Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 - 1000 mile challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭CR 7

Crossed over 2000 miles last night. I was disappointed the old watch doesn't play a fanfare or something. Very anticlimactic.:P

It's now my first time passing 2000 miles in a year. In fact, first time over 1000 miles. And I had a very slow start to the year, think I was up to about 150miles by the end of March, but then training for 3 marathons helped pad out the numbers a bit. Now, on to 3000 miles for next year.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Hit 3,000 miles on my run this morning in my local park. This was one of my goals for the year so I'm delighted to hit it with relative ease for the first time ever :D

Oh, and there's a song :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqGhQqRHZfI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

2000 miles as of this morning's 8 miler. woo, and indeed hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PeterParker100

Woohoo! That's 1000 up for me for the year with a sunny lunchtime run (who says it rains a lot in Dublin!).

I got close last year with 940m, but my running tailed off after DCM. No marathon this year (furthest was half marathon) , but my most consistent year and the first time reaching the 1000 mark in a calendar year. I also finally got under 45 mins for 10k (44:12) and under 22 for 5k (20:56).

Closing in on 2000 miles on the bike too from my daily commute, so happy all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Broke 1000 miles today during a very hot run in Lanzarote.

Cant believe I managed this, as the most I ever ran in a year was last year and that was 161 miles for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Aybara

78 miles to go, 23 days left. Does jogging up to the corner shop count?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Aybara wrote:

Everything counts in December

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

Aybara wrote: »

im slowly crawling to the finish line 40K to go. think of starting to count my walks to the photocopier in work to get me over the line :P

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Hit exactly 1000 miles today on my way into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Final crawled over the 2000 mark today. Been a pretty horrid 4 months on/off running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Hit 2000 miles today at the end on my long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Hit the 1000 miles this morning for the first time...great going for those of you hitting 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

1000 Miles crossed at 6AM this morning... Or 1609 Km and a bit on my Garmin. After a slow injury related start to 2016 I only started on Strava in May and that has me at 943 Miles so I have a new Strava 1000 Mile challenge for next 2 weeks.

Well done to all those reaching this milestone and Best of Luck for 2017! Got 1500 Miles minimum targeted for 2017.. Health permitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

I'm currently 140 miles short of 3000. Can I get the miles in before year end? It'll be close :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Looks like I'll be just shy of 5,500 km for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

Looks like I'll be just shy of 5,500 km for the year

You'll have to start again, it's supposed to be miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Whoop! First time crossing 2,000 miles this morning - into a tough head wind on Ballyogan Rd at the end of an easy 12 miler :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

and there we have it. somewhere during waterstown parkrun this morning I finally crawled over the 1,000 mile mark for the 1st time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Got over the 1,000 mile mark the other day.
    Didn't get going til August because of injuries and other disruptions.

Lately I was getting in 50 mile weeks. If I could do that for a year progess would come.

Once you have the base it gets easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Hit 3,000 km on Christmas Eve but will be around 100 miles short of the 2,000 mile target. Too much marathon recovery this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

I'm currently 140 miles short of 3000. Can I get the miles in before year end? It'll be close :)

Now down to 29 miles short of 3000. I might just get there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

Came up a bit short on last years miles, hit 1929 this year. Got an injury in June which had me out for 6 weeks but gave it a good go the last few months and thought I'd get over the 2000 at one stage but wasn't meant to be. Hope everyone has a great 2017...

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

1,707 mils in total for me this year. Previously I was around the 1,400 mark so happy with the progress. 2,000 miles for 2017 maybe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Now down to 29 miles short of 3000. I might just get there:)

Well, still running ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

kit3 wrote: »
    Well, still running ???

Was wondering the same :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Total of 1396 miles for the year.

Not great, but along the lines of what I've managed most years by the looks of things.
    2012 - 1398
    2013 - 1459
    2014 - 1876
    2015 - 1392

2015 was gave me my best marathon result so far, but that was clearly on the back of the previous years extra bit of mileage. Need to up my game again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Anyone waiting for the 2017 spreadsheet will have to hold on to until tomorrow. I'll try and get it sorted by the afternoon for you if I can get a moment in front of the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

1,123 miles in the end. Very happy with that and looking forward to beating it in 2017!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Had a look just now & around a 100 miles more than 2015 for me, might have a chance at the 3k barrier this time as have Comrades looming in June which kind of forces things for the first half of the year, we shall see!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

1409 for me. Exactly 100 fewer miles than last year, for some reason! I mainly blame the decrease on the three weeks I was sick with a cough in September/October.
    Happy new year, everyone!

Advertisement