Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You can never fail if you are determined to succeed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

Irish history revised again - need to get working on essays!

Mirror and Poppies in July revised, more poetry tomorrow and need to revise Comparative urgentlyyyyy

Outlined GV&V for myself. Need to look into it in detail urgently.
    Practiced applied German grammar questions.

Just so much homework!

Revised background of Stalin's Show Trials and wrote notes/sample mini essay on why Nuremberg was chosen for the Rallies. Revised Yeats's evocative imagery, his personal reflection and public commentary.

Today God willing: Characters in Oisin for Irish and summary for Dís. The King's Speech - cultural context notes. Trig for Maths.

German grammar revised!! Finally understand subordinating conjunctions and the Dativ, Nominativ and Akkusativ cases. Did revision notes on racism and fashion for French. Revised short definitions for ecology, DNA & RNA and Genetics. Realllly need to get Irish history done, Comparative notes written up and Irish Prós learned!

Not going to lie, today has been a tough one. I seriously need to keep on reminding myself that I have done enough, even when it doesn't look/feel that I have.

Today: Relationships revised for The Great Gatsby and social class revised for The Uncommon Reader (CC).

Journal Intime revised for French. Durcan poetry notes highlighted and looked over. Did a French Oral on the topic of "Après Le Bac" and really need to brushen up on my oral communication.

King Lear: "Evil is terrifyingly portrayed in the play King Lear" sample answer planned out and will finish that God willing tomorrow.

"If you stress, you've already failed." - My mama and "The God I serve is bigger than the problems I encounter."

I will be successful IJN amen!!

Hope you all had a good day and keep working hard, the benefits will be tremendous.

• Advertisement

Yesterday:
    Human Reproductive System notes (male reproductive system)
    Johnson and Vietnam covered for History (remind me to never ever begin studying for this subject two weeks beforehand)
    Nervous system notes looked over again.
    And just lots of homework blahhh.

Today so far: Female reproductive system notes (just a little)

2 day plan: Social class key moments for each of my comparative texts.
    2) Detante revision for History
    3) English: different types of language revision notes and to do a sample unseen poetry question. Also start reading more!!!!!!

4) Géibheann and Caca Milís. Also really need to revise my scéal and litirs/riomhphost for Irish.

And study for my German oral!

This stuff is nearly over, can't wait until the mocks are no more. We're nearly there guys :)

Yesterday: rest day.

Today so far: Biology exam questions 2005, 2015, 2014 (mixture of short and long Qs) done.

Currently: revising La Drogue for French.

Later on: School and area vocab for German. English: King Lear notes (villainous and virtuous characters)
    And Irish: Caca Milís.

Yesterday: US foreign policies revised for History. Stalin Show Trials notes written up (finally!!!)

French opinion pieces revised and Journal Intime: Des Phrases Utiles II revised. German picture story #3 revised and roleplay #4.

Today:
    English English English. Revised argumentative writing and how to identify it. Also covered persuasive writing and phrases associated with it. Jotted down notes on topical issues just to keep myself aware and updated. They'll be handy soon one day I hope IJN!

Reaaaaaally need to revise the themes of Love and Evil in King Lear and Durcan poetry. Urgently need to revise Irish history and Irish poems.

First hurdle is over next week. Let's do this

Emigration, Immigration, Homelessness, Friendship and Holidays revised for French. Need to do more on drugs and alcohol + two reading comprehensions.

Tomorrow: have have have to revise Cumann na nGaedheal and Irish litir/blag (this will be grand). Also need to practice writing a short story.

Revised - Is King Lear a tragic hero? And wrote out notes for different styles of writing and how to identify them.

• Advertisement

Yesterday: Evil is frighteningly portrayed in "King Lear". Discuss. Learned off quotes for this also.

Studied topics of technology and healthy eating for German. Practiced composition writing for Eng p1.

Only 6 more days then mid term break!

I am so tired man

Today: CC and key moments for role of women and how the CC effects expectations

Read over a Yeats poem

Revised Cornwall, Oswald, Cordelia, Animal Imagery and Violence & Suffering in King Lear

Technology revised again for German and refugee crisis notes learned off.

Maths strand 4 algebra revised and questions practised.

Irish litir and riomhphost revised.

Nearly there.

Yeats, Bishop, Durcan revised

Goneril, Regan, Cordelia revised again

Animal imagery for Lear and symbolism notes written up

Irish litir practised again

4 more days.

History - all three case studies revised. Need to revise trig for maths and just paper 1 in general

Revised over Johnson and Vietnam and Irish governments 1949-1959 for History. Also looked over Cumann na nGaedheal

Completely off topic, but wow this stuff is hard. I find myself so upset every morning just thinking about school and I'd imagine it's the same for quite a lot of LC'ers. Just thinking back to when my German teacher advised me and told me to "keep a calm head. It's so important to keep a calm head." And it just dawned on me how important that really is. Like, if you stress what's the point? Honestly.

