Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 - 1000 mile challenge

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

2992 km / 1859 miles
    Working my way back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

RayCun wrote: »
    2992 km / 1859 miles
    Working my way back

Pretty decent total, considering you seem to have been injured for much of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

1833 total for me.

Up from 1260 or so in 2015.

Gonna aim for the 2000 target now in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Finished the year with 1970 miles. Nearly 500 miles down on last year
    due to niggles/injuries and loss of focus.

Aiming to make amends in 2017.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

2109 after a decent start the second half has been stop start. Have decided to take 6-8 weeks off and try and get the niggles under control. So yeah all have a head start for 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

1915km / 1189 miles for me.

Considerably more than last year after two pretty successful marathon cycles and thankfully no major injury worries or niggles. I have eased off a lot since DCM to try and let all the creaks that I was ignoring knit themselves back together, so will hopefully be starting 2017 with plenty in the batteries!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

2757 for me, the first time since 2010 that I was under 3000 for the year.

I pulled the plug in October when it finally became undeniable that I was badly overtrained (overraced in actual fact). 4 week completely off and I haven't run longer than 6 miles since.

The good news is that the prolonged rest is finally showing some results and I'm feeling a lot better these days - despite fighting off an annoying head cold at the moment.

I won't set any targets for 2017 yet as setting targets is what got me into that state in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aybara

Aybara wrote: »
    78 miles to go, 23 days left. Does jogging up to the corner shop count?

So ended the year at 972 miles. Missed a couple of weeks training for DCM, didn't make it over 40 miles per week during the cycle due to injury. December was hit and miss with head cold and a little one getting everything going as well. Overall, pretty happy, think I'll go for 1000 next year but not planning a marathon as mileage doesn't suit me very well. Lower mileage and S&C work will hopefully allow me more consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Finished on 1465 for the year it seems. Up on the previous year but not as much as 2014 it seems.

Advertisement