Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gameweek 19 transfers

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PARlance wrote: »
    Even though I have Kolarov and Hazard, I think I'm going to bank the transfer.

Hazard to Walcott an option but I think I'm more confident of Hazard starting.

Could end up doing a cheeky Kolarov to Coleman type gamble. Need to do so in the next hour as I've a four hour drive ahead of me to do.

That escalated quickly.
    Hazard to Walcott and Ighalo to Giroud would leave me with:

DDG
    Dier, Kolarov, Johnson (Simpson, Targett)
    Ozil, Walcott, KDB, Alli (Mahrez)
    Aguero, Lukaku, Giroud

Thoughts anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Anyone watch Everton last GW? Are we expecting Kevin Mirallias to start again or will Deulofeu get his spot back? Not sure if I want to keep him or not. I have 2 FTs burning a hole in my pocket.

Joint second in the work monthly money league and want to get some cash.

id say its nailed on deulofeu will play today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

PARlance wrote: »
    That escalated quickly.
    Hazard to Walcott and Ighalo to Giroud would leave me with:

DDG
    Dier, Kolarov, Johnson (Simpson, Targett)
    Ozil, Walcott, KDB, Alli (Mahrez)
    Aguero, Lukaku, Giroud

Thoughts anyone?

Think one of Walcott/Giroud is enough. Either of them could be benched over the next two games. Ighalo has tough fixtures but is on fire and guaranteed 90 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think one of Walcott/Giroud is enough. Either of them could be benched over the next two games. Ighalo has tough fixtures but is on fire and guaranteed 90 mins.

Found some quotes from Wenger that suggest that he mightn't rotate. It's just so hard to know though.

“If you look at the number of games Mathieu Flamini, Aaron Ramsey and Joel Campbell played since the start of the season… even Olivier Giroud for a long while didn’t play games and Theo Walcott also has just come back.

“These players are not overloaded with games. It is not like they have played 25 games.”

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1516/pre/first-team/arsenal-v-bournemouth-the-inside-track#Wz2FTLC1GHvojphO.99

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Found some quotes from Wenger that suggest that he mightn't rotate. It's just so hard to know though.

“If you look at the number of games Mathieu Flamini, Aaron Ramsey and Joel Campbell played since the start of the season… even Olivier Giroud for a long while didn’t play games and Theo Walcott also has just come back.

“These players are not overloaded with games. It is not like they have played 25 games.”

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1516/pre/first-team/arsenal-v-bournemouth-the-inside-track#Wz2FTLC1GHvojphO.99

I still havent forgiven him for those RVP comments a few years ago!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭remoteboy

2 FTs. 1.4m in the bank. Terrible season this year. Still haven't broken into top 1m. Captain choices are killing me. Had Kane and KDB last gameweek. Captained Mahrez. Need a big boost.

Current team is
    DDG / McCarthy (remember him!)
    Toby / Dier / Bellerin / Ward / Wolly
    Ozil / Mahrez / KDB / Coutinho / Barkley
    Lukaku / Vardy / Kane

Looking to downgrade one of my front eight as causing too many headaches. Coutinho is the obvious one but he's got Sunderland next. So thinking Barkley to Alli. Coutinho is then in the last chance saloon for next week.

Bringing in Alli means selling someone from Spurs, so gonna let Dier go. Have a Stoke defender so thinking of Ake.

TL:DR;
    Barkley -> Alli
    Dier -> Ake

They feel like structural moves - not necessarily strengthening the team. Leaves me with 4.2m in the bank but money doesn't matter so much this year.

Then there's the whole Vardy to Ighalo conundrum. Plus everyone talking up Walcott who hasn't completed 90 minutes since September.

Am I missing an obvious move?

Coutinho is the obvious one to sell of the front 8, very capable player but hasnt been doing the business FPL wise. But retaining a front 8 this GW is a good thing to do because of rotation risks. Vardy is a risk this GW as he's being assessed and Mahrez is being described as tired. He's not called the Tinkerman for no reason despite how heavily dependent they are on those 2 players.

Coutinho to Alli/Walcott
    Dier to Nyom

Your team isnt in bad shape at all, hopefully captain choices will start happening for ya. Who are you thinking of captaining this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Dempsey wrote: »
    Coutinho is the obvious one to sell of the front 8, very capable player but hasnt been doing the business FPL wise. But retaining a front 8 this GW is a good thing to do because of rotation risks. Vardy is a risk this GW as he's being assessed and Mahrez is being described as tired. He's not called the Tinkerman for no reason despite how heavily dependent they are on those 2 players.

Coutinho to Alli/Walcott
    Dier to Nyom

Your team isnt in bad shape at all, hopefully captain choices will start happening for ya. Who are you thinking of captaining this week?

