Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just watched the highlights and can't believe Lukaku didn't score.

Switched captain from KDB in the morning as Lukaku seemed to be more in form than the City player.

How wrong I was. Or just unlucky this time.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    otherwise known as the "no assist given for Deulofeu" rule

This one isn't an assist. That's the rule. The one below doesn't apply here :

If a shot on goal is blocked by an opposition player, is saved by a goalkeeper or hits the woodwork, and a goal is scored from the rebound, then an assist is awarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    I agree with you. But I could tell you it's not as simple as looking at Alli outscoring Deulofeu :p. You always look at the bright side of it. But it's a biased view (as was mine). The full picture is I could have used this strong front 8 better.
    The frustrating part is even when it looks like I made the correct call in benching my only player from strong front 8 who was benched, he managed to outscore in the last second of his game 4 of my attackers.

True I do tend to look at the positive side of it. But it is a very complicated scenario to work out if it benefits you or not. It's not as simple as always having to have your lowest point scorer on the bench. I'd mane on the bench this week but if truth be told without a strong front 8 I'd have sold mahrez a few weeks back as I really wanted mane for his decent fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

wonski wrote: »
    Just watched the highlights and can't believe Lukaku didn't score.

Switched captain from KDB in the morning as Lukaku seemed to be more in form than the City player.

How wrong I was. Or just unlucky this time.

Lukaku should have scored much more the last month or so, don't know whether it's bad luck or his trollness coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

I don't understand the assist rules anymore
    last season (an Everton game as it happens cos I had baines ) ball was crossed in and headed clear and goal scored
    no assist given
    same weekend ball crossed in and goal scored assist given
    I emailed and reason given was that in situation 2 the clearance didn't clear the box but in situation 1 it did
    maybe it has been changed ........

• Advertisement

57 for the week. Kane and kdb with 42 of those.

km79 wrote: »
    I don't understand the assist rules anymore
    last season (an Everton game as it happens cos I had baines ) ball was crossed in and headed clear and goal scored
    no assist given
    same weekend ball crossed in and goal scored assist given
    I emailed and reason given was that in situation 2 the clearance didn't clear the box but in situation 1 it did
    maybe it has been changed ........

They might have changed the rules to get rid of those emails this year :)

The one today was no assist anyway.Rules are simple.

They might have changed the rules to get rid of those emails this year :)

The one today was no assist anyway.Rules are simple.

interesting to see what happens next time a corner comes in and a keeper fumbles the ball out of 6 yard box for someone to tap in .......

interesting to see what happens next time a corner comes in and a keeper fumbles the ball out of 6 yard box for someone to tap in .......

I posted this rule few minutes ago:

If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.

Makes sense tbh. This is exactly what happened today. I will be surprised if they award it.

At the end it is opta who decides if it was an assist or not. Not us. Part of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I posted this rule few minutes ago:

If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.

Makes sense tbh. This is exactly what happened today. I will be surprised if they award it.

At the end it is opta who decides if it was an assist or not. Not us. Part of the game.

It's not the first time this season that Opta has made a decision against Deulofeu.

Deulofeu intended for the ball to end up on an everton head and for them to score which is what happened. But we'll see rest of the season how many times this rule is applied strictly.

What would your view be if Deulofeu took it with his left foot and it was "on target" would you then count that as an assist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Watson didn't get the assist for Bogdan's fumble last week

Watson didn't get the assist for Bogdan's fumble last week

that's fair enough so
    as long as its consistent there can be no arguments!
    at least ive only had gerard del for this one phantom assist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

True I do tend to look at the positive side of it. But it is a very complicated scenario to work out if it benefits you or not. It's not as simple as always having to have your lowest point scorer on the bench. I'd mane on the bench this week but if truth be told without a strong front 8 I'd have sold mahrez a few weeks back as I really wanted mane for his decent fixtures.

Well in the end it looks like I actually made the right choice :p :pac:...

iroced wrote: »
    Well in the end it looks like I actually made the right choice :p :pac:...

Go strong front 8 ☺. The sooner the better aguero and sanchez are back and we can revert to simpler times.

64 all in, delighted with that, especially as most of my rivals' captain picks failed. Won my Premier League tie, and should be on top of a money league - until at least the next GW in a couple of days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

66 all in. Delighted. Kane (C), KDB & Wollscheid did the business :).

Hennessey on the bench is annoying. More than Souaré. I'd have never played both. But had I not forgotten the deadline this morning I may have put Hennessey ahead of Myhill. Ah well...

Hopefully a solid green arrow this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

61 points. 48 of them came from captain Kane, KDB and Alder!

Won my cup game and my FSA Premier League tie at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭COH

62 points... another captain fail but first green arrow in 6 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

40(-4). Another shocking week. Kane to aguero backfired in the worst possible way. 3 cleanies on my bench, 0 on the pitch. Aguero captain fail followed by lukaku vice captain fail. If ever there was a week the 50/50's went against me, it was this week. Lost close to 100k places. Absolute disaster. DDG goes tonight, and I'm going to start getting rid of my premium defenders. Hopefully, we see a good bit of rotation on Monday and my strong front 8 pays off, so I can at least regain some of the ground lost today.

This season is slowly getting worse :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    My season is fooked OR wise but my main cash league is in two parts and scores reset for Stephen Day games, leagues cannot start on a negative score so any hit I took won't effect that particular league.

Considering focusing on the Harps CL similarly. Take hits where no games and try to win it.

But my pride wants me to continue to salvage my OR. I'd be delighted and amazed with a top 100k finish from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Kun captain defaulted to Lukaku and Ward came in with a cs and bonus point.
    My 7 defenders (6 teams) kept a cs!
    Feel like I got away with it today.
    Have the WC to use now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,082 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Considering focusing on the Harps CL similarly. Take hits where no games and try to win it.

But my pride wants me to continue to salvage my OR. I'd be delighted and amazed with a top 100k finish from here.

Don't be amazed. I'm still somewhat expecting one and will be making decisions with OR primarily in mind. We haven't reached the halfway yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ElTel wrote:
    65 Kun captain defaulted to Lukaku and Ward came in with a cs and bonus point. My 7 defenders (6 teams) kept a cs! Feel like I got away with it today. Have the WC to use now.

Some score from your defence in a weekend where very few picked up cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

47 points all in.

Captain Mahrez fail
    Cech gets zero and Butland on the bench for 9.
    Smalling gets 1 and Wollescheid on bench for 6.

Pretty horrific week.

Think I'm gonna transfer out Vardy for Kane and Darmian for a well performing Defender or maybe Barkley for Yaya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Usernemises

56 with Giroud captain. Won the cup game and went up the league. Still raging with the capt pick. Had kdb and moved it last minute.

CSF wrote: »
    Don't be amazed. I'm still somewhat expecting one and will be making decisions with OR primarily in mind. We haven't reached the halfway yet.

Dunno. Form over fixtures innit! :)

I'm looking at 290k to touching 1m in 4 weeks. It's a long long way back from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,082 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dunno. Form over fixtures innit! :)

I'm looking at 290k to touching 1m in 4 weeks. It's a long long way back from here.

A few good weeks can change a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Harps CL and that cash league for me are both realistic chances of serious cash, well worth focusing on for people like us down in the FPL gutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

71 points... Captain Kane, KDB, Wollscheid, Ighalo and Alli did the scoring. Alli in turned out to be a nice transfer, caught the highlights there on MOTD and he could easily have scored 15+ points today.

Moreno on the bench while Bellerin and Dawson got the start is frustrating. Passed the 1,000 point marker and what should be a green arrow, which is always the GW aim.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    A few good weeks can change a lot though.

Yeah have forgotten what they feel like. Not had one all season. Some middling ones, lots of poor ones and several disasters.

I think I've swapped my FPL luck and my Real Football luck around this year between Harps and Ireland.

Advertisement