Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry's/PC World Sale.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    The Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ (1000W) is down to 99 in Currys.

Well worth the money. No comparison between it and the Breville one I got last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

I have a NutriNinja too - it's fab - and I would gladly recommend this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Techmaster wrote: »
    This is the exact model I have. Fantastic bit of kit. Its €19.99 at Currys right now AFAIK which is a brilliant price.

€30 in letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭droidman123

Xcellor wrote: »
    I bought the lg tv. It has 2.

I suspect it has 1 on rear and 1 on side and whoever copied and pasted couldnt add.

Check model on LG website.

Thanks for that,I ended up getting the 43" 4k lg instead.will be here on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Thinking about getting the Ninja pro.

Is the Argos one the same as the currys one? it is 94e there

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=680562

It says 1000w like on the currys site but says 0.65 litre whereas currys is 0.7 litres

Just another Argos wrong description?

The EAN from Argos when i search says it is a BL480

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

moonboy52 wrote: »

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=680562

It says 1000w like on the currys site but says 0.65 litre whereas currys is 0.7 litres

Same one. Absolute bargain. Was 115 in Argos before Christmas then went up to 127 after. 99 was lowest I'd seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

it's not better than a Nutri Ninja. Anything under 800w is a waste of time if you want a good quality smoothie maker.

I have the Nutri Ninja with Auto-IQ (€120 in Woodies I think) and it's a 1000w. I've tried lower wattage(~400) and there is no comparison to the texture of the smoothie.

Have you tried both? I have never detected pieces of fruit in mine, smoothies are fab, the Kenwood is excellent in every way, in my opinion the Nutri Ninja is an overpriced gadget

bogman wrote: »
    Have you tried both? I have never detected pieces of fruit in mine, smoothies are fab, the Kenwood is excellent in every way, in my opinion the Nutri Ninja is an overpriced gadget

If you're talking about fruit only, then you probably won't notice a huge difference tbh. When you move on to including ice, veg (carrots, spinach, kale, celery etc.), nuts, seeds that are a lot tougher to break down then you can definitely notice a difference. There is absolutely no comparison between them.

For a normal banana based smoothie with yoghurt and strawberries, the kenwood is fine. But that's not where you see a difference.

Having tried both myself, I'd ask if you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Its far from smoothies ye were rared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    If you're talking about fruit only, then you probably won't notice a huge difference tbh. When you move on to including ice, veg (carrots, spinach, kale, celery etc.), nuts, seeds that are a lot tougher to break down then you can definitely notice a difference. There is absolutely no comparison between them.

For a normal banana based smoothie with yoghurt and strawberries, the kenwood is fine. But that's not where you see a difference.

Having tried both myself, I'd ask if you have?

Is it genuinely worth three to four times the price though? Just seems very pricey. I have the Kenwood Smoothie2Go too and it is genuinely fantastic. Never had an issue crushing ice with it either. I make my soup in it too.

• Advertisement

Techmaster wrote: »
    Is it genuinely worth three to four times the price though? Just seems very pricey. I have the Kenwood Smoothie2Go too and it is genuinely fantastic. Never had an issue crushing ice with it either. I make my soup in it too.

I'm not denying that the Kenwood is good value, for what it is. It does have limitations - there's a difference between crushing ice and obliterating it so your drink is just cold and not full of ice chips. Put a carrot in it and see how drinkable it is - or some kale, nuts, seeds etc.

If you want to make soups or a smoothie, the kenwood is a bargain. It all depends on what you want to use it for. Both are bargains, but are not in the same class when it comes to some things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Had the Kenwood Smoothie2go and Breville blend active before - the Nutri Ninja blows them away in terms of how smooth it the results are. As others have said its when you are adding spinach kale and the like it really does the job.

Got the 1000w Auto IQ one in Argos for €93. Love the Auto IQ it runs smart patterns to make sure everything hits the blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

wingnut wrote: »
    Had the Kenwood Smoothie2go and Breville blend active before - the Nutri Ninja blows them away in terms of how smooth it the results are. As others have said its when you are adding spinach kale and the like it really does the job.

Got the 1000w Auto IQ one in Argos for €93. Love the Auto IQ it runs smart patterns to make sure everything hits the blades.

Cheers for the recommendation wingnut.

I have a Breville too. It is perfectly fine but fancy an upgrade :)

Thinking about the €60 Aldi Slow Juicer they have on sale tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Bought the laptop in the op today. I would have preferred to get one with a 1080p screen like the Asus mentioned earlier but tbh there was very little difference side by side so the newer processor, battery life and fact that I've had decent experiences with HP machines swayed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

moonboy52 wrote: »

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/store...oductId=680562

Heres another option:

Nutri Ninja BL450UK

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/nutri-ninja-bl450uk

60 sterling use this code CATNNSLCJM to take a further 18 sterling off

Total: 42 sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Zurbaran wrote: »
    Bought the laptop in the op today. I would have preferred to get one with a 1080p screen like the Asus mentioned earlier but tbh there was very little difference side by side so the newer processor, battery life and fact that I've had decent experiences with HP machines swayed it.

Can't imagine that much extra battery life. It's just 4Wh more capacity and both processorshhave the same power consumption. Not worth the 15% extra cash.

Can't imagine that much extra battery life. It's just 4Wh more capacity and both processorshhave the same power consumption. Not worth the 15% extra cash.
    This one said up to 7.5 hours and the Asus said up to 4. Assuming they use similar means of testing that is just under a 90% difference. That minus the the extra resolution and plus the better spec elsewhere is worth the extra 15% for me.

I wouldn't ad my perception of reliability into that as I have no idea how much of a difference if any there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Zurbaran wrote: »
    This one said up to 7.5 hours and the Asus said up to 4. Assuming they use similar means of testing that is just under a 90% difference. That minus the the extra resolution and plus the better spec elsewhere is worth the extra 15% for me.

I wouldn't ad my perception of reliability into that as I have no idea how much of a difference if any there is.

The 7.5 hours is a lie. It's likely impossible unless you do absolutely nothing on it, have the screen dimmed and keep it in the fridge. Both i5 5200u and 6200u processors are rated the same (15W).
    On average they use 12.5W per hour for tasks. The Asus battery has 37Wh capacity and the HP has 41Wh. To me that's an extra 20-30 minutes on the HP machine versus the Asus. I'm not sure how the HP hopes to get 7.5 hours and would expect it to be around half that.
    The difference in CPU is minimal on benchmark tests although a significantly larger hard drive might be of interest to some (though I'm not sure why you'd risk filling up a 2TB hard drive though unless you've another 2TB external backup).

The 7.5 hours is a lie. It's likely impossible unless you do absolutely nothing on it, have the screen dimmed and keep it in the fridge. Both i5 5200u and 6200u processors are rated the same (15W).
    On average they use 12.5W per hour for tasks. The Asus battery has 37Wh capacity and the HP has 41Wh. To me that's an extra 20-30 minutes on the HP machine versus the Asus. I'm not sure how the HP hopes to get 7.5 hours and would expect it to be around half that.
    The difference in CPU is minimal on benchmark tests although a significantly larger hard drive might be of interest to some (though I'm not sure why you'd risk filling up a 2TB hard drive though unless you've another 2TB external backup).
    I haven't run out of battery yet as I charged it when there was about 30% left but I must have had the screen on for 5 hours at that stage with the screen at 40% brightness.

I see your point about battery size but there's more to it than that in phones as some get far better endurance out of the same size battery and screen combination. Why would Asus under sell how long there's would last? Makes no sense.

I imagine bigger battery, cooling, how efficient the screen is and newer processor is why it lasts so much longer

• Advertisement
Advertisement