Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Sphero BB-8 Droid (50% Off)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

What discounts? Showing as 175 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Add to basket then use NEWSLETTER5 and WELCOME10 as promo codes

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

Out for delivery between 1:29 & 2:29 very specific window. Like a child waiting for santa aka the delivery man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

epopnomis wrote: »
    Wonder if keeping this unopened as a collectable would be worth it long term...

You wanna be looking at this thing in it's box for the next few years? As Darth Vader said to Frodo in the Chamber of Secrets, "Resistance is Futile!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Tomek the driver is on his way apparently, with a 30min delivery window.... sceitimini athais, tis like being a kid at Christmas again :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mine arrived. Woooooooooooooooo!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Peter is on his way!

Peter is on his way!
    Seems lik a very personal service with names and specific windows doesn't it? Could we request that they have the theme tune blaring in the van as they pull up I wonder?

DO DO DO DOO DAH DOO DOO, DOO DOO DOO

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Got mine last night. Dark side wants me to open it now, Force wants me to wait till Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hopefully your postman doesn't adopt this approach...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Where are you getting the specific delivery times? Mine only says out for delivery?

BB8 is going through some kinda self calibration right now in his charger. Or he's having some sort of robot trip.
    Lots of light flashing and head movement.

barneyrub wrote: »
    Where are you getting the specific delivery times? Mine only says out for delivery?
    Text and email from DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Saw the new Star wars movie last night and so glad I bought this now, bb-8 is one of the highlights of the movie. Mine is on his way but won't get to see him till Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Mine is coming between 10 & 11. So excited and it's not even for me!! Think my fiance is going to be totally surprised that i bought this for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

I opted for click and collect in Grafton Street
    I only got a dispatch message, nothing to say it had been received, but went down last night and it was there waiting for me. (dispatch dated 17th said 2 working days)
    Very relieved to have it before Xmas

Just picked mine up in store :)

Thanks for this OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just arrived. Yay!! Thank you so much to the op. Brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bobby (Fett) supposedly arriving today at 2pm, sod waiting till 25th I'm opening mine today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭micks_address

still half hoping m and s will email me and say its ready for collection :)

unlikely as i got the cancellation email... the money is still pending on my card though.... miss of the century for me... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Collected 2 of them today!!

In the Christmas spirit I passed one onto a friend, they couldn't believe their look at that price. What a bargain.

Thanks Bargain Alert.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Tazium wrote: »
    Got mine last night. Dark side wants me to open it now, Force wants me to wait till Christmas day.

Open it, charge it, calibrate it, box it, wrap it And open on Christmas day.

I had to reschedule my delivery from today to tomorrow.
    I'm seeing Santa in rathdrum. Can I tell him I want a sphero for Christmas;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's happening!

GM6NvAM.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

bb8 is charging right now

Top tip - turn up the media volume of your phone - the droid does not make any noise itself, the phone app makes the noises.
    If you have your phone on silent you will be puzzled and disappointed until you realise your mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bobby has the run of the office... sent him out to explore and ended up wandering in the lesser-cleaned areas behind the desks!

Much amusement for all, although I wonder if there's a "BB-8 come home" command as we almost lost him :)

Got home from Santa to find my droid had landed :) now to charge it wwhn the kids are in bed tonight and wrap it up till Christmas . :)

I really hope the poor guy who made the mistake gets to keep his job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Mine arrived. Thanks op.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Bobby has the run of the office... sent him out to explore and ended up wandering in the lesser-cleaned areas behind the desks!

Much amusement for all, although I wonder if there's a "BB-8 come home" command as we almost lost him :)
    You called him "Bobby" the shame of it ;)

Do we now need a BB8 meet up?
    I wonder what would happen to a load of droids meeting up? Would they interact with each other?

• Advertisement

I wonder what would happen to a load of droids meeting up? Would they interact with each other?
    Let me push my geeks spectacles back up my nose here and say... zero interaction.

These work on BLE, bluetooth low energy, bluetooth smart, whatever they are calling it this week.
    The droids are peripheral devices only I'd imagine, they talk only to the phone that is connected to them each time you start the app. No communication with other droids. IMHO.

The practicalities of running several in the one area:
    BLE doesn't even "pair" like classic bluetooth, so I don't think there is any way to link your droid exclusively with your phone... droid X (if not currently connected to a phone) will connect with phone Y if it is nearby and has the app trying to connect.
    It does look like they reduce the power of the bluetooth radio for the connection process, so you do have to be quite close. Good idea, as if there were several BB8s in the vicinity you would have no control of which one you connected to otherwise.

From my initial experiments at least.

Advertisement