My mum also motivated me so much this morning to take it easy and she's so right.

Just thinking...

Back in focus tonight.

Mocks are doneeeeee!

Lymphatic system, human nutrition, blood circulatory system revised

Did 2 straith pictuirí

Yesterday: did some work for RSR. French verbs and tenses practiced.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GeneralSherman

I hope you are taking a break... sounds like you need to recharge the batteries a bit. It's a long time until June, this is a marathon and not a sprint. You need to schedule down time into your timetable just the same as any mock question/subject.

I hope you are taking a break... sounds like you need to recharge the batteries a bit. It's a long time until June, this is a marathon and not a sprint. You need to schedule down time into your timetable just the same as any mock question/subject.

Honestly, you are so right. I've been feeling absolutely exhausted lately, but sometimes when I sit around doing nothing I feel like a mess and super unproductive. Even looking at this thread you can see that the study is becoming less and less by the day. So so tired.
    I have so much time though until June, as you said, so I really will take a break, after all it is midterm.

As you said, it's a marathon not a sprint. Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 summer98

I'm just curious as to how you study English in general. Especially Lear! What notes do you use etc?

• Advertisement

summer98 wrote: »
    I'm just curious as to how you study English in general. Especially Lear! What notes do you use etc?

I use my Lear book (the one we use at school) for Lear notes. I highlight important things like quotes, write them up into a Lear copy and learn them :) For character, themes, motifs etc I write out whatever is in the book to make sure I remember it because I'm a visual learner.

I also use the "Keynotes" book - it's really good and exam-orientated. For poetry I also use Keynotes and write mind maps for each poem and I try to find links between them. Themes and style are the most important things I'd imagine. Most of the questions are based on that.

For the comparative I find key moments, make sure I learn the necessary quotes and links links links :) We've only really just started the comparative in class so I haven't really started writing proper notes yet :(

For paper 1 I just try my best to read as much as I can and make sure I'm up to date with current topics.

I hope that helped somehow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

siebey123 wrote: »
    I use my Lear book (the one we use at school) for Lear notes. I highlight important things like quotes, write them up into a Lear copy and learn them :) For character, themes, motifs etc I write out whatever is in the book to make sure I remember it because I'm a visual learner.

I also use the "Keynotes" book - it's really good and exam-orientated. For poetry I also use Keynotes and write mind maps for each poem and I try to find links between them. Themes and style are the most important things I'd imagine. Most of the questions are based on that.

For the comparative I find key moments, make sure I learn the necessary quotes and links links links :) We've only really just started the comparative in class so I haven't really started writing proper notes yet :(

For paper 1 I just try my best to read as much as I can and make sure I'm up to date with current topics.

I hope that helped somehow :)

Hi thinking about getting keynotes and wondering what are the comparative texts in it? Thanks

multimate wrote: »
    Hi thinking about getting keynotes and wondering what are the comparative texts in it? Thanks

The King's Speech, Foster and The Plough in Our Stars. Very comprehensive sample answers and it really shows you what is expected in an exam situation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Edrees98

Hello siebey,

I was wondering how your mocks went ?

Edrees98 wrote: »
    Hello siebey,

I was wondering how your mocks went ?

They were actually alright, not as daunting as I thought they would be :) Really exhausting though, felt so drained afterwards. I hope yours went well :)

Back and refreshed! Very happy. This week just went through Biology notes on reproductive system and did quite a bit of oral work. Covered myself, school, typical day and home for French oral. Went through 3 picture stories for Irish this week also :)

Got topic of school covered in German and studied the 3rd roleplay.

Revised 2 more sraiths

Studied Le Weekend for French

Sunday: 3rd German picture story questions studied. Irish picture story revised and "Nessa" quotes learned.

Yesterday: A lot of oral work. French: topic of career studied and family. Today God willing, I'll do Les Amis and La ville et la campagne. Practiced my pronunciation as well!

Got 2 German picture stories revised: 1 and 2 and got 1 roleplay studied. Learned possible questions for picture story 1 and revised topic of school rules and uniform once more just to get it into my head.

Managed to get Animal Imagery revised once more for Lear and Theme of Suffering and Violence was typed out.

Productive day :) By God's grace it'll continue to go like this.

Yesterday: French: Les Amis and a little bit on Le Weekend. Did half of a listening comprehension - haven't done them in so long! Too long!

Studied a bit of Literay Genre - finding it so much easier than the other two modes tbh

Irish oral revised

• Advertisement

Studied last German picture story
    Took down lots and lots of German and French vocab and plan on learning them this weekend. My vocab needs to improve.

French oral - La Maison, La Famille and Le Weekend covered. Need to refresh on career, typical day, school and past times.

Wrote up a lot of notes on Human Reproduction and wrote out list of all definitions. Now to learn!

Advertisement