Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Sphero BB-8 Droid (50% Off)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Want to say a big thanks to SteM for sending me on his BB8 after mine got cancelled even though I was one of the first to order.

Absolute gent !! Posted yesterday and had resigned myself to not getting it before Christmas but the postman arrived with it today so it was a lovely surprise.

Great job on the wrapping too !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

Just had a look of what it does on this youtude vid. To be honest I wouldnt pay more than €50, it doesnt do much and I'd say most people would get bored with it really quick!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM9llwGSSdI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

liam24 wrote: »
    Just had a look of what it does on this youtude vid. To be honest I wouldnt pay more than €50, it doesnt do much and I'd say most people would get bored with it really quick!

BOooooooooo ;)

28rfomt.jpg

Thanks to a lovely woman on adverts, i have a bb-8

She won it in from arnotts Sunday and sold it on to me for 100 euro... ok its more than 79 but i'm delighted with it :)

Im too excited to read about setting it up...

What do i do when i unbox? I've downloaded the sphero app....

Happy holidays everyone!

Cheers,
    Mick
    You'll need the app to wake it. Put it on your chasrger and it will do a firmware update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Be honest you would pay €72.50 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

If it had a camera in it, yeah I would buy it at €72.50!

If it had a camera in it, yeah I would buy it at €72.50!

Jesus your not looking for much for €72.50.

A free roam robot that can be manually controlled via Bluetooth using a smart phone app with built in gyroscopes and magnet technology.

A robot that can light up, make sound and play holographs using the app. With conductive charging capabilities. All from one of one of the biggest movie franchises ever made and licenced by Disney.

Sure let's through a camera in there as well !!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

In fairness, a camera would have been epic on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

antodeco wrote: »
    In fairness, a camera would have been epic on it!

Anyone else have trouble with firmware update? Mine ran to 99% then sort of froze.. Kids awake since 430 too tired to investigate further

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Opened mine this morning, great fun. =D

372632.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyone else have trouble with firmware update? Mine ran to 99% then sort of froze.. Kids awake since 430 too tired to investigate further

Just rebooted phone and all good... He freaking out the dog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Opened mine this morning, great fun. =D

attachment.php?attachmentid=372632&d=1451029136

Don't know how to break it to you. But it looks like you got a lemon.

Jet Black wrote: »
    Don't know how to break it to you. But it looks like you got a lemon.

Looks more like an orange to me :)

Looks more like an orange to me :)

You beat me to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"Pipped at the post" you might say..

Beep beep boop

BB8 has crashed into the Christmas Tree and chased both dogs around the house.

BEST CHRISTMAS EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭brevity

brevity wrote: »

This works great for anyone planning on creating programs for bb8

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Thanks for this thread op, mine arrived on Monday and went down a treat today! Great bargain

So my OH didn't manage to get one for me, so I'm glad I picked this up for myself. Even though I've had it a few days, only opened it now (once I knew there wasn't one under the tree!).

He's charging away there and firmware updated. One thing I will say, he's bloody tiny! I knew he was going to be small, but he's very small!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I'm still tempted at 160+ as I have a €100 one 4all. If it just had one light and made droid noises itself then ìd pull the trigger right now

Ive been playing with mine all evening. Some great fun with it. I keep getting people to ask it questions and I'm getting BB8 to either nod or shake his head. They think it's great.

I've downloaded SPRK Labs to start writing self programs for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

antodeco wrote:
    He's charging away there and firmware updated. One thing I will say, he's bloody tiny! I knew he was going to be small, but he's very small!

I've been using mine for about a week now and although it's small, I think they got the perfect size on it. If it was bigger, I don't think it would've been able to maneuver as well as it does now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Would yis feck off singing it's merits - it's bad enough I missed out on it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

antodeco wrote:
    Ive been playing with mine all evening. Some great fun with it. I keep getting people to ask it questions and I'm getting BB8 to either nod or shake his head. They think it's great.

If you voice activate it in the settings, you can ask it questions such as "what do you think?" and it will answer with a bunch of adorable noises!

I had to put mine away, it couldn't get around all the kids toys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I hope they start selling these soon (unless someone here with a 3d printer wants to print them off and sell them on adverts)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:433763

Next thing we need is for BB-8 to automatically go up the ramp to the charging station when it's running low on battery. Perhaps you can tell him to "go home" and it goes up to the charging station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

The wife gave me a lovely surprise by handing me one of these yesterday morning, isn't she great! I got to mess around with it a little bit but there were too many people/obstacles. It is pretty impressive tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Great fun was had yesterday with this in the short time I got to use it. Not so much fun for the dog when he set eyes on it, he couldn't get out of the room quick enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Anyone discovered any hidden tips or tricks yet?

My two kids are amazed at bb8 answering questions, hopefully they keep supporting him with regular updates .

Advertisement