Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You can never fail if you are determined to succeed.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

Don't know if anyone is reading this ahahaha but thanks to all that read this log over the year xx I appreciate it so much, honestly.

I came out so upset this morning after opening my envelope but sure it is what it is. To even get this far is an achievement and even though I thought I was an absolute failure this morning it turns out I'm not and I really shouldn't be bringing myself down like that.

I got 405 which is a good 30 points up from my mocks which isn't too bad.

English - B2
    Irish - B1
    French - B1
    History - C1
    Biology- D2
    German - B3
    Maths - D1

Hoping to continue my love of languages in university, God willing.

Hope everyone is happy! God bless and thank ye.

"Vous ne pouvez jamais échouer si vous êtes déterminer à réussir." Remember that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

siebey123 wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone is reading this ahahaha but thanks to all that read this log over the year xx I appreciate it so much, honestly.

I came out so upset this morning after opening my envelope but sure it is what it is. To even get this far is an achievement and even though I thought I was an absolute failure this morning it turns out I'm not and I really shouldn't be bringing myself down like that.

English - B2
    Irish - B1
    French - B1
    History - C1
    Biology- D2
    German - B3
    Maths - D1

"Vous ne pouvez jamais échouer si vous êtes déterminer à réussir." Remember that!

I truly think it's a blessing in disguise that you didn't get what you need for nursing. I was considering maybe doing theoretical physics at TCD even though my passion is literature and I got enough points to do it but my C1 in maths is below the required B3 and now I'm really ****ing glad it is. Don't do a degree just because others tell you it'll make you money or make them proud. As you said, you're linguistic as **** so be a linguist/translator/etc! I'd rather be a translator in Paris than a nurse in a pissy geriatric home anyday:D

Well done, Siebey!

TSMGUY wrote: »

English - B2
    Irish - B1
    French - B1
    History - C1
    Biology- D2
    German - B3
    Maths - D1

"Vous ne pouvez jamais chouer si vous tes d terminer r ussir." Remember that!

I truly think it's a blessing in disguise that you didn't get what you need for nursing. I was considering maybe doing theoretical physics at TCD even though my passion is literature and I got enough points to do it but my C1 in maths is below the required B3 and now I'm really ****ing glad it is. Don't do a degree just because others tell you it'll make you money or make them proud. As you said, you're linguistic as **** so be a linguist/translator/etc! I'd rather be a translator in Paris than a nurse in a pissy geriatric home anyday:D

Well done, Siebey!

TSMGUY to the rescue! Thank you so much. Even my English teacher thinks it's a blessing in disguise when I was talking to her about it. I had some more deep thinking today and yes languages really does seem like the way forward. Can't wait to study French, German and Spanish at a higher level :) I wish you the best with English at Cambridge and well done on your amazing results!!

Thank you so much :D

Suppose I should update this! I got an A2 in French (through appeal process) and I got offered my dream course! I really wasn't enjoying the course I was offered in August, so it came as a shock, but very grateful nonetheless :)

- Jeremiah 29:11. Best of luck to the 2017 students!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Suppose I should update this! I got an A2 in French (through appeal process) and I got offered my dream course! I really wasn't enjoying the course I was offered in August, so it came as a shock, but very grateful nonetheless :)

Fair play to you siebey! Best of luck to you with college.

• Advertisement

Fair play to you siebey! Best of luck to you with college.
    Thank you so so much! :)

Advertisement