Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster vs Munster, Sat 2nd Jan 3pm, Sky Sports

Options
  • 31-12-2015 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Ulster team & replacements to face Munster, Guinness PRO12, Kingspan Stadium, Saturday 2nd January 2016 (kick off 3.00pm):
    (15-9): L Ludik, A Trimble, L Marshall, S McCloskey, R Scholes, P Jackson, R Pienaar;
    (1-8): K McCall, R Best (captain), W Herbst, L Stevenson, F van der Merwe, R Diack, C Henry, N Williams;

Replacements (16-23): R Herring, C Black, R Lutton, A O'Connor, R Wilson, P Marshall, I Humphreys, S Arnold.

Munster:
    Andrew Conway; Ronan O'Mahony, Francis Saili, Rory Scannell, Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino; Ian Keatley, Tomás O'Leary; Dave Kilcoyne, Mike Sherry, BJ Botha; Dave Foley, Mark Chisholm; Jack O'Donoghue, Tommy O'Donnell, CJ Stander Capt.

Replacements:
    Niall Scannell, John Ryan, Mario Sagario, Billy Holland, Robin Copeland, Duncan Williams, Tyler Bleyendaal, Denis Hurley.

Fourth place meets sixth as Munster travel to Belfast hoping to put an end to a losing streak which now stands at five games. Andrew Trimble makes his 200th appearance for Ulster as they look to continue a fine recent of form with four consecutive victories including back-to-back wins against Toulouse.

Given the showings of the last month, there should only be one winner here. Since Les Kiss has taken over as head coach Ulster have looked like a different team. Munster will do well to get a losing bonus point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Agreed Thomond, there is only 1 winner here, if Munster win then we will have another miracle match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Doom and gloom, bah humbug , and a happy new year to you too thomond!
    Think it'll be closer than that, really, really hope Keats has a good game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I've seen supposedly weaker Munster teams win at Ravenhill before so we will be taking nothing for granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Munster focusing on Europe by the looks of it.

Ulster by 10-15 I'd say.

Gertrude might have a say in things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Blackclaret

Only good thing that came out of Thomond last weekend, from a Munster point of view , they are well able to play s**** without Keatley so pressure of I would say, if Blyendal not fit what's he doing on bench, nine is becoming a very depressing number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Sometimes, in adversity, teams discover the way to the final pass or the best selection or simply the killer instinct that is missing, such as in Munster's sudden failure to capitalise on vast swathes of possession and territory. They will reverse this trend sometime and sooner rather than later during the season. The back row looks good and we all know that the b.r. is the fulcrum on which games are won and lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

jacothelad wrote: »
    They will reverse this trend sometime and sooner rather than later during the season.

Says who?

Seriously?

Ebbs and flows sure...but history ain't any guide to the future...on a current trajectory...we (munster) are on a sub-top-6 finish in the pro-12.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

For Munster season not to be over in January we need to win our next four games on the trot.

Each marathon is completed one step at the time. A win for Munster tomorrow will be a giant step for us, it's achievable but we need to cut out the errors.

G'wan Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

Munster have pulled off some amazing results over the years. But this time the gap is bigger than ever...Munster by a score so :-)

Dubal

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    For Munster season not to be over in January we need to win our next four games on the trot.

Each marathon is completed one step at the time. A win for Munster tomorrow will be a giant step for us, it's achievable but we need to cut out the errors.

G'wan Munster

A leap too far.....We're not playing tomorrow :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

So much for Ulster fielding a weakened side in one of the the Christmas games. Really looking forward to this one, I'm allowed out to the pub to watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Any Munster fans making the journey north?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Any chance this is on BBC NI too? Or exclusively Sky?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Just checked my sky menu and it's not listed for BBC NI

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Stheno wrote: »

Boo!

Thanks for checking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

ok, i'll just put it this way. Munster, go win the feckin game or I will be very very very annoyed. Ok, I've said what I needed to say. I expect the appropriate response or else I will be most unhappy. MOST UNHAPPY. And I get very unpredictable when unhappy :-) so I suggest you take this post in every seriousness.

Exclusive to Sky but TG4 will probably have a high package later tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Extended highlights are on TG4 at 10.20 tonight.

Wet miserable today. I don't about Munster but it definitely won't help Ulster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

bilston wrote: »
    Wet miserable today. I don't about Munster but it definitely won't help Ulster.
    Now feic off. Didn't ye beat the lads from the west in similar conditions. Mad rumour going around that your manager has ye based in Connemara so ye ye get to work in the worst of conditions. Could it be true that ulster are taking advantage of Connacht :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

flouncer wrote: »
    Now feic off. Didn't ye beat the lads from the west in similar conditions. Mad rumour going around that your manager has ye based in Connemara so ye ye get to work in the worst of conditions. Could it be true that ulster are taking advantage of Connacht :-)

Who do you think we are? Clancy? "Can you give me a reason not to award a try? I mean it's Leinster. I have to give them something".....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Stheno wrote: »
    Being advertised for BBC radio not TV unfortunetly.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ref is Gary Conway? Don't think I've heard of him before

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »

He's Laceys nephew. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

As a Leinster man it would be helpful to have Ulster pegged back a bit as they're looking decent of late. Let's go Munster.

awec wrote: »

He's an alright ref, has reffed Munster a few times (twice at least) we lost those games and could well lose another one with him as ref.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Conway and Foley out for Munster. Amorosino moves to fullback with VDH on the wing and Billy Holland starts with Shane Buckley added to the bench.
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/mobile/news/21801.php

Is this getting to be a "thing" with Munster? Naming players and they having to drop out an hour before game time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Weather doesn't look too awful there.

Advertisement