Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FHFC wrote:
    Meanwhile that lad who's taking the bread outta my mouth in the work league ended on 105.

FHFC wrote:
    I only noticed today when not on mobile that he played his bench boost which explains it somewhat, but he effectively wasted it only gaining 13 points as Kolarov didn't play so he'd have got Nyom anyway. Rest of bench was Butland (11), Arnautovic (2) and Targett (0).

FHFC wrote:
    Without bench boost he'd have scored 92 which would still have been mental.

Who is this guy! Post his team because I'm taken a -24 if I have to in order to match his and then I'm going on autopilot for the foreseeable future

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

63 for the week.

Still hovering around 600k.

Happy enough with the team. Captain Kane and no Butland the main reasons I made no real gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

One of the lowest posted here by look of things, 51 (-4). You would think the positives are that I have now have a 4th choice defender to now choose from....but no, Naughton is now dropped. And Kolarov. Targett still there too. And in midfield, De Bruyne. And Anya. Took a -4 for Kane. He did good too, got me 4pts. Another nice captain success. 580k to 850k in 2gws. Literally have no idea how to improve from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

An 80 point haul sees me finish just outside the top 50k this week and is a welcome breather during a miserable season. I'm still outside the top million overall but hope I can build on this.

Either way it's nice to score highly now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Not sure if my moves have been saved. My bench order did not go through (despite saving it... weird) so I'm not sure my captain change was effective.
    If it worked should be lining-up like this
    Hennessey
    Kol Bertie Bellie
    KDB Ozil Mahrez Deulofeu
    Kane (C) Lukaku (VC) Vardy

And couldn't help my missus to decide whether Mané to Coutinho was worth it so Mané gets another week in her team...

Will be away all week-end with limited internet access so may only discover the damages on Sunday eve... I'm not happy with my team and can already sense a red arrow :p.... I've been missing plenty of opportunities to rearrange my defense but didn't do anything. 2 FT next week :).

Wish you all a great FPL week-end bar my H2H opponent in the FSA Prem' and the 4 guys we're facing in the Academy Cup :p;).

So. Can actually only check the proper results now (did know the scores though but not the FPL consequencies).

My bench order did not work (wanted Souaré first sub ahead of Wanyama). (C) change worked. Moved from last week's Ozil to Kane :rolleyes:...

67 all in. Have no idea yet how good or bad it is... Again haven't followed anything for the whole week-end and only had a very moderate green arrow before tonight's game.

My GW can be summarised as follow. Thank you Kolarov (got nervously afraid when I saw KDB did not start but he eventually came on and Kolarov not featuring made way for Souaré :) phew °_°'). Fùck you Kane! 4 pts in the last 3 games. 2 pts useless captain this week.

Can only blame myself though. I've been praising the benefits of MNF (C). Told everyone it was the way to go. Showed tables. Updates. etc... etc... But am just idiot enough not to follow my own advices (2 weeks in a row now that it burns me :rolleyes:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Who is this guy! Post his team because I'm taken a -24 if I have to in order to match his and then I'm going on autopilot for the foreseeable future

Id 2188183

Final GW rank......66!! Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

66 points. Not bad considering I captained KDB. Clean sheets saved me this week.
    One thing I did right was bought Butland. Nearly bought De Gea

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Fùck you Kane! 4 pts in the last 3 games. 2 pts useless captain.

Really?????????????

You're giving up on Kane so easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

74 (-8) leaves me 51,789 overall. Got 74 last week.

Haven't a clue what to do now - who shall I keep or get rid off or just keep who I have for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

69 (-4)
    5th red arrow in a row but only dropped 23 places.
    Ighalo and the Watford D the main hitters against me.

• Advertisement

Big Borg wrote: »
    Really?????????????

You're giving up on Kane so easily?
    Giving up? No. Have more pressing issues anyway.

But fully angry at him yeah. And if I really were his manager, he'd get no salary this week! I didn't buy and pay him for 1s and 2s and he should know it better! He should also know that, any time, I can replace him with this Ighalo fella who can't stop scoring (à la Kane last year). No place for "has been" in my team. Capisci young Harold?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

64 sees me rise from 63k to 61k. I just can't break that 50k barrier.

Have 2 free transfers and not sure what to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

62 sees a rise of 3k up to 250k. Stops the slide at least. Was 60k in the world 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Finished on 69 and up to 34k from 43k. Green arrows in all my leagues too so happy out with the week (though wondering what could have been were it not for a Captain Kane fail).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

FHFC wrote: »
    51 could be worse. Fffix predicting around 650k OR so just a drop of 70k which is an improvement on recent standards.

I WILL turn this fúcking cnutish season around!! :mad:
    It's a funny old game.

To compare ourselves, I've had an even worse start to the season, playing a terrible wild card and taking too many hits trying to force something to happen and only broke into the top 1 million in the past 3 weeks.

I'm delighted to finally be at 650k, although admittedly I'm obviously not thrilled at my ranking, more so happy that I'm finally getting some momentum going having lingered at 1.1m for 4 or 5 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

52 sees me drop to 417k.

Starting to think that my worst ever finish of 136k is in serious jeopardy. Can't pick a captain to save my life - 16 weeks, 11 of 2 points or under, and only 1 over 6 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Meh... despite being happy with my score of 60 AND seeing green arrows for the fourth week in a row I am barely making any progress whatsoever! :mad:

LEiRzQf.png

Massive drops of over 100K are guaranteed if you fail to hit the average but it seems this season you need a cricket score to make any solid movement back up the table

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Up from 119k to 98k.
    Nice to be in 5 figures again.
    6 weeks of green arrows taking me from 706k to 98k.

Relatively happy with my team but a couple of changes still needed.

Team value is 100M with 6.2M in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

62 brings me up 21k places to 533k. Disappointed with Kane but I'll stick with him for the next while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Well, the good news is my momentum is going to shift to green any game week now!

Blue is GW rank and red is Overall rank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

53 and a drop of 24k to...*mumble* 1,169,059 *mumble*

I wouldn't mind but I thought it was a half decent week, and I guess it was until Vardy reclaimed any slight movement I'd claimed.

Only the Henderbus can save my season now!

67 all in. Have no idea yet how good or bad it is...
    A very small green arrow from 261k to 224k. Just average. Thank you Kane :mad::mad::mad:!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Green arrows for 5 weeks in a row but only climbed 1.8m up to 1.4m

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A very small green arrow from 261k to 224k. Just average. Thank you Kane :mad::mad::mad:!

You got the highest score in the fsa premier and moved up 40k it's a good week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Dropped 1k to 35k with 63. Can't get my captain pick right at all this season. I'll stick with Kane for now, another blank and he's gone for Giroud.

You got the highest score in the fsa premier and moved up 40k it's a good week.
    Admittedly. But
    1) the best score by a very small mile inch :p ;
    2) whatever the score, it's another captain fail (and compared to the Lukaku (C)ers which were I'd say about 50/50 vs the Kane (C)ers, it reduces my team perf') ;
    3) after 6 bad GWs in a row I "needed" better ;
    and most importantly
    4) scoring is all relative in this game. If you only gain 3-5 pts in your good GW, it's not really a good GW. As I like to say, if you can score 100 pts but only manage 80 in a GW, even if the top10k average is 30, it is still 20 pts wasted (it's the same than scoring 10 pts instead of 30 in a GW where the average would be 15pts for example) so you're not on for such a great GW IMO. There are not that many opportunities to catch up or break free so when you/we can do it, you/we better do it ;).
    Anyway, don't want to sound like bitching for nothing but I always felt that these averages only show part of the real story. We all have different teams and some GWs suit them better than others. To perform, I feel we have to capitalise on our favourable ones and minimise the losses on the unfavourable ones. THis one (a posteriori) looked favourable to my team
    but Kane (C) fail made it a just above average one. Of course it could have been much worse but in the end I see it as a wasted opportunity. Not the end of the world but a bit raging in the meantime ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

A 70 for the weeks brings me up 12K to 100,037.

6th green arrow in a row - hopefully can keep it up and break into the top 100K.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Admittedly. But
    1) the best score by a very small mile inch :p ;
    2) whatever the score, it's another captain fail (and compared to the Lukaku (C)ers which were I'd say about 50/50 vs the Kane (C)ers, it reduces my team perf') ;
    3) after 6 bad GWs in a row I "needed" better ;
    and most importantly
    4) scoring is all relative in this game. If you only gain 3-5 pts in your good GW, it's not really a good GW. As I like to say, if you can score 100 pts but only manage 80 in a GW, even if the top10k average is 30, it is still 20 pts wasted (it's the same than scoring 10 pts instead of 30 in a GW where the average would be 15pts for example) so you're not on for such a great GW IMO. There are not that many opportunities to catch up or break free so when you/we can do it, you/we better do it ;).
    Anyway, don't want to sound like bitching for nothing but I always felt that these averages only show part of the real story. We all have different teams and some GWs suit them better than others. To perform, I feel we have to capitalise on our favourable ones and minimise the losses on the unfavourable ones. THis one (a posteriori) looked favourable to my team
    but Kane (C) fail made it a just above average one. Of course it could have been much worse but in the end I see it as a wasted opportunity. Not the end of the world but a bit raging in the meantime ;).

You moved up 40k its a big jump when you were already in the 200ks. A 40k jump for someone outside the top million isnt the same. You have gained points on the other 19 players in the FSA premier all players with a good history in the game. Most of us also captained kane so we are all in the same boat there. You also got souare in for Kolarov. A lot of us wouldnt have got a clean sheet coming off the bench for kolorav. Your 4th midfielder delefeou outperformed a lot of other teams 4th mid barkley/coutinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

169k up to 164k
    another massive jump after my jump of 1k last week :D
    still a green arrow is a green arrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Red arrows all round for me after 60 point week so hovering around 500k OR

Gained 8 points on the leader in my low quality work league so hoping to pass him out over the festive period

Advertisement