Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Sphero BB-8 Droid (50% Off)

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Anyone discovered any hidden tips or tricks yet?

Not really hidden but if you go into "Drive" mode, in the settings there you can actually control the maximum speed of the droid.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

Anyone discovered any hidden tips or tricks yet?

My two kids are amazed at bb8 answering questions, hopefully they keep supporting him with regular updates .

The most impressive thing for me is using bb8 in conjunction with the Tickle app (mentioned already by Paddyfagan so credit where it's due). You can change the colour of the internal LED, program a sequence of commands, use your smartphone's accelerometer to control it etc. While the official app is slick and fun Tickle really demonstrates what's going on inside bb8 - interesting stuff and educational for kids/adults alike!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

My bad - thanks Arciphel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

That's not the Sphero toy :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

This could be good for any of those that missed out on BB-8, featured deal on Amazon at the moment:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N2XS4AK

It's an off-road version... with no Star Wars references (or head that comes off when he goes under a cabinet!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi-5hbaGmuQ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

my niece fell in love with my bb8 and was annoyed that she didn't have enough money to buy one (cheapest price at the moment 120) so i asked her if she had got any christmas money
    she had €80 so i told her i'd sell her mine for €70 and she was delighted
    i then took out my original series toys to play with so i wouldn't miss him too much
    she's really into the new stasr wars like i never saw with the generations that saw the prequels so i'm happy the magic has continued

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johemian

Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy the BB-8 sphero now? I just see it at€170/€180.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

give it a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I actually think I'm gonna sell this on - it's a cool piece of kit but I'm not sure I'll bother messing around with it much in the future and I hate to think of such good tech going to waste. If anyone is still looking for this maybe keep an eye out on Adverts or PM me, will be undercutting other sellers what with the great bargain we got!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Selling it for a profit? I don't think you'll be making any fans here with that statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

ionapaul wrote: »
    I actually think I'm gonna sell this on - it's a cool piece of kit but I'm not sure I'll bother messing around with it much in the future and I hate to think of such good tech going to waste. If anyone is still looking for this maybe keep an eye out on Adverts or PM me, will be undercutting other sellers what with the great bargain we got!

Youve got mail ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Anyone get the app update yesterday?

My son loves me allowing him play with MY toy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So just wanted to ask... is everyone still happy with their purchase? Or has the novelty worn off? Was it value for money?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

everlast75 wrote: »
    So just wanted to ask... is everyone still happy with their purchase? Or has the novelty worn off? Was it value for money?

I only played with mine a little but I bought it as a display piece anyway.

Looks great beside my other childish crap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

everlast75 wrote: »

Sold mine a few days after getting it. Novelty wore off very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Main flaw with it is that the beeps and boops weren't coming from the unit itself, so if it went wandering around it took a while to find (unless you used the proximity yoke on the app).

That and the head kept coming off when it went under my low cabinets...

Sold it on, but had fun with it for a while as it added to the Star Wars atmos during the week I went to see the film.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ive used mine about 5 times in total since I got it, its been back in the box since the Christmas decorations came down, I keep meaning to put it up on adverts, must do so now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Aquos76 wrote:
    Ive used mine about 5 times in total since I got it, its been back in the box since the Christmas decorations came down, I keep meaning to put it up on adverts, must do so now

If you are seriously selling will you pm me the adverts link please. Missed out on this BA and the other half would love it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Going to sell mine too as I all I did was charge it on Christmas day, never used. For anyone who is interested in buying it, PM me please..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I sold mine to my sister for her fella as he's a Starwars fan like myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Mine is gone too, sold for 73 euro to a fellow boardsie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ye're all Rebel Scum, BB8 is for life not just XMas :pac:

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

slave1 wrote: »
    Ye're all Rebel Scum, BB8 is for life not just XMas :pac:

updated for 2016:

CYa45N_WkAAMaf5.jpg

Advertisement