Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

37 points which is nearly half of what I got the last three weeks... have two transfers to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

81 points, might break top 200k. Expectations are low this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

42 Pts, bad week to get the captaincy wrong, and defensively had a nightmare again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

65 (-4)

A slice of luck that Sergio didn't come on with Kane as vice. Although I did take a -4 and had 3 points sub in rather than 6 or 9 so swings and roundabouts.

Ben Davies' 11 point haul is as sweet as they come. 43 of my points coming from Spurs today.

I'm inside 1 million at 963k and feeling much more positive for the 2nd half of the season. For now anyway, I still have plenty issues to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Good thing I did bench Deulofeu, otherwise you guys would have seen my angry face again! In fairness, I can see why that assist wasn't given. The second incident his assist was ruled 'no assist' was an absolute joke, however. An absolute disgrace of an assist for Gareth Barry. The first one should have been an assist in my eyes as well.

That still didn't mean I had a good GW. It was pretty terrible, in fact. Once again I have no luck with my defenders. It wasn't as bad as last week but I had Bertrand and McAuley, selling Moreno for Kompany who of course had to get injured after five minutes of coming on. Ramsey captain didn't work out (again). 41 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

50 points.

Free transfers.

Next gameweek is around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

65 points sees me up 171k places to 490k. I'm happy with this of course but I had the captaincy on KDB all week and only took it off him last night for Coutinho thinking he'd score as he became a father a few days before. Oh well, can't do anything about that now and looking forward to climbing up the rankings if I stick to the tried and trusted and not make any rash transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Finished on 76, sickened over the injustice to Delofyeu, top 1500 in the world, top 100 in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I'm horribly ranked this season. Taking too many his every week. Went from 1.9m to 1.6 after that. 77 points. Rangel coming in for 9 was a nice surprise.

Christmas period could see big climbs hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    71 points... Captain Kane, KDB, Wollscheid, Ighalo and Alli did the scoring. Alli in turned out to be a nice transfer, caught the highlights there on MOTD and he could easily have scored 15+ points today.

Moreno on the bench while Bellerin and Dawson got the start is frustrating. Passed the 1,000 point marker and what should be a green arrow, which is always the GW aim.

Turns out that 71 was good enough for a GW rank of 173k. Pleasantly surprised with that, and it's my second best GW of the season after GW 8. That all translates to a 90k rise up to 95k in the OR. Happy days, it's just a pity I don't have longer to bask in the glory of a successful GW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Up from 105k to 72k. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

57 brought me up from 68k to 53k however I dropped in all of my pay leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

59 saw me make a nice leap of 50k to 120k
    shows the importance of captaincy
    this weeks one is tricky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

71 takes me to 21k from 50k. Captain Kane doing most of the damage and a nice stroke of luck which saw Ward come in for Zouma. Bertrand 3rd sub with 9 is a little annoying.

Hangover eased somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

65 (-4)

A slice of luck that Sergio didn't come on with Kane as vice. Although I did take a -4 and had 3 points sub in rather than 6 or 9 so swings and roundabouts.

Ben Davies' 11 point haul is as sweet as they come. 43 of my points coming from Spurs today.

I'm inside 1 million at 963k and feeling much more positive for the 2nd half of the season. For now anyway, I still have plenty issues to deal with.

60 points for me. My 11 point beauty was Glenn Johnson. I'm right behind you at 978k.

Time to start humming The Great Escape comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Jesus Christ..just here in bed after a heavy night on the sauce. Southampton beat Arsenal 4-0?? Wtf?! The crazy season continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

63 points brings me back up to 37k from 62k, happy with that jump (even if I can't shake the annoyance of leaving 14 points on the bench).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

794k to 833k after a score of 73 with a - 28to take off, pretty decent result imo.

In much better shape now imo plus I have Aguero in so hopefully I can climb through the ranks with a big eye on the Harps CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

58 gives me a rise of 26k to 83k
    First green arrow in 9 weeks. I've a lot of underperforming players to get rid of though starting with Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I was .1 short for Luk to Kun so I did Kane to Kun instead. Would have had Harry as VC so the point loss is fairly huge from that transfer.
    53 for the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

794k to 833k after a score of 73 (-28). Cracking result.

Squad looks better now imo and with Aguero in he will hopefully start to fire. I just need Vardy to slow down and looking at a few numbers this morning that seems to be the case.

Harps CL and my main cash league are my main focus from here on in.

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    Jesus Christ..just here in bed after a heavy night on the sauce. Southampton beat Arsenal 4-0?? Wtf?! The crazy season continues!

Southampton were kinda due a big score - they had some obscene figures for shots on goal over the last few games. Still didn't stop me playing Bellerin and selling Bertrand of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

It's a weird season. I thought last week's 61 was a decent score but I dropped from 82k to 136k. This week I knew 70 was good but didn't think it was anything special, yet I have risen from 136k to a season high of 69k. I guess Kane (c) KDB and Butland were differentials and Moreno coming in for Bolassie was a bonus.
    2 FTs now and considering shifting Vardy as well as the injured Bolassie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

menoscemo wrote: »
    It's a weird season. I thought last week's 61 was a decent score but I dropped from 82k to 136k. This week I knew 70 was good but didn't think it was anything special, yet I have risen from 136k to a season high of 69k. I guess Kane (c) KDB and Butland were differentials and Moreno coming in for Bolassie was a bonus.
    2 FTs now and considering shifting Vardy as well as the injured Bolassie.

A huge amount of the top 100k have ighalo over kane and also a lot of them have barkley and not kdb would be my guess. I went up in the overall rankings despite a 57 yet dropped in most paid leagues. Someone that has access to the figures on ownership % might check this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

74 after massive stroke of luck with KDB and Moreno coming off the bench for me

Up from 88k to 36k with that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

66 sees me climb more than 100k in the OR up to 203k (from 312k). :D.

A huge amount of the top 100k have ighalo over kane and also a lot of them have barkley and not kdb would be my guess. I went up in the overall rankings despite a 57 yet dropped in most paid leagues. Someone that has access to the figures on ownership % might check this.
    Yeah I haven't checked for this GW but did it for last and that sounds about right. FPLdiscovery.com for anyone that want the full detail ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

73 points for the week, nice move from 8k odd to 2k odd, that'll do for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Mr. Guappa wrote:
    Alli in turned out to be a nice transfer, caught the highlights there on MOTD and he could easily have scored 15+ points today.

Alli is fast becoming as vital as Mahrez or Ozil. Anyone without him is mad. Especially at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Alli is fast becoming as vital as Mahrez or Ozil. Anyone without him is mad. Especially at the price.

You can't be serious. As vital as Mahrez or Ozil??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

stephenl15 wrote: »
    You can't be serious. As vital as Mahrez or Ozil??

Relative to price, he's not far off.

Advertisement