Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Connacht build up RDS Jan 1st tg4 17:00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

CatFromHue wrote:
    Leinster by my new BMI

Didn't realise you can have a negative bmi. Congrats on the loss :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Based on what I saw last week and the fact this is at the RDS I can't see past a 10 point minimum Leinster victory.

If I was a Connacht fan I would be nervous seeing Carty starting again at 10.

Aki Ringrose should be fun.

We're always nervous with Carty at 10! Sometimes he surprises us though... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

Two exciting team selections. Can't wait. Jack may be no sexton but these days he makes good use of the back line. So we will see running rather positional rugby from Connacht and I'm OK with that. The Leinster back line promises the same as sextons positional play has been poor to date this year. If Connacht kick their penalties there will be little in this game at the end. Weather permitting this will be some game.

Forecast is for a near gale from southeast, which will be blowing into the North Stand/Anglesea corner, could make kicking difficult, so we may see both teams kicking penalties for the corner a bit more. I'd be worried about our maul defence, it hasn't been great lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Zzippy wrote: »
    Forecast is for a near gale from southeast, which will be blowing into the North Stand/Anglesea corner, could make kicking difficult, so we may see both teams kicking penalties for the corner a bit more. I'd be worried about our maul defence, it hasn't been great lately.

Bleak here in Dublin right now. Wonder will they let North stand STH's into the South stand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Does anybody know if the game will be broadcast on the radio?

Edit: Looks like RTE Radio 1 has the match.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Bleak here in Dublin right now. Wonder will they let North stand STH's into the South stand!

Is it that bad?! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Is it that bad?! :(

its raining, its cold and there is a fair wind picking up in the last hour. It wouldnt be too bad if the wind died down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Dying to see this match but currently in deepest, darkest Africa - does anyone know is the TG4 player region blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭typhoony

jspuds wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the game will be broadcast on the radio?

Edit: Looks like RTE Radio 1 has the match.

Or you could listen to the completely biased lunatic that is rob Murphy on Galway bay fm

• Advertisement

Can't wait for this game, have multiple layers of blue to accommodate the weather. Leinster by 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

It's going to be a wet one folks. Dress for the occasion....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Dying to see this match but currently in deepest, darkest Africa - does anyone know is the TG4 player region blocked?

I know it wasn't not all thar long ago.

molloyjh wrote: »
    It's going to be a wet one folks. Dress for the occasion....

Got soaked already today. Don't think I can take another soaking in the north stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

vienne86 wrote: »
    Got soaked already today. Don't think I can take another soaking in the north stand.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

the rain might stop by kick off time

aimee1 wrote: »
    its raining, its cold and there is a fair wind picking up in the last hour. It wouldnt be too bad if the wind died down

Like the Sportsground so. It'll feel like a home game! :D

Is there somewhere to get coffee near the north stand? It's not for putting whiskey in, honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Marmion put in a massive hit on one of the Ulster players the other day. Hope he has a go at Te'o this week :D

He put Robbie Diack on his ass. It was impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Will feel like a home game for Connacht with this weather.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I may have forgotten to print my ticket. Anywhere near the RDS that I could?

• Advertisement

Is there somewhere to get coffee near the north stand? It's not for putting whiskey in, honest!

Yep. There's a coffee counter close by. Coffee is OK too.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Add your reply here.

Get it emailed to your phone?

Or get someone to photo the bar code and send to you?

I'm assuming both would work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Lads what's the best hip flask filler?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

Get it emailed to your phone?

Or get someone to photo the bar code and send to you?

I'm assuming both would work

I have it on the phone now hope that'll do

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Lads what's the best hip flask filler?

I have yellow spot in mine... Currently enjoying a hot one while waiting for the dart 😉

Rain only started as I got into Dublin. Hope it will blow over

Rain only started as I got into Dublin. Hope it will blow over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I don't really have a problem with the rain. It's that wind that's blowing in and out. Could destroy the game if it's going down the pitch

Just saw this - I'm near my office on Baggot Street for another bit before heading to the game if your stuck just let me know through PM and I'll try and meet you, can print ticket there no hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I have yellow spot in mine... Currently enjoying a hot one while waiting for the dart 😉

Yellow spot!? Are you sure you're not a Leinster man with expensive taste like that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement