Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You can never fail if you are determined to succeed.

Options
  • 19-12-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Love that quote.

Figured out this would be a brilliant way to keep track of my revision up until the exams, and to prove to myself that I am indeed doing something, so here we go.

Today (Saturday)

Did the 2009 French Listening comprehension.
    Have to write up notes on Fungi for Biology and practice some exam questions.
    Have to write up notes on Imagery for King Lear and write up useful quotes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

Got a nice few Biology exam questions done and completed notes on Yeasts and Fungi. Currently writing up King Lear notes for Characterisation Through Imagery. Feeling productive woooo!

Yesterday (Sunday): practiced German and French pronunciation.
    King Lear: Animal Imagery and theme of violence.
    German: notes on healthy eating.

Today:
    Biology: The Lymphatic System notes and 2014 exam question on it.
    History: revision on Topic 3 (Act of Union and Unionism)
    Irish: Notes on Cacá Milís - Catherine.

Happy out today :)

Christmas break today!!! Proud of what I've achieved so far and IJN I will continue to work harder as we enter the holidays and the mock exams.

Today I plan on doing Caca Milís notes - Paul
    Poetry - Ní Chuilleanáin (sorry if I mispelled her surname)
    Maths - functions
    History - Nationalism on Topic 3.

Decided that I'm just too tired today so I only managed to write up notes on Cáca Milis - Paul. Suppose I'll just sleep for the rest of the day and continue tomorrow.

Revised Blood today for Biology and studied The Bend In The Road in depth for English. Back at it again tomorrow ☺️

• Advertisement

Revised "The Prodigal" by Elizabeth Bishop in depth yesterday.

This morning revised the rest of Monera and finalised my notes for Fungi. Also managed to study the structure of flowering plants. Just need to do exam questions on it and I'll be happy out. Did quick revision charts on Elizabeth Bishop and W.B Yeats for English. Quickly outlined the theme, tone, imagery, language, mood and effect for the six poems I've studied for both poets. I revised the Lake Isle of Innisfree and September 1913 in depth.

Wrote out notes for Viruses for bio also.

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a blessed day.

Rest day today

Revised the first 3 pictures of „Fahren Ohne Fahrkarte" for German oral. Wrote out question and answers to topic of "Myself" for German. Also revised 2 opinion pieces for French

Took a day off to re-energise.
    Plan for tomorrow:
    1 - Download French aural tapes 2014-2012 on my phone.
    2- Download German aural tape 2015.
    3 - King Lear - 2 themes.
    4- 2015 Irish listening comprehension and get grade. Write up vocab for every section.
    I'd be very happy if I got this complete.

"Il faut dépasser le but pour l'atteindre." Charles-Augustin Saint-Beuve.

"One must go beyond their goals in order to achieve them."

Noted down all the major events of 2015 in a 'Year in Review' this morning. Major help with English Paper 1.

Watched a video online on functions for maths. Completed several question and the 2013 P1 50 mark question on it.

Currently writing up notes for The Human Defence System for Biology right now and will do a few exam questions.

Woke up late today so didn't get much done, not very happy with today's progress. But it's still progress.

Tomorrow:

King Lear - One theme
    Irish listening 2015 comprehension and grade. Note down vocab.
    Photosynthesis revision for Bio and exam questions.
    History - Topic 3 - as much as I can do.

• Advertisement

Managed to push myself and get some extra notes down. Wrote out key vocab for the topic of pollution, friends and homelessness for French. Now just need to record the 2014 and 2013 French listening comprehension on my phone and I can call it a day.

Managed to push myself and get some extra notes down. Wrote out key vocab for the topic of pollution, friends and homelessness for French. Now just need to record the 2014 and 2013 French listening comprehension on my phone and I can call it a day.

"There is so substitute for hard work."

Managed to push myself and get some extra notes down. Wrote out key vocab for the topic of pollution, friends and homelessness for French. Now just need to download the 2014 and 2013 French listening comprehension on my phone and I can call it a day.

"There is so substitute for hard work."

Had no idea I had triple posted. And not able to delete it :/

Today:

The Human Defence System notes complete and got a start on The Nervous System. Must do exam questions on them and my revision is complete.

Downloaded 2012+SEC Sample Irish Listening Comprehensions onto my phone. Will listen, listen, listen as this helps me with vocab and keeps my ear trained. Did the same for French and downloaded 2011, 2010 and 2009. Just need to do it for German and print out the tapescripts for the listening comps and I'll be happy out.

Listened to French podcasts and took down quick phrases/sentences on terrorism/high security in Paris (read an article on it).

Very productive day!

Revised over ADP, ATP, NADP+, and NADPH today. Refreshed the idea of photosynthesis into my head.

Watched a maths video for differential calculus and practised some exam questions/sample questions.

Practiced French pronunciation of letter "r" and various other word endings. Realised that my pronunciation really needs some work for the French oral.

Looked over material for the Treaty for History.

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2016 is a blessed year for you all and I hope we all achieve our goals and dreams ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Consonata

What are you hoping to do in college?

Consonata wrote: »
    What are you hoping to do in college?

I've finally tied it down to General Nursing! What are you hoping for? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Consonata

siebey123 wrote: »
    I've finally tied it down to General Nursing! What are you hoping for? :D

Medicine, ambitious enough, and I'm getting scared by your preparations haha.

Consonata wrote: »
    Medicine, ambitious enough, and I'm getting scared by your preparations haha.

Best of luck!! You can achieve anything you set your mind to. Don't mind me at all, I'm just taking it day by day and not hitting my peak anytime soon, which I think is best. I truly hope you get Med!

Was reaalllly tired today to be honest. Christmas break is almost over! Did a German opinion piece and half of the 2001 mock paper. Seriously need to get my grammar for German up and start focusing on the roleplays for the oral!

English:

Looked over what exactly you need to do for a comparative answer - quite excited to get a start on these actually! Content with today.

Hope you all had a brilliant start to 2016!

• Advertisement

Rest day today :)

Was too tired to post yesterday! But I got French listening comprehensions downloaded on my phone (2001-2015) in full! Finally! Also started this thing where I record myself saying Biology notes onto my phone and I listen to them back. Never knew it could be so helpful! Will definitely be doing this with Respiration, Enzymes etc.

Also got Introduction to Photosynthesis and The Light Stage revised in full, with diagrams, everything. Did the 2015 question on Photosynthesis and other questions on The Scientific Method and Ecology. Also managed to get Picture Story #5 revised for German (In der Jugendherberge ist es besser). Productive day and happy.

School tomorrow, just gotta take things easy and remember the importance of breaks. Have a good day guys :)

Today:

At long last I got a book for my history project! Need to get started on the evaluation of sources asap!

German 2001 Letter done, second opinion piece complete. Half of Text II finished and first section of applied grammar done. Need to brush up on verbs, tenses, conjunctions, nouns, seriously! 😅

Revised over Le Journal Intime: Des Phrases Utiles I. Nice to get the little useful sentences back into my head again. I absolutely love French, just ahhh it's such a lovely language. German is cool also hehe

Watched crash course videos for biology: respiration, the human defence system and like 2 minutes of the endocrine system because we haven't covered it in class yet. I'm actually in love with Human Biology it's not even funny! Love studying it so much aha

Finally got around to King Lear. Typed out notes on Animal Imagery as revision and got theme of Violence down now. Tomorrow, or at least by the end of this week, I need to go over the minor characters: Cornwall, Albany, The Fool etc and poetry! Plath Plath Plathhhh

Christmas break is officially over and I really proved to myself that if I work hard and stay determined I can get anything done. I hope you all had an amazing break and I wish everyone the best as we head into the new term! Only half a year and it's all done forever!!

First day back to school today and we got a lot of homework, not going to lie. But most of it is revision so that's cool.

Today: covered "Sestina" by Bishop briefly, revised over Operation Rolling Thunder for History very very quickly. Did 2015 Bio Q6+7 short questions as revision for viruses and DNA isolation experiment.

Did an answer on The Fool for "King Lear" for homework, but it really helped as revision so I'm counting it hehe

Also revised Irish comhra as homework, but really good to get the basics back into my head again.

Good first day back :)

Revision done for "Filling Station" by Elizabeth Bishop and highlighted key notes for "First Death in Nova Scotia." Also managed to get an opening paragraph revised for a "is Lear a tragic hero?" question.

Studied a French opinion piece and noted down new phrases for the opinion section.

Did edits and some extra research for my history project. Just need to put it all together and get my evaluation of sources & review complete.

This was done above a busy day of homework, so I'm happy :)

I also caught myself thinking about CAO stuff during school and I realised I really really want to go into a social-based area. Like an area where I'm directly in contact with people and I managed to think of a few extra courses in addition to the ones I have in mind already.

Hope everyone's first few days back were good :) Friday tomorrow!

Revised a bit more of "why the audience should sympathise with King Lear.'' Highlighted key terms for Excretion and Animal Nutrition. Highlighted Fianna Fáil Notes for History and read through them. Also planned 2015 P1 Composition.

Grind is back on tomorrow!

Just back from revision. Did mind plans on Homeostasis and Excretion and more Animal Nutrition. Started an actual revision answer on The Transformation Of Albany for Lear. Rest of the day will be spent writing up an English essay and doing a few questions for homework.

Hope you all have a blessed day :)

Revised notes for 2012 French opinion piece. Today was spent just doing homework. Back on it again tomorrow!

Revised some important definitions for The Human Defence System.

The amount of homework today was actually insane! Just need to keep a calm head and remind myself that I can do this.

Studied the theme of sadness in Oisin and theme of anger & characters in Dís

• Advertisement

Yesterday: too much homework, but most was revision based so that okay.

Today: German 1-3 Roleplays. Sailing to Byzantium revised briefly.
    Irish Civil War revisied.

Need to keep on reminding myself that I can do this :)

Advertisement