Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

shineon23 wrote: »
    I must remember sometimes its better not to make transfers.

Got rid of bertrand as part of my aguero dealings.

id probably be more upset if i kept bertrand and benched him though.

out:
    vardy, bertrand and hazard:
    2 + 9(+bonus?) +1
    = 12 (+ bertrand bonus)

in:
    aguero, bennett and walcott
    0 + benches +2= 2 -8 (hits) = -6

could end up a 20/21 point difference After bonus.

would have made a good week great.

Had the opposite experience myself. For the last many gameweeks I've had 8 point hits aplenty and none paid off. This week I swore it'd be different. No transfers I thought. I was steadfast all week. Looking at player after player I have on my WatchList rise in price,but I held strong. Till this morning at 11.44 when I caved and transferred giroud out for kun. Then 3pm came and went and no Kun. Great, another wasted transfer I think and giroud is due a blinder tonight. But no. Not this time. This time the fantasy football gods havesmiled ddown on me. I could've had giroud and his two points but instead I have kun and his 0.
    With Coutinho to sub in with his glorious 3 points, I'm one up for the week.

It's these little things that make it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

8-10 wrote: »
    How would Mahrez captainers gain ground? He had a low score

He meant Kane I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Typo obviously. Edited.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

3-0 to Southampton. Of course it is!

4-0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    Well that was a laugh. A fitting Christmas special of this black comedy season.

Think I'll dispense with reading back the 50 pages I've missed.

Sterling, Moreno and Souare with 19pts on the bench. Somewhat satisfying that Sterling didn't completely troll as he'll come in for Aguero. Mané returning after selling him at last, and especially Moreno finally getting a cs when i finally bench him not so satisfying.

Strange thing is it I'd vc'd Kane rather than Mahrez it would be a great week.

Serious ground will be gained by KDB or Mahrez captainers. As it stands in the arsenal game I'll have 42, which is bang on average. My -8 will sink me but may stay in top 1m. Hopefully thise hits will pay in medium term.

Looks like I wil end on 80 with my massive - 28 to take off so will end up with a less than 100k red arrow which is beyond anything I could have expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Pretty sure he mean over instead of or

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

4 0
    long
    tadic assist
    nul points for bellerin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Is it wrong that I'm loving what this scoreline is doing to people with Arsenal defenders :o

Lights On wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I'm loving what this scoreline is doing to people with Arsenal defenders :o

Yes it is. Read the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Finish on 58

7 of my front 8 blanked :(
    Thank god I captained Kane, the only one not to blank.
    Double palace clean sheet was badly needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

51 all out, may get a slight green

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

ok ye can add the Gerard Del assist now guys......

Currently on 66, it should be 69 with Del Boy's assist. Should get near enough to 80 with bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

63 points. Lucked out with captain Kun staying benched and Kane stepping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Looks like I will finish on 65.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

67, 42 of which are from KdB and captain Kane. Low scoring for most of my squad, but happy regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

50, Arsenal defence, Everton attack, Hiddink (for not playing Zouma) and captain Mahrez to blame

Time to get in Butland, Alderweireld, Dann etc. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

50 points also, around 54 after bps. Lukaku (C) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    Looks like I wil end on 80 with my massive - 28 to take off so will end up with a less than 100k red arrow which is beyond anything I could have expected.

You took a what now!! Offline all day. What bew madness is this!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Looks like 51 for me inc bonus
    Ward Bertie Willian and KdB the only ones to get more than 2.
    (C)Aguero (V/C)Ozil fails

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

39 measly points. KDB, Ighalo and a pile of 2s, 1s and a zero!

Think this is the straw that broke the camels back. not making the top 100k this year.

Oh, my FT was VVD to Bellerin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

You played alli as part of a strong front 8 over Deulofeu so it worked for you. No strong front 8 and you would more than likely not have alli and a 4.5 mid instead. Or alternatively you wouldn't have had delofeu. It's not as simple as just looking at Deulofeu outscoring vardez.

I agree with you. But I could tell you it's not as simple as looking at Alli outscoring Deulofeu :p. You always look at the bright side of it. But it's a biased view (as was mine). The full picture is I could have used this strong front 8 better.
    The frustrating part is even when it looks like I made the correct call in benching my only player from strong front 8 who was benched, he managed to outscore in the last second of his game 4 of my attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    You took a what now!! Offline all day. What bew madness is this!?

My season is fooked OR wise but my main cash league is in two parts and scores reset for Stephen Day games, leagues cannot start on a negative score so any hit I took won't effect that particular league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

65 all in...mainly down to KDB captaincy.

Projected 100k rise in OR to 230k and will keep ahead of rivals in my crappy work league

Where is Del Boy's assist! This is bugging me now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

siblers wrote: »
    Where is Del Boy's assist! This is bugging me now

If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.

Bad enough first in my league brought in Cresswell, second played Fonte over Bellerin.

Good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,704 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

45 with Kane captain. .. Dier my 2nd highest scorer with the points. 1s and 2s everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

wonski wrote: »
    If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.

otherwise known as the "no assist given for Deulofeu" rule

Advertisement