Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gameweek 19 transfers

Options

Comments

Need a midfielder to replace Bolasie for the next two games.

I already have Ramsey, Walcott and Mahrez.

Money no problem but have avoided KDB because I'm trying to make up points in my league.

So question - any midfielder in the game for the next two matches, who would you pick ?

Edit - I have Aguero, Kane and Lukaku up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Have 2 FT.

Myhill Hennessey
    Kolarov Bellerin Souaré Wollscheid Simpson
    Ozil KDB Mahrez Alli Deulofeu
    Vardy Kane Lukaku

Option 1. Deulofeu to Walcott. Bench Vardy.

Option 2. Vardy to Ighalo. Bench Deulofeu

Option 3. Combine options 1 & 2.

Option 4. Option 1 + Kolarov to Walker.

Ighalo's on fire but Watford next 3 are tough enough and people mentioned them being pretty tired after last game. Vardy have Bournemouth at home next.

So I'm leaning towards option 1 or 4. I'm just not that sure about Spurs despite their form. Their fixtures aren't exactly ideal... I'm afraid of being late to the party. But FFS reckons Pellegrini could play Clichy this week. So would be a good time to cash in my £0.2m profit on Kolarov who's been useless lately...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

iroced wrote:
    Option 2. Vardy to Ighalo. Bench Deulofeu

I'm doing the above. Except I'll be benching Barkley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

option 1

Cheers, that was most likely. Spurs defender/ goalkeeper coming in next week barring injury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have I missed something? Will Giroud be dropped for Walcott tomorrow?

• Advertisement

hogey143 wrote: »
    Have I missed something? Will Giroud be dropped for Walcott tomorrow?

No but anytime Walcott is on the pitch an explosion is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    No but anytime Walcott is on the pitch an explosion is possible

This is true, I'm going for Giroud (C) hoping & praying it'll pay off..

hogey143 wrote: »
    This is true, I'm going for Giroud (C) hoping & praying it'll pay off..

Any Arsenal attacker is a good shout really

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Cech

Dier, and 2 from Kolorov, Nyom, Simpson or Ollsen.

Think cleansheet will be like hens teeth to.orriw so picking Kolorov and Nyom based on attacking points potential

Walcott Mahrez Alli and Ozil

Kane Aguero and Ighalo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FHFC wrote: »
    Thanks lads for some very solid advice. A good bit of it was already in my mind which is also good given my confidence in my fpl decisions is long since shot.

Moreno over Evans being one (getting evans over Wolscheid couple of weeks back was a classic example of a fixtures over form error). Also think Watford will score so Toby stays benched.

Arnie was in my sights as well since Bolasie ruled out.

Re strong front 8 I'm planning to continue with Alli as 5th mid along with Mahrez and another mid price mid for now, possibly rotating someone.with Alli. My team value is good and I can do Walcott to Sanchez as soon as he comes back if i do Sterling to Arnie.

I'll eventually downgrade one of the big 3 up front too.

Deep.
    Feeling better I see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Torn between bringing in Walcott for Kouyate or Giroud for Vardy. Could do both but I don't want a -4 as I'm going for a manager of the month prize.

I'm guessing there's no real reason to pick one over the other?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't in terms of Vardy v Ighalo. I'll hold my guns on the anti Butland jammy bastard crusade for a few more GWs hopefully

Considering dropping him this week and playing Ward and Hennessey.
    How many WBA you got left?

Thinking of doing Cech over Butland, the hardest decision I face each week is deciding which one to start, it's head wrecking!

siblers wrote: »
    Torn between bringing in Walcott for Kouyate or Giroud for Vardy. Could do both but I don't want a -4 as I'm going for a manager of the month prize.

I'm guessing there's no real reason to pick one over the other?

If you do the first Vardy gets benched? Tough call but only do if using up one of 2 FTs. Had a quick look at FISO for the NTO and Kouyate has 10k NTO from an ownership of 114k so definitely borderline on a drop. My gut says he'll hold tonight so I'd carry the FT. Can you suffer the price decrease for 2FTs?

ElTel wrote: »
    If you do the first Vardy gets benched? Tough call but only do if using up one of 2 FTs. Had a quick look at FISO for the NTO and Kouyate has 10k NTO from an ownership of 114k so definitely borderline on a drop. My gut says he'll hold tonight so I'd carry the FT. Can you suffer the price decrease for 2FTs?

I only have the 1FT, I brought in Kouyate in like gw7 and he has just sat on the bench the whole time, the most amount of points he got in a GW has been 3 (I think) since I brought him in. I can see Giroud outscoring Vardy this GW and next GW but Walcott can be used alongside Vardy and I can drop Delufeou.

I really want to bring in both but I don't want to lose out on potentially winning a MOTM award.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Torricelli wrote: »
    Ighalo in for Vardy.

7.1 in the bank. Crazy!

I have 8 million in the bank, absolutely mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

km79 wrote: »
    2 tough calls to make
    play kolarov away and without kompany or Nyom at home to Kane......both will probably concede but there is always the goal threat from kolarov. not sure how many points I have lost playing him when I shouldnt have because of this tho.........
    and finally Gerard Del or vardy............had planned on benching vardy but his home record is superb. and its on TV :D
    any advice????

