Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 - 1000 mile challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Bit late to the 2016 party - hopefully can get a bit of consistency going & remain injury free.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 stephendowney

Only getting back training properly this week so a little behind on the mileage but thought I would join anyway.
    I should be back up to 25-30 miles a week from this week so hoping to break the 1000 this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Is it too late to join in? I've only racked up 15 km so far and I'm back on the road running.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Never too late to join Itzy, the more the merrier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thanks Ted. Just working out my distance ran since I started back. Not far off 50 mile at the moment. Long way to go, with another few miles tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Woah, livin' on a prayer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Solid start to the year, 500 on the clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Just over half that at the moment. Not really worrying about mileage so much now, though. That will change when Berlin training kicks in in June, and would like to hit 2,500 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Just added myself - better late than never. It has my expected 1000 mile completion date in Jan 2018 - haha! Hope to do a little better than that although realistically probably won't make it to 1000 by the end of 2016

Ever little helps Spaceylou. Mine is projected to be March or May of next year. Either way, I'm running and getting fit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I'm planning on hitting the 1600 km mark this year so I guess a 1000 mile challenge will do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The spreadsheet assumes you will continue at same level of running for entire year. If you are starting out now, you might be going out 2/3 times a week.

As you improve both frequency & distances will increase during the year & you will see your target date get closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

I've just entered my details. Alas I'm using a very old MacBook, that's running OS X 10.5.8 Leopard. As a result the highest versions of Safari and Chrome I have available are still ancient and so I get the "browser not supported" message. I don't think I did any harm to the spreadsheet, it seemed to save without any further warning messages.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Just hit 2017 for the projected 1000 mile completion date, it's fun watching it go down every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Well, rather coincidentally (as I only run the miles that my plan tells me to), I wrapped up the first 1k miles a day earlier than last year. Given that it's a leap year, I'm going to call it a draw!

380932.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Well, rather coincidentally (as I only run the miles that my plan tells me to), I wrapped up the first 1k miles a day earlier than last year. Given that it's a leap year, I'm going to call it a draw!

380932.png

Congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Strava tells me we are over the 1k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

BOOM! Tonight's run brings me to 1,000.
    6 weeks earlier than last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Aaaaaand ..... 1000! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

Hit 500 miles last night. Happy how the year is going so far I only got 830km last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Hadn't added up the mileage for two weeks but seems I hit the 1000 mark somewhere on the streets of Leipzig on April 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Hit the thousand mile mark this evening. 3 weeks earlier than last year so hopefully i can increase my yearly figure up to 2800 or thereabouts all going well.

Running streak of 9 months and change so looking good to hit the one year mark barring injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Damn near did a DNF in the Lakes of Killarney Marathon today @ Mile 23, glad I didnt now passed 1000 at mile 25 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Small fish here, started 6 weeks ago and passed 50 miles on my run yesterday it turns out, thinks there are 2 hopes of passing 1000 miles but will pop in and update from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Just past 800 for the year so far. The half, 30 mile and marathon x 2 in March/April really helped. :) I think I should get there by the end of June (12 hour ultra mid June!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

I passed 1000 miles for the year coming up to Collins Avenue on the Swords Road. Over 4 months sooner than last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Woohoo! I'm in the brown :-D

First time to achieve it in the first half of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭HibernianRunner

M

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

M

Very Latin! Reminds me of kids' TV shows having MCMLXXX** in their numerals. 'Hibernia' is what the Romans called the land of permanent winter (but you're obviously not hibernating). Will have to rename you mille Maximus or something on those lines.

Well done though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

We already have a Maximus

Advertisement