Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? 2016 Edition

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Dying light - PS4
    Assassins creed unity - PS4
    Super Mario 3d World - Wii U
    Call of duty black ops 2 - Wii U
    Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes - PS4
    Call of duty black ops 3 -PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4
    Uncharted drakes fortune - PS4
    The order 1886 - PS4
    Doom 3 - Xbox 360
    Duke Nukem 3d - Ps vita
    Batman arkham origins - Xbox 360
    Uncharted 2 among thieves - PS4
    Uncharted 3 drakes deception - PS4
    Zombie army trilogy - PS4
    Smash Tv - Nes
    Pro evolution soccer 2016 - PS4
    House of the dead overkill - Wii
    Fifa 16 - PS4
    Doom - PS4
    Uncharted 4 - PS4
    The Evil Within - PS4
    Resident Evil 1 HD - PS4
    Tom Clancy's The Division - PS4
    Until Dawn - PS4

Battlefield 1 - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Firewatch
    Trials of the Blood Dragon
    Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
    Warriors Orochi 3
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    Final Fantasy XV

Xbox One
    Fallout 4
    Fallout 4: Automatron DLC
    Inside

Xbox 360
    The Revenge of Shinobi (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Streets of Rage (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Streets of Rage 2 (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Streets of Rage 3 (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Golden Axe (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Golden Axe 2 (SEGA Vintage Collection)
    Golden Axe 3 (SEGA Vintage Collection)

PC
    Final Fantasy IX

SEGA Mega Drive
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    Flashback

Adding: The Last Guardian (PS4)

Probably the only game I've played that has made me genuinely worry about a character's well-being, in this case, Trico.

Technically, it's a bit of a mess, but I'm not as easily put away by things like that, so the infamous fps-drops and hokey camera controls were only little nitpicks for me - I was well able to ignore them and move on. And if you're able to do that, you'll realize how good this game is from a narrative standpoint. The scenery is gorgeous, and was just utter screenshot fodder for me (especially since there is no HUD during play). There were a few times where I had to wrestle with the aforementioned camera, and sometimes it defeated me and I ended up missing a platform or two, but thankfully it has a very generous checkpoint system and there was little-to-no occasions where it frustrated me to the point of giving up and trying later. I played it through from start to finish and it was a very satisfying game. Story-wise it's just so...lovely. It's a game that will give you plenty of smiles and a few cases of sadness and worry.
    If you finish it, make sure you wait until after the end credits, as the true ending is shown.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished my first and only game of 2016 yesterday.

Telltales Game of Thrones

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I've started loads and finished none.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Last update of the year for me, probably! One to add, underlined.

PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: What a game; story wasn't amazing, but the side quests, the scope of the game, the visual beauty, it was a really special gaming experience.
    BattleBlock Theatre: Really fun platformer with a wicked sense of humour.
    Deadlight: Zombie platformer, fairly short and not particularly difficult but looked great. Story a bit dodgy.
    Saints Row The Third: My first Saints Row experience; crazy and irreverent take-off of GTA-type games.
    SteamWorld Dig: Fun platform mining adventure game; I couldn't stop playing once I started!
    South Park The Stick of Truth: Many LOLs were had with this, just like being in a real episode.
    Joe Danger 2 The Movie: Very straightforward racing platformer, with some quite challenging levels.
    Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut: Loved it; isometric RPG with turn-based combat.
    Mad Max: Really polished sandbox 'Batman-combat' game; story was a bit meh but so was the recent movie and both game and movie still rocked!
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger: On rails old west shooter; fairly good what was it was, nothing special though.
    Trine 3: Platformer, completed in local co-op with my wife. Nice visuals but the latest game moving to 3D was a misstep I think; not as strong as the previous games.
    Child of Light: Beautiful art style, enjoyable narrative, good game IMHO.
    The Swapper: Interesting puzzler, quite short.
    Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin: Finished the main campaign, was burned out after 65 hours. Enjoyed it but it's a different type of gaming than that I usually prefer, the challenge can be a bit OTT!
    Thief: Fairly mediocre, but enjoyable enough in its own way. Liked how the developers tried to recreate the Shalebridge Cradle vibe from Deadly Shadows in the asylum level!

Wii U

Guitar Hero Live: Cool twist on an old favourite, and well executed to boot.
    Splatoon: Finally finished the single player campaign after putting in a good few hours over the weekend; that last boss fight was tough! Enjoyed it but not sure I'll play that much into the future, though the MP scene seems quite lively.

Android

TypeRider: Fun and educational platformer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Twilight Princess HD - Played and finished on the Wii when it first came out. Long enough ago to know that there was stuff I needed but didn't remember when or how to get it. I liked the game and looking forward to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
    Grand Kingdom
    Nights Of Azure
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
    Dark Souls 3
    Divinity Original Sin
    Bravely Second
    Fire Emblem Fates
    I Am Setsuna
    Doom
    Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Inside
    Grim Dawn
    Abzu
    Stardew Valley
    Starbound
    Salt And Sanctuary
    Hyper Light Drifter
    Oxenfree
    Darkest Dungeon
    Firewatch
    Nuclear Throne
    Banner Saga 2

Final Fantasy XV
    Steins;Gate 0
    The Last Guardian
    Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
    √Letter
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE
    Pokemon Moon
    Let It Die ( hopefully by the end of the year )

Eden*
    Kentucky Route Zero Act IV
    Odallus: The Dark Call
    Sunless Sea
    Virginia
    Volgarr The Viking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ryse
    Valiant Hearts
    Rise of the tomb raider
    Dark Souls 2 : Scholar of the first Sin
    Inside
    Dying light (including DLC)
    The Fall
    The Swapper
    Gears of war 4
    Battlefield 4
    Titanfall 2

Adding probably my last for this year unless I manage to find time to beat Doom, but The Witcher 3, not much to say about this that hasn't already been said, its mandatory gaming for anyone who's even remotely interested in games. some of the set pieces are just jaw dropping, and the world they've created is immense in its attention to detail, and quests that have genuine ramifications depending on the choices you make.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Dying light - PS4
    Assassins creed unity - PS4
    Super Mario 3d World - Wii U
    Call of duty black ops 2 - Wii U
    Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes - PS4
    Call of duty black ops 3 -PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4
    Uncharted drakes fortune - PS4
    The order 1886 - PS4
    Doom 3 - Xbox 360
    Duke Nukem 3d - Ps vita
    Batman arkham origins - Xbox 360
    Uncharted 2 among thieves - PS4
    Uncharted 3 drakes deception - PS4
    Zombie army trilogy - PS4
    Smash Tv - Nes
    Pro evolution soccer 2016 - PS4
    House of the dead overkill - Wii
    Fifa 16 - PS4
    Doom - PS4
    Uncharted 4 - PS4
    The Evil Within - PS4
    Resident Evil 1 HD - PS4
    Tom Clancy's The Division - PS4
    Until Dawn - PS4
    Battlefield 1 - PS4

New Super Mario Bros - DS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Dying Light (PS4) - I really loved this game, it's full of memorable moments and playing it Co-op with my brother made it even more enjoyable. I'm excited about returning to it to play the remaining side quests. 9/10.

Until Dawn (PS4) - terrific and genuinely scary in places, the choice based mechanics work brilliantly, it's one of the most engrossing games I've played in a while. Sony would give Telltale a run for their money if they continue releasing 'butterfly effect' games as good as this one. Absolutely brilliant game. 9/10.

Life is Strange (Steam) - one of the most thought-provoking and unforgettable games I've ever played, the game deals with issues such as mental health, abandonment, friendship, disabilities, regret, the passage of time, it's incredibly deep but not in a pretentious way. Play it. NOW. 9/10.

Metal Slug (Steam) - Fun, action-packed side-scrolling run and gun game, short but sweet, a real button bashing treat. 7/10.

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut (Steam) - the classic 1996 point and click adventure game gets two hours of extra content and new animation in this director's cut. Fantastic game, immersive storyline and loveable characters make this a great piece of gaming history. 9/10.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC) - Classic LucasArts point and click adventure game, great story, terrific humour and brilliant use of the characters from the franchise. 9/10.

The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition (Steam) - updated version of the classic LucasArts point and click adventure, regarded by many to be the greatest game of the genre. The new interface is tedious at times but the voice acting and new animation make it a treat. All in all it deserves the high praise it receives. 7.5/10.

The Charnel House Trilogy (Steam) -
    When I finished The Secret of Monkey Island last night I decided to give this indie point and click adventure a go, finishing it in just under two hours. It's an unsettling mystery/horror tale with a plot that is open to interpretation, so it's hard to describe without spoiling it. It's available on Steam, so if you see it for sale I'd recommend picking it up as it's an interesting game to play through in one sitting. A sequel is in the works too which will expand on the ambiguous story. 6/10.

Uncharted 2 (PS4) - It lived up to the hype. Such an improvement on the already excellent original, it had great characters, brilliant set pieces and a lot of action. The cover system became frustrating at times, particularly towards the end, as a lot of the time Nate takes cover behind the wrong wall in combat (something that seems to be an issue with the entire series), but this is overshadowed by how brilliant the game is overall. A terrific gaming experience. 9/10.

Saints Row The Third (Xbox 360) - This game is just completely insane. Arguably the most entertaining sandbox game I've ever played, it is hilarious in so many ways. The weapons, the characters, the set pieces, everything is off the wall. It doesn't take itself too seriously, which is why it works so well. This game is a blast. 8.5/10.

Sam and Max Hit the Road (PC) - After finishing The Secret of Monkey Island a few weeks ago I decided to dive into Sam and Max Hit the Road, and I had no idea what lay in store. Witty, charming, clever, inventive and downright hilarious are just some of the words I can use to describe this comedy masterpiece. In fact it's arguably the funniest game ever made. I laughed out loud more times than I can remember.

The characters are memorable and loveable, the locations are brilliantly inventive (poking fun at the 'tourist trap', The World's Largest Ball of Twine for instance) the dialogue is snappy and the animations are beautiful.

I had a lot more fun with this than I did with Monkey Island, yet Monkey Island gets most of the high praise. One issue that I did have was in relation to some of the puzzles which, particularly in the final part, became difficult for my tiny brain. That's my fault however, not the game's. The game is close to perfect. 9.5/10

The Last Door Season One (PC) - a truly chilling point-n-click adventure game that's currently on sale over at gog.com for the same price as a cup of coffee! You owe it to yourself to get this game, the story is very creepy, there are plenty of genuinely unnerving jump scares and the soundtrack is spine-tingling! 8.5/10.

Zombie Army Trilogy (PS4) - had a lot of fun playing this co-op with my brother, very intense and difficult but extremely rewarding to finish. Popping headshots in slo-mo never got boring, and the amount of edge-of-your-seat moments made for an exciting experience. Love this game! 9/10.

Smash TV (NES) - absolutely crazy twin stick shooter, one of the original and best! Great fun! 9/10.

Her Story (Steam) - winner of numerous game of the year awards, Her Story is making huge waves on the indie scene and it's no surprise. A terrific if short gaming experience, it's very engrossing and original. 8.5/10.

South Park The Stick of Truth (Xbox 360) -
    This is, without a doubt, one of the funniest games I have ever played. I laughed the whole way through. It plays with the tropes of RPGs in such a clever way, and the gameplay is so much fun. Not for the easily offended, it is an incredibly fun game though! Loved it! 9/10.

House of the Dead Overkill (Wii) - fantastic over-the-top rail shooter, full of laughs and a lot of fun to play. Great fun playing it Co-op, it has hilarious voice-acting and the boss designs are excellent. 8.5/10.

Blackwell Unbound (Steam) - the second game in the Blackwell series is even better than the original, filled with depth and intrigue. Fantastic animation and voice-acting along with a great plot make this a must-play game if you love point-n-click graphic adventures. 8.5/10.

Journey (PS4) - It lives up to the hype! Breathtakingly beautiful to look at, my jaw dropped a few times at the visual aspect of the game. The soundtrack is brilliant too. The gameplay is calming and really inventive, this game deserves all the praise it gets. 9/10.

Sleeping Dogs (PS4) - it's a fantastic game filled with brilliant set-pieces and really fun gameplay. The melee fighting scheme works really well and the driving controls feel great. The action doesn't let up, and the storyline is excellent and made even more effective by a fantastic cast. The main storyline is a little short (around 10 hours) but there are plenty of side missions and collectibles to keep you busy. The game's soundtrack is very limited also, when compared to the likes of GTA. These are small complaints though, overall the game is a great one. 8/10.

Adding:

Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4) - A game that received a lot of hate from critics, I really loved this game. It's perfect as an online co-op game, and the difficulty level keeps things exciting. A deep RPG element makes it even more engrossing, and the NYC design is incredible. 8.5/10.

New Super Mario Bros Wii U (Wii U) - great graphics, terrific level design and a surprisingly high difficulty level made this one of the most addictive Mario games ever. Loved it. 8/10.

Bioshock (remastered on PS4) - Late to the party, but worth the wait. An amazing experience, it's no wonder this game is regarded as one of the modern greats. I loved the mixture of guns and plasmids, and the Big Daddies are just awesome. 9.5/10.

• Advertisement

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d. Was risky playing it on something that could be thrown. So much death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MURAMASA REBIRTH -vita
    Ac syndicate -ps4
    Gravity rush -ps4
    Odins sphere- vita

Mafia 3 - ps4

Watch dogs - ps4 - really enjoyed thos contender for game of the game for me

Adding Skyrim too the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I managed to finish two games this year.

Sunset Overdrive and Ori and the Blind Forest.

I've done a list of all my games, not including 360 games, I still need to play and I'll be tackling those over the next 12 months and hopefully not buying to many more games in the meantime.

However I am going to pick up Firewatch after all the positive chat here about it and get through that over the next few days.

Something else I definitely want to get is Inside. Also saw Saints Row and Metro Bundle for €11 so might have to pick that up to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gears of war 4 and Watchdogs 2 added to the list.