I don't suppose you have a FT lying around to fix your defence line-up! :pac:

I have Deulofeu and Vardy and decided to bench Vardy. I'm way too stubborn to get rid of Deulofeu with the 6/7 million in my bank every week because I know he can do better in FPL terms!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Hennessey or Butland to start?

stephenl15 wrote: »

Got both, starting Ward and leaning toward Hennessey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ElTel wrote: »
    Considering dropping him this week and playing Ward and Hennessey.
    How many WBA you got left?

Myhill and Evans. Going to do the same as last GW and start Myhill over Howard with Evans as 1st sub
    stephenl15 wrote: »

Think it has to be Henny and if Butland produces the goods it's very much against the odds

• Advertisement

So this is slightly long winded, In my private league, let's say I'm on 990 points overall and the guy in first is on 1000. And if I was to get 60 points tomorrow and my rival got 49, he would finish on 1049 for the month and I would finish on 1050. If I did a -4 transfer, would I end on 1046 for the end of the month or would it carry over till the first game week in January? So I'd be 1050 for the end of December and I'd be 1046 for the first game week in January?

First for each month get's a manager of the month prize and I don't want to give him an extra 4 points but if it carried over till January, I'd take the hit.

The hit will be effective for this GW.

But if you take a hit next GW in the last days of december, it will apply to december and not january. And if you won december by less than 5 pts you can make a transfer in december and another one in january it won't affect your monthly totals but will your overall. Hope it makes sense .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

siblers wrote: »
    So this is slightly long winded, In my private league, let's say I'm on 990 points overall and the guy in first is on 1000. And if I was to get 60 points tomorrow and my rival got 49, he would finish on 1049 for the month and I would finish on 1050. If I did a -4 transfer, would I end on 1046 for the end of the month or would it carry over till the first game week in January? So I'd be 1050 for the end of December and I'd be 1046 for the first game week in January?

First for each month get's a manager of the month prize and I don't want to give him an extra 4 points but if it carried over till January, I'd take the hit.

Only time hits don't count towards monthly total is for the first GW to start in a month

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

iroced wrote: »
    The hit will be effective for this GW.

But if you take a hit next GW in the last days of december, it will apply to december and not january. And if you won december by less than 5 pts you can make a transfer in december and another one in january it won't affect your monthly totals but will your overall. Hope it makes sense .

Not sure that this is correct. The points deduction only occurs at the final update at the end of the gameweek. Whether it was confirmed in December or January is irrelevant.
    However, I'm pretty sure that hits aren't counted in the monthly totals, just the overall (at least this was the case every other year in the last decade... I haven't been close enough for it to matter this year so haven't confirmed it).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Out: DDG
    In: Hennessy

I see Micah Richards is due to drop in price tomorrow night,
    doubt I'll take a hit but who would you advise getting in for him after deadline for GW20?

Will have 5.9 to spend.

Thinking Wollesheid/Cameron or Jonny Evans for cheaper options but not opposed to a premium. Could get Sagna, or Mertsacker but would prefer a more attacking premium defender to Mert, and Moreno is in the firing line to be sold after that so can upgrade him to Arsenal.

(rest of defence is Simpson, Dier, Bennett)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

shineon23 wrote: »
    Out: DDG
    In: Hennessy

I see Micah Richards is due to drop in price tomorrow night,
    doubt I'll take a hit but who would you advise getting in for him after deadline for GW20?

Will have 5.9 to spend.

Thinking Wollesheid/Cameron or Jonny Evans for cheaper options but not opposed to a premium. Could get Sagna, or Mertsacker but would prefer a more attacking premium defender to Mert, and Moreno is in the firing line to be sold after that so can upgrade him to Arsenal.

(rest of defence is Simpson, Dier, Bennett)

On current form, Stoke defender is a must have. Man city or Arsenal are not keeping clean sheets at all.

Not sure that this is correct. The points deduction only occurs at the final update at the end of the gameweek. Whether it was confirmed in December or January is irrelevant.
    However, I'm pretty sure that hits aren't counted in the monthly totals, just the overall (at least this was the case every other year in the last decade... I haven't been close enough for it to matter this year so haven't confirmed it).
    Yeah I think you're right. Once the GW is complete you're fine ;).

--

By the way, I'd like to ditch Kolarov. FFS have him rested today and anyway he's not delivering. My other def are Bellerin Souaré Wollscheid Simpson. Who would you guys get in? Was thinking Walker but don't like hisnext couple of fixtures. He rose yesterday so can wait a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Even though I have Kolarov and Hazard, I think I'm going to bank the transfer.

Hazard to Walcott an option but I think I'm more confident of Hazard starting.

Could end up doing a cheeky Kolarov to Coleman type gamble. Need to do so in the next hour as I've a four hour drive ahead of me to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah I think you're right. Once the GW is complete you're fine ;).

--

By the way, I'd like to ditch Kolarov. FFS have him rested today and anyway he's not delivering. My other def are Bellerin Souaré Wollscheid Simpson. Who would you guys get in? Was thinking Walker but don't like hisnext couple of fixtures. He rose yesterday so can wait a bit now.

kolorav to wba defender as you will need to move on myhill fairly soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Anyone watch Everton last GW? Are we expecting Kevin Mirallias to start again or will Deulofeu get his spot back? Not sure if I want to keep him or not. I have 2 FTs burning a hole in my pocket.

Joint second in the work monthly money league and want to get some cash.

Advertisement