Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating oil promo code Topoil

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

Val19 for €20 off 500 litres. Valid 'til 16th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Eireann81 wrote: »
    Val19 for €20 off 500 litres. Valid 'til 16th Feb

I just checked and interestingly the price has gone up €10 since yesterday for 500l for me in Carlow. So with this code it comes in at the same price as using winter19 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Dddxxxxxxx

Site won't let me delete it either. Phone in the pocket, could have done worse damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

RossieMan wrote: »
    Dddxxxxxxx

Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

RossieMan wrote:
    Dddxxxxxxx

Where did you get that code ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

vicwatson wrote: »
    Once again, the best starting point when looking for oil is www.cheapestoil.ie - take it from there

Sometimes the likes of TOP's prices only come into line with other sellers after their voucher has been allocated, which is crap really.

There was a price up on cheapestoil for 3 days at X for 1000 litres.
    I confirmed price yesterday. I’ll pay when it gets here. They filled it up and charged mrs Silver x plus 30 euro.

I rang them blindly and asked how much was the oil and was told X it’s been like for that a few days.
    Then how come I was charged X plus 30 this morning.
    Err, emmmm it was that price yesterday.
    No it wasn’t. I double checked yesterday and only ordered off you cos it was that price for last 3 days at least.
    Oh sorry We’ll issue a refund it’ll take a few days.

Double check what you’re being charged.

If I don’t get the refund we’ll start naming. Never had that anywhere before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭mikeecho

So.. you depended on a 3rd party website for pricing, rather that the oil suppliers website or phone quote....

You've only yourself to blame., Unless you actually confirmed it with the oil delivery company., And ordered with them the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mikeecho wrote: »
    So.. you depended on a 3rd party website for pricing, rather that the oil suppliers website or phone quote....

You've only yourself to blame., Unless you actually confirmed it with the oil delivery company., And ordered with them the same time.

The third party website gets the price from the supplier so it’s accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

you missed the bit where I said.....

"I confirmed price yesterday. "

Yesterday, the conversation went
    "Hi I seen you have a 1000 litres for X, can you confirm"
    "Yes, thats right, thats the price"
    "great, happy to order so"

If it was a simple pricing error I could deal with it, but it wasnt, they defended the overcharging saying price only changed this morning it couldnt have been X the day before. Spoofing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

you missed the bit where I said.....

"I confirmed price yesterday. "

Yesterday, the conversation went
    "Hi I seen you have a 1000 litres for X, can you confirm"
    "Yes, thats right, thats the price"
    "great, happy to order so"

If it was a simple pricing error I could deal with it, but it wasnt, they defended the overcharging saying price only changed this morning it couldnt have been X the day before. Spoofing.

Was charged €20 above quoted price by my regular supplier in November rang them up and they sorted it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

RossieMan wrote: »
    Dddxxxxxxx
    This for top cant get it too work?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

irishgeo wrote: »
    This for top cant get it too work?

SAVE20 works.

seligehgit wrote:
    SAVE20 works.

He was trying to be funny. You'll find he failed massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Any Valid codes going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

john_doe. wrote: »
    Any Valid codes going ?

I used WINTER19 and got €11 off 500 litres could also have got €12 off 600 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

SAVE20 - still ok in Sligo.

john_doe. wrote: »
    Any Valid codes going ?

Winter19 valid until March 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Paul Pogba

Green19 valid until Monday €20 off 500L

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Save20 worked for me. Actually, it was cheaper to order two lots of 500l rather than 1000l

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

vicwatson wrote: »
    Winter19 valid until March 24th

still works for a tenner off 500l in Cork

still works for a tenner off 500l in Cork

Yeh valid until March 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I used TOP a lot, but for my last few fills I've used a different supplier, as they were cheaper, even when the TOP promo code was taken into consideration.

Also, TOP only apply the lower rate to orders of 1000L+ , my other supplier applies the lower price to 700L+

It pays to shop around.

I used TOP a lot, but for my last few fills I've used a different supplier, as they were cheaper, even when the TOP promo code was taken into consideration.

Also, TOP only apply the lower rate to orders of 1000L+ , my other supplier applies the lower price to 700L+

It pays to shop around.

100% agreed. always check www.cheapestoil.ie first as sometimes top are the vouchers worth or more above the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Texoil currently charging €350 for 500L in Cork per ad on back of Cork Independent. You need to order before March 27th and quote the work Cork. They have a simmilar offer for 300L.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Mayo here. Just thought I'd add my two cents. Texoil in Ballina is €350 per 500l, while I received another quote of €375 from a competitor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Slightly off topic but cheapestoil.ie is definitely useful as a reference but absolutely confirm prices before committing; 2 out of 3 I called this morning were more expensive (one of which had apparently been updated this morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

A few weeks ago I was shopping around for best value for Home Heating Oil delivery to Cork. I came across website: www.cheapestoil.ie and it's a useful guide resource but they do not include all suppliers prices. Top Oil often have promotions but like some have said earlier in this thread, even when you factor in the Top Oil promotion code, the discounted price quoted online even AFTER the promo code is processed- the end price can often be unattractive if you have bothered to get a few alternative quotes from other suppliers beforehand. The cheapest quote I was able to get on 14/03/2019 was from AMBER and I decided to ring them for a promotion code and they gave me AMB500L which gave me 10.00EUR Off. The thing was AMBER were already the cheapest quote @ 432.00EUR so; I was getting an additional 10EUR OFF meaning we only had to pay 422.00EUR on an order for 600Litres of Kerosene delivered on 14th March last. "AMB500L" on the Amber oil website is worth checking. Another firm Dan Oil in Cork (I think they are agents for Morris Oil) were competitive last year although; Dan Oil are not displayed on www.cheapestoil.ie comparison website. Always wise to shop around if you have a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Wouldn’t touch Amber. Especially at the pumps in town. They are cheaper for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

jntsnk wrote: »
    Wouldn’t touch Amber. Especially at the pumps in town. They are cheaper for a reason.

I've used Amber fuel pumps over the years when passing their forecourts - mainly used petrol although I am now using a diesel vehicle for the last while. I have never discovered had any negative issues afterwards thank God. I've heard of some motorists in the past having issues but I'm not sure if it was the same supply firm you referenced.

In the event that anyone has discovered that a fuel delivery was found to be contaminated, please find the below link for guidance and advice:

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/cars/contaminated-fuel/

Advertisement