2 more and I can buy a game from the steam sale (self inflicted rule),

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Child of Light
    The Silent Age
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Undertale
    Enslaved:Odyssey to the West
    Dream
    MGSV: Phantom Pain
    The Cave
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger.
    Stardew Valley
    Viscera Cleanup Detail
    The Fall
    Deus Ex HR Directors Cut
    Dreamfall The Longest Journey
    Toki Tori 2.
    The Swapper
    Her Story.
    Bulletstorm
    Dreamfall Chapters.
    Trine
    Firewatch
    Bulb Boy.
    Fran Bow
    Sam and Max Season 3
    Shadowrun Dragonfall
    Assassins Creed 2
    Oceanhorn
    Shelter 2
    Machinarium
    Read Only Memories
    Worms Crazy Golf
    Oxenfree
    Hitman Absolution
    The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
    Battlefield 1.
    Anodyne
    Styx.

Probably my last couple of games for this year. Rogue Legacy and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

Started Rogue Legacy a couple of years ago and played it periodically sense than. Finally made it to the end which felt quite satisfying. It's a great game though and I love it.

Wolfenstein The Old Blood is great. Not as good as the New Order in my opinion but still well worth it.

Ryse
    Valiant Hearts
    Rise of the tomb raider
    Inside
    The Fall
    The Swapper
    Gears of war 4
    Battlefield 4
    Titanfall 2
    The witcher 3

I didn't think I'd get another one in, but managed to power through Doom.

What a great game, it's almost puzzle like in how humour have to approach each set of encounters, choosing how to juggle weapons with glory kills / chainsaw attacks to best achieve success. Once you 'get' it, and realise that standing still is death, attacking is life, it's like the ultimate in power trips.

The story is surprisingly coherent too, and there's lots of nice touches in the codex.

Also check out the documentary by Danny o dwyer on YouTube. There some great behind the scenes discussion on the design process of the gameplay.

woah, didnt think I'd be back here again so soon, but a few hours to myself brings my tally as follows

Ryse
    Valiant Hearts
    Rise of the tomb raider
    Inside
    The Fall
    The Swapper
    Gears of war 4
    Battlefield 4
    Titanfall 2
    The witcher 3
    Doom

and a trip to the cinema for my mrs and the kids gave me a chance to fire up Superhot and see what thats all about. I ended up playing through the whole thing in one sitting (about 3 hours) I paid 13 euros for this, but I still feel I got my moneys worth, its more like a puzzle game than a shooter, yet you still end up pulling off feats of action that wouldn't be out of place in a hong kong action or matrix film. its not every game that you can uppercut a guy, steal his katana, impale another guy by throwing said katana, catch a shotgun out of the air, then blast 2 more fools that are joining the fray. And thats a somewhat tame encounter!

And another game done. Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call. Was pretty much what you exist from Layton and has now left me with the need to ask anyone who talks to me or asks me a question to solve a puzzle. That would be interesting when I go back to work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Had a busy year but this is what I got done

Firewatch (PS4)
    Walking Dead Season 1 & 2 (PS4)
    Three Fourths Home (PS4)
    Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4)
    Dying Light (PS4)
    Far Cry 4 (PS4)
    Battlefield Hardline (PS4)
    Thomas Was Alone (PS4)
    Spec Ops (PC)
    Limbo (PC)
    Metro Last Light & 2033 (PC)
    Titanfall 2 (PC)
    Battlefield 1 (PC)
    COD:MWR (PC)
    Mad Max (PS4)
    Tomb Raider: Def Edition (PS4)
    Game Of Thrones Season 1 (PS4)
    Tales from The Boarderlands (PS4)
    The Division (PS4)
    Gone Home (PS4)
    The Wolf Among Us (PS4)
    Doom (PS4)
    Saint Row Gat out of Hell (PS4)
    Diablo 3 (PS4)

Look at all the PS4 games I've finished and my steam library its clear I need to crack on with the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Procyon

Assassins creed: Rogue
    Good fun, very similar to AC Black flag but not quite as good.
    A lot of collectables, a lot!

The Witness
    Narrative & tutorials are just two of the extravagances you can forget about with this game! I enjoy puzzles, so I loved this game and the challenge. It probably will be my game of the year.

Adding:

Batman: Arkham Knight
    It took a while to get into but I really liked it. I liked the plot and thinks it's the best game of the series. While I found the batmobile a little annoying I think the devs realised that they had to do something to differentiate the game from the others in the series.

Dishonored
    Very good game with a bit of character and style.

Sleeping Dogs
    Excellent sand-box game with more melee fighting than shooting. One thing I really liked was that the setting was outside America for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Procyon

I completed two other games in 2016. I was certain I had already put them in this thread but obviously not:

The Talos Principle
    A philosophical puzzle game which explored some similar themes to "the witness". I preferred the witness which was more of a pure puzzler.

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
    Rubbish.

Advertisement