Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster vs Munster, Sat 2nd Jan 3pm, Sky Sports

Options

Comments

What's the score lads - would love to be watching this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

vienne86 wrote: »
    What did O'Leary do to get told off there?

Was being a scrumhalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

7-3. Munster should be pleased. Half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

.ak wrote: »
    The point is ulster didn't get an advantage from the knock on. It's something I agree with. I'd be much more annoyed if the opposition got an advantage that was missed, like a clear forward pass or sealing off at the ruck. The reality is a bobbling ball at the base of the ruck didn't give ulster an advantage.

Well the ball after hitting Pienaar was rolling towards Munster. If it doesn't hit Henry I think it is then there is every possibility it rolls to a Munster player or at least gives them a chance to gather it. So it does give Ulster an advantage

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

7-3 Ulster at half time. Very enjoyable game to watch so far.

Ah we have Ludic mic on the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

I'm now communion dress shopping :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    I'm now communion dress shopping :mad:

You need to put your foot down a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Do we (as Irish fans) need to worry about the absolute lack of tries scored in this interpro period. (maybe in the Irish discussion). You can blame Joe for how Ireland play, but the provinces are all the same when they're in tight cagey games.

Is it something to do with the officiating in the pro12? 39 all in London last week, and we used to scorn at how boring the AP was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Good defensive display from Munster, if Scannell had finished that chance it would be a different game. Ulster have mixed some very good play with sloppy mistakes. I find it hard to see Munster holding up in the 2nd half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Stheno wrote: »
    You need to put your foot down a bit more.

I did....nearly tore a fckin dress!!

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Well the ball after hitting Pienaar was rolling towards Munster. If it doesn't hit Henry I think it is then there is every possibility it rolls to a Munster player or at least gives them a chance to gather it. So it does give Ulster an advantage

Ah that's a lot of what ifs and possibilities. Like the ref missed it, it was a knock on, possibility a penalty for offside too, but ulster didn't really get an advantage from it. It was a bobbling ball at the base of a ruck. I wouldn't feel too aggrieved if that happened against my team.

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We need to step it up second half. Too sloppy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

errlloyd wrote: »
    Do we (as Irish fans) need to worry about the absolute lack of tries scored in this interpro period. (maybe in the Irish discussion). You can blame Joe for how Ireland play, but the provinces are all the same when they're in tight cagey games.

Is it something to do with the officiating in the pro12? 39 all in London last week, and we used to scorn at how boring the AP was.

The weather has been dire. A lot of handling errors and butchered chances are caused by blustery rainy conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Ah that's a lot of what ifs and possibilities. Like the ref missed it, it was a knock on, possibility a penalty for offside too, but ulster didn't really get an advantage from it. It was a bobbling ball at the base of a ruck. I wouldn't feel too aggrieved if that happened against my team.

I agree with the sentiment but you would have taken the call all the same!

Nah, the Christmas interpros as always ****e. Poor conditions, tight cagey affairs usual. No point in worrying over it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

You could look at it in a positive way, as in what great defence we have across the provinces which hopefully translates to the international team.
    In terms of winning matches it's not something to worry about. If you're only watching rugby to see lots of tries then it may be a worry.

It was 8-3 in Northampton Exeter last night in similar conditions. Saracens and Leicester struggling at the minute too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I don't get this logic. It should have been a Munster scrum/pen. If it was given then Ulster don't score their try. Of course that's an advantage to Ulster.

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It should never have been a try in fairness. Clear knock on.

I couldn't agree less. They committed an offence and got away with it. I'd be annoyed if that happened to Leinster. Just because they don't get an immediate advantage from it doesn't matter to me. The advantage was doing something illegal and getting away with it. It led to a try a few phases later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Did you not see how far O'Leary slid in the first-half? Running rugby is better suited to dry conditions, not Belfast in January.
    Teams want to build points before entertaining fans with lovely moves/offloads, etc.

What song is it that the Ulster fans keep singing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Rubbish! A knock-on is a knock-on.
    The Captain tried calling it to the ref's attention but was dismissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster fans should definitely be annoyed about the try. Fair enough the ref can miss it, but the ref and two ARs?

From a neutral perspective I think Ulster were worth a try in that period so I'm not hugely perturbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ludik wanted that lose ball on the deck much more than Amorosino who was far better placed to claim it. His contribution to Munster has been very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Did you not see how far O'Leary slid in the first-half? Running rugby is better suited to dry conditions, not Belfast in January.
    Teams want to build points before entertaining fans with lovely moves/offloads, etc.

O Leary was propelling himself, to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Rubbish! A knock-on is a knock-on.
    The Captain tried calling it to the ref's attention but was dismissed.

It was a very bad miss but the referee was right to dismiss Holland. What occurred several phases beforehand and was missed can't having any influence given the TMO protocols don't allow for it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Stheno wrote: »
    What song is it that the Ulster fans keep singing?

Stand Up For The Ulster Men?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Too many Ulster forwards jogging there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

nice work sherry

Advertisement