Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Connacht build up RDS Jan 1st tg4 17:00

Options
  • 28-12-2015 12:57pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Leinster coming of a good win away to Munster will have the momentum as they welcome a Connacht team after a disappointing loss to Ulster in a tense match.

Will Leinster rest players with an eye on Europe? Even if they can't get out of the group a good showing in those matches will ease fans worries about the direction under Leo.

Connachts own European battle will need to be looked after as if this run of form continues it might be the only way into the champions cup. The lack of continuity in the team because of injuries is starting to show, and issues at OH once again are showing.

As all interpros it won't be a game to write home about but will be tense all the same

Who will come out on top 59 votes

Leinster
    0% 0 votes
    Connacht
    72% 43 votes
    Nucifora
    27% 16 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Leinster coming of a good win away to Munster will have the momentum as they welcome a Connacht team after a disappointing loss to Ulster in a tense match.

Will Leinster rest players with an eye on Europe? Even if they can't get out of the group a good showing in those matches will ease fans worries about the direction under Leo.

Connachts own European battle will need to be looked after as if this run of form continues it might be the only way into the champions cup. The lack of continuity in the team because of injuries is starting to show, and issues at OH once again are showing.

As all interpros it won't be a game to write home about but will be tense all the same

I expect Leinster will put out a strong team. Non full strength but hope we see Molony, VDF, Ringrose, Furlong start. Would have been good to see Luke McGrath back too.

I dont think too many leinster fans are worried about a few performances in europe this season at this stage. Think there is an excellent opportunity to focus on the pro12 and give gametime to more fringe players and keep improving at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Isn't there an Ireland camp on the Sunday?
    Both teams could be missing players for that

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Isn't there an Ireland camp on the Sunday?
    Both teams could be missing players for that

match is on friday evening. Think Leinster will have a very strong side out one way or another

Leinster will show up and play their Europe games, but at no time now will anything be at the expense of the Pro12 which they will be ferociously competing.

I think Connacht are a good outfit and they always trouble Leinster.

But I honestly think they are in for a serious hiding this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It'll be a good opportunity for the exciting young Connacht talent to impress their future employers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

We will have to rest some players, probably Toner, Heaslip, McGrath and Fitzgerald, but should still be a strong enough team.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

5 day turnaround also so I expect at least 7-8 changes.

Leinster will show up and play their Europe games, but at no time now will anything be at the expense of the Pro12 which they will be ferociously competing.

I think Connacht are a good outfit and they always trouble Leinster.

But I honestly think they are in for a serious hiding this Friday.
    Hmmm, we don't tend to get hidings these days - we shall see Friday :)

5 day turnaround also so I expect at least 7-8 changes.

i dont think that necessarily weakens the team leinster can put out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

VdF, Sexton, Moloney, Kearney x2, the alternate front row, Teo, Ruddock can all come in and the team doesn't get much weaker.

Do we know if Luke McGrath is anywhere near playing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

It'll be a good opportunity for the exciting young Connacht talent to impress their future employers.

The Ireland coaches?

Also, you forgot to mention how long you want to be banned for...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Ah yeah I suppose they could show Leinster where the try line is while they are at it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Handicap of 9 points with Paddy Power for this

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Handicap of 9 points with Paddy Power for this

They had Munster slight favourites on Sunday, right?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Zzippy wrote: »
    They had Munster slight favourites on Sunday, right?

Think they did, sometimes they get it wrong :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,123 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

They had munster -5 :)

I'd be holding off on a prediction until we get a better idea of weather conditions.

It could end up being a very low scoring game.

sydthebeat wrote: »

I'd be holding off on a prediction until we get a better idea of weather conditions.

Forecast is sh1te. Wind rain and cold on Friday is the current met eireann forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Blackclaret

What kind of injury did young McGrath sustain? remember it happening and looked innocuous enough, had really brought a zip to the game prior to the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is Nick McCarthy any good. Is there a reason why none of us were calling for him to come on with ten minutes to go?

Captain of the U20s last year - seemed decent player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is Nick McCarthy any good. Is there a reason why none of us were calling for him to come on with ten minutes to go?

He's been decent at the levels I've seen him at, but it's a big, big jump from that to a senior game. He did get a few minutes against Toulon.

sydthebeat wrote: »

I'd be holding off til we see the teams too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭b.gud

Anyone remember Luke McGrath, took the full of Nick Williams substantial frame to the knee at RDS, lot of talk about Ringrose but this guy could really put his stamp on National setup in coming years especially if Murray goes south.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭murtyd17

Just wondering are any other Leinster season ticket holders able to get the mobile tickets for the games in 2016 games. i cant see the games for 2016 when i log in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Anyone remember Luke McGrath, took the full of Nick Williams substantial frame to the knee at RDS, lot of talk about Ringrose but this guy could really put his stamp on National setup in coming years especially if Murray goes south.

What do you mean by 'Murray goes south'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

France?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If his performances go downhill is how I took it.

Yeah , I meant France, can't really see him completely going to the dogs, has Munster over a barrel though and would surely slot in dowm South or across the water. McGrath is a more conventional fh though, think he would be starting for Leinster if available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Are they leaving teams a bit late for this? Game is in less than 48 hours :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement