and click adventure, regarded by many to be the greatest game of the genre. The new interface is tedious at times but the voice acting and new animation make it a treat. All in all it deserves the high praise it receives. 7.5/10.

The Charnel House Trilogy (Steam) -
    When I finished The Secret of Monkey Island last night I decided to give this indie point and click adventure a go, finishing it in just under two hours. It's an unsettling mystery/horror tale with a plot that is open to interpretation, so it's hard to describe without spoiling it. It's available on Steam, so if you see it for sale I'd recommend picking it up as it's an interesting game to play through in one sitting. A sequel is in the works too which will expand on the ambiguous story. 6/10.

Uncharted 2 (PS4) - It lived up to the hype. Such an improvement on the already excellent original, it had great characters, brilliant set pieces and a lot of action. The cover system became frustrating at times, particularly towards the end, as a lot of the time Nate takes cover behind the wrong wall in combat (something that seems to be an issue with the entire series), but this is overshadowed by how brilliant the game is overall. A terrific gaming experience. 9/10.

Saints Row The Third (Xbox 360) - This game is just completely insane. Arguably the most entertaining sandbox game I've ever played, it is hilarious in so many ways. The weapons, the characters, the set pieces, everything is off the wall. It doesn't take itself too seriously, which is why it works so well. This game is a blast. 8.5/10.

Sam and Max Hit the Road (PC) - After finishing The Secret of Monkey Island a few weeks ago I decided to dive into Sam and Max Hit the Road, and I had no idea what lay in store. Witty, charming, clever, inventive and downright hilarious are just some of the words I can use to describe this comedy masterpiece. In fact it's arguably the funniest game ever made. I laughed out loud more times than I can remember.

The characters are memorable and loveable, the locations are brilliantly inventive (poking fun at the 'tourist trap', The World's Largest Ball of Twine for instance) the dialogue is snappy and the animations are beautiful.

I had a lot more fun with this than I did with Monkey Island, yet Monkey Island gets most of the high praise. One issue that I did have was in relation to some of the puzzles which, particularly in the final part, became difficult for my tiny brain. That's my fault however, not the game's. The game is close to perfect. 9.5/10

The Last Door Season One (PC) - a truly chilling point-n-click adventure game that's currently on sale over at gog.com for the same price as a cup of coffee! You owe it to yourself to get this game, the story is very creepy, there are plenty of genuinely unnerving jump scares and the soundtrack is spine-tingling! 8.5/10.

Zombie Army Trilogy (PS4) - had a lot of fun playing this co-op with my brother, very intense and difficult but extremely rewarding to finish. Popping headshots in slo-mo never got boring, and the amount of edge-of-your-seat moments made for an exciting experience. Love this game! 9/10.

Smash TV (NES) - absolutely crazy twin stick shooter, one of the original and best! Great fun! 9/10.

Her Story (Steam) - winner of numerous game of the year awards, Her Story is making huge waves on the indie scene and it's no surprise. A terrific if short gaming experience, it's very engrossing and original. 8.5/10.

South Park The Stick of Truth (Xbox 360) -
    This is, without a doubt, one of the funniest games I have ever played. I laughed the whole way through. It plays with the tropes of RPGs in such a clever way, and the gameplay is so much fun. Not for the easily offended, it is an incredibly fun game though! Loved it! 9/10.

Adding:

House of the Dead Overkill (Wii) - fantastic over-the-top rail shooter, full of laughs and a lot of fun to play. Great fun playing it Co-op, it has hilarious voice-acting and the boss designs are excellent. 8.5/10.

Blackwell Unbound (Steam) - the second game in the Blackwell series is even better than the original, filled with depth and intrigue. Fantastic animation and voice-acting along with a great plot make this a must-play game if you love point-n-click graphic adventures. 8.5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finished a Good Karma playthrough of Infamous Second Son, including 100% of all side missions. Now to play as Evil.
    I liked the game. Could be repetitive in parts and very shooting gallery-ish, though

House of the Dead Overkill (Wii) - fantastic over-the-top rail shooter, full of laughs and a lot of fun to play. Great fun playing it Co-op, it has hilarious voice-acting and the boss designs are excellent. 8.5/10.

I'd be interested to know how you controlled this.
    I know there is a gun attachment for the Wii but I never used it.
    Would love to get a hold of one and play this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

PS3:
    Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den
    Battlefied 3
    Medal of Honour: Warfighter
    Crysis 2
    Splinter Cell Blacklist
    Bioshock: Burial at Sea
    Heavy Rain
    Beyond: Two Souls
    Resident Evil 5
    Resident Evil 6
    Hydrophobia Prophecy
    Papo & Yo

ADDING:

Deadpool Grand for what it is. Tries to pretend it's being subversive with its fourth wall shenanigans but it ain't at all. Very bog standard gameplay with a really annoying final boss. Had to give up on it and go back a couple of weeks later to it or I would have thrown the controller through the telly.

