Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Connacht build up RDS Jan 1st tg4 17:00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

errlloyd wrote: »
    Are they leaving teams a bit late for this? Game is in less than 48 hours :P
    Theyre not. If they name them tomorrow its not really an issue. Leinster name theirs at midday...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Theyre not. If they name them tomorrow its not really an issue. Leinster name theirs at midday...

Squad callups delaying team announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

It's fairly standard no? Midday Thursday for Friday evening k.o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Stheno wrote: »
    Squad callups delaying team announcement?
    What call ups would delay it? And midday Thursday for Friday game fairly standard....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

What call ups would delay it? And midday Thursday for Friday game fairly standard....

Absolutely. I'd like the annoucement sooner, because I might be out! But lunchtime the day before is normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

There's no delay in the team being named, for a Friday game it's always midday on the Thursday.

Big game for Leinster this. How do Connacht look in terms of their injuries now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

There's no delay in the team being named, for a Friday game it's always midday on the Thursday.

Big game for Leinster this. How do Connacht look in terms of their injuries now?

connacht still have a long-ish list. Frontliners too like Henshaw, Buckley and a few others. Think Leinster will name a strong team

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Luke McGrath back.

Te'o at 12 and Ringrose at 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

LEINSTER:

15. Rob Kearney
    14. Fergus McFadden
    13. Garry Ringrose
    12. Ben Te'o
    11. Dave Kearney
    10. Johnny Sexton
    9. Luke McGrath
    1. Jack McGrath
    2. Richardt Strauss
    3. Marty Moore
    4. Devin Toner
    5. Mike McCarthy
    6. Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN
    7. Josh van der Flier
    8. Jordi Murphy

16. James Tracy
    17. Peter Dooley
    18. Michael Bent
    19. Ross Molony
    20. Sean O'Brien
    21. Eoin Reddan
    22. Ian Madigan
    23. Zane Kirchner

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

15 Tiernan O’Halloran
    14 Niyi Adeolokun
    13 Bundee Aki
    12 Craig Ronaldson
    11 Matt Healy
    10 Jack Carty
    9 Kieran Marmion

1 Finlay Bealham
    2 Tom McCartney
    3 Nathan White
    4 Aly Muldowney
    5 Andrew Browne
    6 John Muldoon (captain)
    7 Jake Heenan
    8 Eoghan Masterson

Replacements:

16 Dave Heffernan
    17 Ronan Loughney
    18 Rodney Ah You
    19 Ultan Dillane
    20 Sean O’Brien
    21 Ian Porter
    22 AJ MacGinty
    23 Rory Parata

HOLY FUXK HEENAN!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Wow. Loving that Leinster team.

ssaye2 wrote: »
    LEINSTER:

15. Rob Kearney
    14. Fergus McFadden
    13. Garry Ringrose
    12. Ben Te'o
    11. Dave Kearney
    10. Johnny Sexton
    9. Luke McGrath
    1. Jack McGrath
    2. Richardt Strauss
    3. Marty Moore
    4. Devin Toner
    5. Mike McCarthy
    6. Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN
    7. Josh van der Flier
    8. Jordi Murphy

16. James Tracy
    17. Peter Dooley
    18. Michael Bent
    19. Ross Molony
    20. Sean O'Brien
    21. Eoin Reddan
    22. Ian Madigan
    23. Zane Kirchner

Thats a very strong lineup. Strong bench too.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Teo at 12 and Ringrose at 13 is a surprise to me. Really looking forward to seeing how that works out

hogandrew wrote: »
    Teo at 12 and Ringrose at 13 is a surprise to me. Really looking forward to seeing how that works out

Sexton - Teo - Ringrose. Huge potential to get Ringrose into space out wide there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

That's a very strong Leinster side
    Aki Vs Ringrose is gonna be fascinating

Great to see Tom back at hooker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

aimee1 wrote: »
    Sexton - Teo - Ringrose. Huge potential to get Ringrose into space out wide there.

Ye I did get the feeling last week that he could have had a bigger impact out wide if Sexton was playing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Like the look of that Leinster squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Lots of tasty match ups there. Marmion v mcgrath. Ronaldson/aki vs te'o/ringrose. White and Moore is a potential battle for a starting shirt if ross has a set back

But heenan back. All kinds of gravy for us

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Heenan back! Delighted to see him fit again, he's had a long road back.
    Strong team from Leinster, some change from when they would pick a mixed bag for the Connacht game and still be confident of a win. With our injuries I expect a good win for Leinster, hopefully we can keep it tight and pick up a LBP.
    Is Fitz injured? If I was a Leinster fan I'd rather see him and Ringrose together with Teo leaving, but as a Connacht fan I'm glad he's not playing after last year when he went very well. I'd be less worried about Teo than Fitz.

Zzippy wrote: »
    Is Fitz injured? If I was a Leinster fan I'd rather see him and Ringrose together with Teo leaving, but as a Connacht fan I'm glad he's not playing after last year when he went very well. I'd be less worried about Teo than Fitz.

Fitz rested I would guess, he has played a fair bit lately. Last 3 games were Toulon x 2 and Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Leinster by 6-8 I think. Weather may intervene

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Despite being a full-blown prawn-munching, cappucino-sipping, Henshaw-signing, gin-guzzling, sombrero-waxing Leinster fan, I am quite excited to see the return of Jake Heenan. Quality player, lets hope he's back to his best now because if he is he'll be a real option at international level.

Apart from that, delighted to see Messiah #1 and Messiah #2 in the team at 9 and 13. Good times, can't wait for this game.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Leinster by 6-8 I think. Weather may intervene

From met eireann website .....

After a frosty start to New Year's Day, cloud will soon increase and southeasterly winds will strengthen everywhere bringing rain and drizzle to coastal counties of the south and east during the morning. More persistent rain will develop in Munster before noon and will spread to the rest of the country in the afternoon and evening. The rain will be heaviest in south Munster and will add to the flood problems there. Feeling cold with afternoon temperatures of 5 to 10 degrees Celsius, coldest in the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭LostArt

Lovely Leinster team, really looking forward to this game now especially Aki/Ringrose. Hopefully the weather doesn't ruin it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Packing the rain gear and thermals for the trip - and the hip flask!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Interesting squads on both sides. Leo obviously in full rotation mode but that's still a strong squad.

Looking forward to this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Despite being a full-blown prawn-munching, cappucino-sipping, Henshaw-signing, gin-guzzling, sombrero-waxing Leinster fan, I am quite excited to see the return of Jake Heenan. Quality player, lets hope he's back to his best now because if he is he'll be a real option at international level.

No use of the words goys and no attempt to change henshaw to something more d4 appropriate. Obvious connacht fan in disguise.

Heenan back is big but I'm worried. First game an interpro. James Connolly has being playing so well it's a big risk

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Zzippy wrote: »

I know long term there won't be a Te'o/Anyone partnership but he's been one of Leinster's best players this season. Can't see the sense in not playing him if he's available. There will be plenty of time in training and preseason to get next season's centre pairings sorted and settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭b.gud

freyners wrote: »
    Heenan back is big but I'm worried. First game an interpro. James Connolly has being playing so well it's a big risk

Ya I was thinking the same thing, plus would really have liked to see Connolly go up against VDF.
    There has, rightly, been a lot of hype around VDF but Connolly has been performing superbly as well so it would have been good to see him get some attention on a big stage like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

b.gud wrote: »
    Ya I was thinking the same thing, plus would really have liked to see Connolly go up against VDF.
    There has, rightly, been a lot of hype around VDF but Connolly has been performing superbly as well so it would have been good to see him get some attention on a big stage like this

Heenan was due in October, all the precautions have been taken, and I don't buy the argument "an interpro is less appropriate to reintroduce him than the next game, away to Scarlets".
    Rejoice guys, it's just a ****ing good news

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement