Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Connacht build up RDS Jan 1st tg4 17:00

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

connachta wrote: »
    Heenan was due in October, all the precautions have been taken, and I don't buy the argument "an interpro is less appropriate to reintroduce him than the next game, away to Scarlets".
    Rejoice guys, it's just a ****ing good news

No matter what match heenan starts it is always going to be a concern so I agree. The only issue I see is how rusty he is going to be after such a long layoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I know long term there won't be a Te'o/Anyone partnership but he's been one of Leinster's best players this season. Can't see the sense in not playing him if he's available. There will be plenty of time in training and preseason to get next season's centre pairings sorted and settled.

Yep. Leinster have a league to win, Teo can still make a huge contribution this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

Heenan getting injured or not being fully fit isn't my main concern as I have no doubt every precaution was taken after what happened last year. My concern would be match fitness and sharpness. Personally I would have started him from the bench.

Also I didn't say it because I think it goes without saying but I'm f***ing delighted to see him back on a team sheet.

Also McCartney being back is a big boost

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

b.gud wrote: »
    Heenan getting injured or not being fully fit isn't my main concern as I have no doubt every precaution was taken after what happened last year. My concern would be match fitness and sharpness. Personally I would have started him from the bench.

Also I didn't say it because I think it goes without saying but I'm f***ing delighted to see him back on a team sheet.

Also McCartney being back is a big boost

AFAIC Connacht misses a LH (Buckley) a 12 (Henshaw) and a big ball carrier (Roux). With those 3, I honnestly would have said we'd have had nothing to fear about anyone, including Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Great team! T'eo and Ringrose will be interesting.

• Advertisement

ssaye2 wrote: »
    LEINSTER:

15. Rob Kearney
    14. Fergus McFadden
    13. Garry Ringrose
    12. Ben Te'o
    11. Dave Kearney
    10. Johnny Sexton
    9. Luke McGrath
    1. Jack McGrath
    2. Richardt Strauss
    3. Marty Moore
    4. Devin Toner
    5. Mike McCarthy
    6. Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN
    7. Josh van der Flier
    8. Jordi Murphy

16. James Tracy
    17. Peter Dooley
    18. Michael Bent
    19. Ross Molony
    20. Sean O'Brien
    21. Eoin Reddan
    22. Ian Madigan
    23. Zane Kirchner

Y88sPTY.gif?noredirect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

AFAIC Connacht misses a LH (Buckley) a 12 (Henshaw) and a big ball carrier (Roux). With those 3, I honnestly would have said we'd have had nothing to fear about anyone, including Leinster
    AFAIC? :confused:

"As far as I know" with a typo for the "C".

Either that or its "anyone farming anywhere in Connacht?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

As far as I'm concerned....

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

As far as I'm concerned?

• Advertisement

hogandrew wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned?

Ha! That's a new one for me!

"As far as I know" with a typo for the "C".

Either that or its "anyone farming anywhere in Connacht?"
    I thought it was something new I'd never heard before. :o

It's hard to make a typo between C and K, they're a fair bit apart on the keyboard.

It's all so confusing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

11 changes from a big win in Thomond and I'm still expecting another victory here. Sure it's just like the good old days again.

Urban dictionary says it's As Far As I Can.

So it's already taken. Please rephrase Connachta and don't do it again :pac:

Urban dictionary says it's As Far As I Can.

So it's already taken. Please rephrase Connachta and don't do it again :pac:

Initialism

AFAIC
    1. (chiefly Internet slang) As far as I can
    2. (chiefly Internet slang) As far as I'm concerned

Here you are;) I officialy can and will do it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Based on what I saw last week and the fact this is at the RDS I can't see past a 10 point minimum Leinster victory.

If I was a Connacht fan I would be nervous seeing Carty starting again at 10.

Aki Ringrose should be fun.

I think Murphy v Masterson will be an interesting battle.

Masterson has been playing really good rugby since breaking into the senior team. He's a guy who has a really great professional attitude and is really driven. He's a guy who would be very deserving of a cap and I really expect him to get the better of Jordi tomorrow

I think Murphy v Masterson will be an interesting battle.

Masterson has been playing really good rugby since breaking into the senior team. He's a guy who has a really great professional attitude and is really driven. He's a guy who would be very deserving of a cap and I really expect him to get the better of Jordi tomorrow

I was about to say the same

Connacht team is vastly experienced, and you can include Marmion and TOH, lots of caps despite their youth.
    AFAIC :D, the 3 question marks for the Westerners are :
    Ronaldson facing Te'o
    Bealham facing Moore
    and Niyi facing D.Kearney

the rest is more of a toss-up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I was about to say the same

Connacht team is vastly experienced, and you can include Marmion and TOH, lots of caps despite their youth.
    AFAIC :D, the 3 question marks for the Westerners are :
    Ronaldson facing Te'o
    Bealham facing Moore
    and Niyi facing D.Kearney

the rest is more of a toss-up.

Carty vs Sexton.... ? Not much of a toss up...... Hhhmmmmm.....

Carty vs Sexton? Not much of a toss up

Indeed forgot about that one. My consciousness didin't want to see it..Ask Freud:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Indeed forgot about that one. My consciousness didin't want to see it..Ask Freud:P

depends if its sexton away to toulon or home to toulon. :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

aimee1 wrote: »
    depends if its sexton away to toulon or home to toulon. :confused:

It's still Carty either way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Panda Moanium

Looking forward to the two No. 20s coming off the bench at the same time..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Marmion put in a massive hit on one of the Ulster players the other day. Hope he has a go at Te'o this week :D

Looking forward to the two No. 20s coming off the bench at the same time..

Wasted opportunity if they don't

Wasted opportunity if they don't

I just hope one puts in a tackle on the other at some stage, bonus points if the tackle results in a penalty

"Ball is passed on to Sean O’Brien who tries to get a bit of forward momentum but is stopped in his tracks by Sean O’Brien, but the ref blows up a penalty against O’Brien "

I just hope one puts in a tackle on the other at some stage, bonus points if the tackle results in a penalty

"Ball is passed on to Sean O’Brien who tries to get a bit of forward momentum but is stopped in his tracks by Sean O’Brien, but the ref blows up a penalty against O’Brien "

A lineout contest would be a mess too...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Marmion put in a massive hit on one of the Ulster players the other day. Hope he has a go at Te'o this week :D

On Robbie Diack

wp_rathead wrote: »

It's a beautiful thing you watch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Leinster by my new BMI :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement