Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry's/PC World Sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

PHILIPS HD9230/20 Viva Airfryer - Ink Black - 120 EUR

[www].currys.ie/Product/philips-hd923020-viva-airfryer-ink-black/322950/396.2.9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'm half tempted by this Toshiba laptop. Curries, €729.

Any opinions as to value? Specs seem good to me but I'm no expert.

Only available in white though, is this a reason it's on sale? No-demand for white lappies?

http://www.pcworld.ie/product/satellite-l50c22l-156-laptop-white/329021/396.0.0#details

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fierce expensive for what it is. Amazon and other English retails will give you much better specs for your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

tippman1 wrote: »
    I'm half tempted by this Toshiba laptop. Curries, €729.

Any opinions as to value? Specs seem good to me but I'm no expert.

Only available in white though, is this a reason it's on sale? No-demand for white lappies?

http://www.pcworld.ie/product/satellite-l50c22l-156-laptop-white/329021/396.0.0#details

That's not on sale. Same spec Asus for €495 in Currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

BOSCH Power II TDA5620GB Steam Iron - Grey & Black - €34.99
    [www].currys.ie/Product/bosch-power-ii-tda5620gb-steam-iron-grey-and-black/299103/408.15

BOSCH Tassimo Suny TAS3205GB Hot Drinks Machine - Pacific Blue - €59.99
    [www].currys.ie/Product/bosch-tassimo-suny-tas3205gb-hot-drinks-machine-pacific-blue/326800/396.2.13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

I picked up a nutri ninja today. On the sign said it was 169 down to 100 now. Very powerful 1000w . Think it's good value for what it is.

Barr wrote: »
    I picked up a nutri ninja today. On the sign said it was 169 down to 100 now. Very powerful 1000w . Think it's good value for what it is.

It's like buying an iPhone for the Apple logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Barr wrote: »

What pray tell is a Nutri Ninja - a childs toy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Barr wrote:

Got one from santa, dead handy.. Only problem is it sounds like a jet engine.. It's a great way to wake up the house in the morn.. And the neighbours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

What pray tell is a Nutri Ninja - a childs toy ?

Its a smoothie maker and the kids love them which is a bonus.

I would highly recommend it after using it today.

Techmaster wrote: »
    It's like buying an iPhone for the Apple logo.

No idea what you mean by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's overpriced. Much better\similar blenders for lower prices.

I assume that's what he meant, not my opinion. Blenders would not be my thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

Sounds like someone is drinking bitter smoothies all right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Patww79 wrote: »

Kenwood SB054 300w Smoothie to Go €27.99 in Argos, no bits, simple as, brilliant piece of kit...
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4238603/Trail/searchtext%3EKENWOOD+BLENDER.htm

58-4238603SSUC1635925X.jpg

Anyone help looking for a good value HD tv around 48-50" with a few HDMI slots and USB3 connectivity, LG or Sony might be best ? not looking for 4K type, thanks...

bogman wrote: »
    Kenwood SB054 300w Smoothie to Go €27.99 in Argos, no bits, simple as, brilliant piece of kit...
    http://http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4238603/Trail/searchtext%3EKENWOOD+BLENDER.htm

58-4238603SSUC1635925X.jpg

Anyone help looking for a good value HD tv around 48-50" with a few HDMI slots and USB3 connectivity, LG or Sony might be best ? not looking for 4K type, thanks...

This is the exact model I have. Fantastic bit of kit. Its €19.99 at Currys right now AFAIK which is a brilliant price.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

This is the exact model I have. Fantastic bit of kit. Its €19.99 at Currys right now AFAIK which is a brilliant price.

Showing as €29.99 on currys website, is it cheaper instore?

TriStar6 wrote: »
    Showing as €29.99 on currys website, is it cheaper instore?

Yep, one cup version is €19.99 in the Cork store. No clearance tag so probably in other stores too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Apologies for the wording of my comment. Not sure why you think I'm a 'weirdo' though. :rolleyes:

Maybe it wasn't understood as they do buy iPhones for the logo :)

It was a clear analogy to me. Lots of people buying the trendy ninja when cheaper alternatives with the same or better wattage are available for over 60% less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Maybe it wasn't understood as they do buy iPhones for the logo :)

It was a clear analogy to me. Lots of people buying the trendy ninja when cheaper alternatives with the same or better wattage are available for over 60% less.

I think the current branded favourite is probably the nutribullet, not the ninja. Ninja is lower priced with better reviews and higher wattage so the iPhone comparison really doesn't hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

I got this PC that op advertised, white, looks great and so far so good for that money, plus used allinone cards I got for Christmas so I'm happy : ) plus will sell my now old laptop so turned out great
    Ok integrated graphic card and no SSD but then this price would not be possible..
    So thanks OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

5star02707 wrote: »

Went to Pc world in Galway to get this today but none in stock, said there was 3 in currys. So I went over there and it was mad busy, waited around for 30 minutes to get served no joy, so reserved it online and came back only to be told they have none in stock, even though it shows three on there system. Back to the drawing board now to find another decent nice looking laptop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4238603/Trail/searchtext%3EKENWOOD+BLENDER.htm

msd

Cheers just picked it up, great price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

etxp wrote: »
    Went to Pc world in Galway to get this today but none in stock, said there was 3 in currys. So I went over there and it was mad busy, waited around for 30 minutes to get served no joy, so reserved it online and came back only to be told they have none in stock, even though it shows three on there system. Back to the drawing board now to find another decent nice looking laptop!

or you could make a reservation for another shop and chose a delivery option instead of pick-up?

(ive been told in jervis sc on sunday that they have about 30 more in stock..)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

etxp wrote: »

Harvey Norman will price match it if there's one near you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Xcellor

You definitly sure about that? If that is correct i would consider buying it for sure.i checked it on amazon and it said it only had one hdmi port,in the reviews most people said it was a great tv but for the one hdmi port

I bought the lg tv. It has 2.

I suspect it has 1 on rear and 1 on side and whoever copied and pasted couldnt add.

Check model on LG website.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Just curious here, are you saying that this blender is as good or better than the Nutri Ninja, or that its just a good deal for the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Catmologen wrote: »
    Just curious here, are you saying that this blender is as good or better than the Nutri Ninja, or that its just a good deal for the money?

it's not better than a Nutri Ninja. Anything under 800w is a waste of time if you want a good quality smoothie maker.

I have the Nutri Ninja with Auto-IQ (€120 in Woodies I think) and it's a 1000w. I've tried lower wattage(~400) and there is no comparison to the texture of the smoothie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

it's not better than a Nutri Ninja. Anything under 800w is a waste of time if you want a good quality smoothie maker.

I have the Nutri Ninja with Auto-IQ (€120 in Woodies I think) and it's a 1000w. I've tried lower wattage(~400) and there is no comparison to the texture of the smoothie.

The Nutri Ninja with Auto IQ (1000W) is down to 99 in Currys.

Advertisement