Red Dead Redemption Considering it is so universally loved, I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed by it. Everything is fantastically done in it and the story is great, it just didn't grab me the way I thought it would. Still, I put a lot of hours into it so I did enjoy it.

PS Vita:
    Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

ADDING:

Silent Hill: The story is as ropy as fúck, the controls are a pain in the arse and the graphics look terrible by modern standards but the game is still as brilliant as when I played it all those years ago on the PS1. Absolute quality.

Volume: I picked this up in the summer sale a week or two ago and got around to playing it on Thursday and finished it off on Sunday. Really addictive game that is challenging without being impossibly difficult. Loved it. One of my favorite games of the year, although in a year where I played Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 6 and am currently playing MSG4, that wouldn't be that hard.

Android:
    Monument Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know how you controlled this.
    I know there is a gun attachment for the Wii but I never used it.
    Would love to get a hold of one and play this.

Don't need the gun attachment. It just gives you the feel, but it isn't a requirement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Knocking F.E.A.R. 3 off the backlog finally (it's been there since the Humble WB Bundle in November 2013 :eek:). It took me three years to get through the series. I think the first one was OK, but the DLC and sequels weren't great at all. I don't know why I keep playing through unenjoyable experiences.

The save system for the third one was a bit of a mess. Autosaves only. Near the end of the second to last level I was being swarmed by enemies. I died while shooting and somehow managed to click "restart level" rather than "restart checkpoint". Couldn't bring myself to slog through it again, so I watched the last 20 minutes on Youtube and called it.

Saw the credits roll on Super Mario World yesterday too. I was playing with the emulator on the Vita. It seems to work well, though games are slightly faster than I remember (music, timers, etc.). Probably the difference between PAL and NTSC, or maybe the emulator is a little screwy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

One more to add, underlined.

PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: What a game; story wasn't amazing, but the side quests, the scope of the game, the visual beauty, it was a really special gaming experience.
    BattleBlock Theatre: Really fun platformer with a wicked sense of humour.
    Deadlight: Zombie platformer, fairly short and not particularly difficult but looked great. Story a bit dodgy.
    Saints Row The Third: My first Saints Row experience; crazy and irreverent take-off of GTA-type games.
    SteamWorld Dig: Fun platform mining adventure game; I couldn't stop playing once I started!
    South Park The Stick of Truth: Many LOLs were had with this, just like being in a real episode.
    Joe Danger 2 The Movie: Very straightforward racing platformer, with some quite challenging levels.
    Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut: Loved it; isometric RPG with turn-based combat.

Wii U

Guitar Hero Live: Cool twist on an old favourite, and well executed to boot.
    Splatoon: Finally finished the single player campaign after putting in a good few hours over the weekend; that last boss fight was tough! Enjoyed it but not sure I'll play that much into the future, though the MP scene seems quite lively.

Android

TypeRider: Fun and educational platformer.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

Dying light - PS4
    Assassins creed unity - PS4
    Super Mario 3d World - Wii U
    Call of duty black ops 2 - Wii U
    Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes - PS4
    Call of duty black ops 3 -PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4
    Uncharted drakes fortune - PS4
    The order 1886 - PS4
    Doom 3 - Xbox 360
    Duke Nukem 3d - Ps vita
    Batman arkham origins - Xbox 360
    Uncharted 2 among thieves - PS4
    Uncharted 3 drakes deception - PS4
    Zombie army trilogy - PS4
    Smash Tv - Nes
    Pro evolution soccer 2016 - PS4
    House of the dead overkill - Wii

Fifa 16 - PS4
    Doom - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Firewatch
    Trials of the Blood Dragon
    Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
    Warriors Orochi 3
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Xbox One
    Fallout 4
    Fallout 4: Automatron DLC
    Inside

Xbox 360
    The Revenge of Shinobi (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Streets of Rage (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Streets of Rage 2 (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Streets of Rage 3 (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Golden Axe (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Golden Axe 2 (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Golden Axe 3 (SEGA Vintage Collection)

PC
    Final Fantasy IX

SEGA Mega Drive
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles

ADDING:

Flashback (SEGA Mega Drive)

After 22 years, and playing it constantly over and over with never having one intention of completing the game, I finally did it. My favourite game on the system for over 2 decades and I only finished it today.
    Amazing underappreciated classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Earlier this year...

Wolfenstein (other than a few stupid, pointless fetch missions a great game)
    Resident evil 5 (coop perfection)

Started Resident evil 6 but it was soooooo bad I had to give up within a few hours of playing it. That game is just terrible.

More recently...

I just finished Persona 4 Golden and yeah the fuss about this game is spot on.

Great story, with very memorable,relatable characters interspersed with enjoyable dungeons.

I cant recommend this one enough for anyone like me late to the party and the vita is the perfect system for it.

I'm not even a huge rpg fan but this one is like the Mario of platformers.
    oh my god that ending. I nearly ****ing cried.

Advertisement