Thanks for the advice. Thinking of captaining Ozil. No one else really jumps out.

Any reason you've picked Nyom rather than Ake? .3m cheaper than Nyom and has a goal and an assist this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Benching Mahrez for Alli?

Seems like madness, but I can't help thinking Man City are going to do a job on a Vardyless Leicester today if Mahrez is as fatigued as they say

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Good advice, cheers.

Ignored it though :(
    Eggs firmly in a battered basket..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Anyone watch Everton last GW? Are we expecting Kevin Mirallias to start again or will Deulofeu get his spot back? Not sure if I want to keep him or not. I have 2 FTs burning a hole in my pocket.

Joint second in the work monthly money league and want to get some cash.

Mirallas played instead of Kone last gw. Lennon started instead of Deulofeu . Deulofeu will start imo and I think (hope) mirallas will start too.

remoteboy wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. Thinking of captaining Ozil. No one else really jumps out.

Any reason you've picked Nyom rather than Ake? .3m cheaper than Nyom and has a goal and an assist this season.

Alot of people are going with Ozil so its best to go with him.

If Ake can keep his place, he's a good chance of being a better option going forward. Nyom has served me well since I got him in GW6

Might change to him myself but only when I use my WC, the FT's can be better spent

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Had always wanted Walcott these games but other needs last week meant I havent prepared the tranfer. Only real option without taking a hit is Ozil to Walcott but very risky. If I thought ozil was goin to be rested I'd do it.

Might just bank transfer as too many unknowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

id say its nailed on deulofeu will play today.
    Dempsey wrote: »
    Alot of people are going with Ozil so its best to go with him.

If Ake can keep his place, he's a good chance of being a better option going forward. Nyom has severed me well since I got him in GW6

Might change to him myself but only when I use my WC, the FT's can be better spent

Thanks lads.

I transferred Wanyama out for Ali and planning on playing him ahead of Vardy. First time having a strong front 8 this season. Pity I lost the .1 on Victor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Vardy is passed fit for the City game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

siblers wrote: »

Have a feeling he will punish those of us who benched / sold him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

siblers wrote:

Going to start him I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

wonski wrote:
    Have a feeling he will punish those of us who benched / sold him...

I never considered selling him with Bournemouth at home next.

siblers wrote: »

Passed fit doesnt mean he'll start though...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

spock. wrote: »
    I never considered selling him with Bournemouth at home next.

Over 150000 players did. Another group, including me, benched him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Well, I didnt want to login and see that.

Only one transfer made. Ighalo in, Vardy out.

My threat to make a multitude of transfers never materialized

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Stekelenberg
    Alderweireld Dawson Berellin
    Ozil(c) KDB (vc) Arnutavic Mahrez
    Vardy Lukaku Kane

Myhill Barkley Sagna Nyom

Bench Barkley or Mahrez? Currently have Barkley benched but not sure.

8 weeks of green arrows coming to an end I think. All green arrows since I played my wildcard but its not its not as good as it sounds as its from 2.8 mill to 884k pos. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

q2ice wrote:
    Stekelenberg Alderweireld Dawson Berellin Ozil(c) KDB (vc) Arnutavic Mahrez Vardy Lukaku Kane

q2ice wrote:
    Myhill Barkley Sagna Nyom

Solid team. I think u benched the correct players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Solid team. I think u benched the correct players

Cheers. Did a last minute swap of arnutavic to barkley. Immediately tried to swap back again but the window just shut. Rofl.

Well Nyom is on bench for Watford today you'll be glad to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »
    I am thinking that possible Bolassie Replacements could be: Alli, Coutinho, Mane, Puncheon/Cabaye or Walcott. Still no idea where I will go on this one....
    I forgot....and Arnoutovic

This came down to Alli or Arnie and I went with the former :mad:
    I also brought Delaney in for Kolarov and he didn't play. FML.

Had a howler myself.

1 pt from Nyom.
    1 pts ftom Ollsen because he went of inure early.
    Benched Barkley for Alli.

... only positive was Ighalo in for Vardy.

Captain Aguero to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

El festino wrote: »
    Had always wanted Walcott these games but other needs last week meant I havent prepared the tranfer. Only real option without taking a hit is Ozil to Walcott but very risky. If I thought ozil was goin to be rested I'd do it.

Might just bank transfer as too many unknowns.

Thankfully I didn't do this. What was I thinking :eek::eek:

El festino wrote: »
    Thankfully I didn't do this. What was I thinking :eek::eek:

Too many players have been 2nd guessing themselves I feel when they probably have the right players, the right captain etc just need to have patience with what they are doing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement