Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Match day Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

70 all out. Solid week with a nice green arrow. Poor captain choice hampers what could have been a bigger jump but after the last couple of weeks I can't really complain too much. Hopefully it gets the ball rolling after a disastrous few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

68 moreno to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

58 with Moreno to go.....

28 on the bench :(
    50/50s are killing me every week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

5 pts tonight for me. Relieved that Vardy did not produce (benched him for Alli). Annoyed he got the full 90 (*).

Kolarov YC was great news to me since he only got 5 and I shiped him out for Dawson 8 pointers :D.
    KDB YC is annoying. Not the YC in itself. But getting it at the 90th min!

So 74 all in. Need Coutinho to score less than 5 pts tomorrow to stay in the Cup.

-

(*) By the way, I know it's not fully over (there's still 1 GW to go) but isn't it the festive period with the less rotations we ever experienced ??? Is it due to the league being so tight this season? Or are we going to see big rotations for next GW (though I'm pretty sure the GW following the Boxing Day GW was the main one for rotations)?

iroced wrote: »
    5 pts tonight for me. Relieved that Vardy did not produce (benched him for Alli). Annoyed he got the full 90 (*).

Kolarov YC was great news to me since he only got 5 and I shiped him out for Dawson 8 pointers :D.
    KDB 90th min YC is annoying.

So 74 all in. Need Coutinho to score less than 5 pts tomorrow to stay in the Cup.

-

(*) By the way, I know it's not fully over (there's still 1 GW to go) but isn't it the festive period with the less rotations we ever experienced ??? Is it due to the league being so tight this season? Or are we going to see big rotations for next GW (though I'm pretty sure the GW following the Boxing Dar GW was the main one for rotations)?

I mentioned it yesterday I think it's due to how Xmas fell. There is always games on the 26th and Jan 1. However this year the 26th was a sat and Jan 1 is a Fri so they moved it back to sat Jan 2. 3 league games in 7 days a lot of other years you could have 4 league games in 10 days. Let's say sat 23rd Tues 26th sat 30th Mon 1st Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

JUST outside the top 100k now
    stupid bookings tonight cost me !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

iroced wrote: »

(*) By the way, I know it's not fully over (there's still 1 GW to go) but isn't it the festive period with the less rotations we ever experienced ??? Is it due to the league being so tight this season? Or are we going to see big rotations for next GW (though I'm pretty sure the GW following the Boxing Dar GW was the main one for rotations)?

I think it might be how the dates fell. With Stephens Day being a Saturday, no midweek games before Christmas and no games on New Years Day the match days fell on Saturday 19th, Saturday 26th, Monday 28th and Saturday 2nd. That's 4 games in 15 days. That's a pretty normal schedule (bar the closeness of the middle 2 games)

If Stephens Day was, say, a Thursday the games would have been Saturday 21st, Thursday 26th, Saturday 28th and Wednesday 1st. That's 4 games in 12 days, with another one to come the following weekend (probably FA Cup)

I think the 5 days after yesterday's games before the next round of matches meant more managers 'gambled' on playing players twice in 3 days.

Edit: Busts beat me to it!

Benimar wrote: »
    I think it might be how the dates fell. With Stephens Day being a Saturday, no midweek games before Christmas and no games on New Years Day the match days fell on Saturday 19th, Saturday 26th, Monday 28th and Saturday 2nd. That's 4 games in 15 days. That's a pretty normal schedule (bar the closeness of the middle 2 games)

If Stephens Day was, say, a Thursday the games would have been Saturday 21st, Thursday 26th, Saturday 28th and Wednesday 1st. That's 4 games in 12 days, with another one to come the following weekend (probably FA Cup)

I think the 5 days after yesterday's games before the next round of matches meant more managers 'gambled' on playing players twice in 3 days.

Edit: Busts beat me to it!

I'm just glad I'm not the only person (weirdo)out there that's thinking about this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

79 for the week post wildcard, Ali in for Deulofeu being the one transfer that underscored.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If Benteke starts tomorrow I wonder if Brad Smith will start in Moreno's place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

8-10 wrote: »

I can't see it. Smith has hardly played so can't see him being thrown in for a start. Might be an option with 20 to go if it's 0-0 but I'd be stunned if Moreno doesn't start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

8-10 wrote: »

One of the Echo has gone for Smith over Moreno: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-v-liverpool-pick-your-10662046

Would be typical if Moreno made a cameo to block my Kolarov 5 pointer though, so I hope Moreno starts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

67 with Moreno and Coutinho to go. Up to 157k

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Benimar wrote: »
    I can't see it. Smith has hardly played so can't see him being thrown in for a start. Might be an option with 20 to go if it's 0-0 but I'd be stunned if Moreno doesn't start.

I wouldnt be stunned but you are right it's very unlikely.

87 all out. Probably for the best that KDB and Mahrez did nothing as many would have captained them.

Up to 54k. Woop woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭siblers

69 all out, Zouma on the bench but not really annoyed about that. Disapointed that Giroud didn't get more points but I could easily have gone with De Bruyen instead of Giroud so could have been worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

78 with Coutinho. If he does something tomorrow it is going to be spectacular week :)

Best week this season.

I hope it is one of many to come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

That 0-0 sees me finish the gw with 71, 18pts sitting on the bench.

I want your team!!!!
    53 atm and Butland Ake Alli Toby was my bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

ElTel wrote: »
    I want your team!!!!
    53 atm and Butland Ake Alli Toby was my bench.

At least you didn't play bench boost chip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

wonski wrote: »
    At least you didn't play bench boost chip :)

I had Henney Ward and Lukaku only after the early KOs!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

70 despite a Mahrez captaincy. Up from 95k to 85k since the start of the GW. Moreno to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

wonski wrote: »
    78 with Coutinho. If he does something tomorrow it is going to be spectacular week :)

Best week this season.

I hope it is one of many to come :)

Same as, gives a gameweek rank of 165 k, still have not made up the ground I lost last 2 gameweek s, hopefully Coutinho will oblige and bring the gameweek rank under the 100 k

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Down to 400k. Things can't get much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Paully D wrote: »

I've just had my 4th red arrow in a row into 900k, left 28 points on my bench this week. It definitely can!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

70 points for the week all out. Probably could have played bench boost because Souare got 7, De Gea 8, Nyom 1 and Wanyama 2. 16 points would have been a decent return.

At 65k. Started the week at 73k. Expect to fall tonight with plenty of people having Liverpool players.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

1,034,000 begs to differ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

1,034,000 begs to differ :)

I wonder how much of that ranking is directly attributable to not having Ozil :pac:

Are you gonna bring him in at any stage or just ride the wave at this stage? Reminds me of my refusal with Ramsey and Toure two years ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ah here! :) I had an 80k green arrow so far and still only back to 850k!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Nice to see some fellow strugglers :) Green arrow sees me up to my highest position of 480k, Kolarov to come off the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

SantryRed wrote: »
    I wonder how much of that ranking is directly attributable to not having Ozil :pac:

Are you gonna bring him in at any stage or just ride the wave at this stage? Reminds me of my refusal with Ramsey and Toure two years ago :(

Oh and don't forget Vardy :pac:

No I'm getting Ozil this week, I just prefer players with goal threat than assists but I'll bite the bullet and get him. Even though Sanchez will be back and I've got a ready made excuse if I want it.

I'd be respectable in the early 100ks at worst if I jumped on though, that's the difference in my season. Can only blame myself so I don't mind so much.

Advertisement