Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Poor Chelsea. Who'd have thunk they'd be fifth last at this point in the season? It's like I keep waiting for them to be better and it just hasn't happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

A great day to have Schmeichel, vardy and Mahrez.

Don't be jinxing schmeichel cs now please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Mahrez is saving my week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Poor Chelsea. Who'd have thunk they'd be fifth last at this point in the season? It's like I keep waiting for them to be better and it just hasn't happened.

I for one am enjoying every minute of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Vardy is good but marhez is a different level altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Vardy getting booked and not being involved in the 2nd is the best part of the last 9 minutes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

One of the guys in my league keeps benching Mahrez. Crazy. He got away with it this week as he's going to sub in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

spock. wrote: »
    Mahrez is saving my week.

Hes making your score look better, not.much else. Mahrez has 80.3% ownership and nobody benched him after last week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I had many rivals without one or both of Vardez. Didn't expect a huge amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any chance ye could just thank a post to show agreement than harp on and on about how clever it is to keep the two boyos and how dumb the rest of us are, it's getting a little boring and annoying. The point has been made.

You could almost smell that second place in the FSA PL and now it's gone again for another week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Torricelli wrote: »
    Ok. Ignore the question then.

I post on here all the time, I've no interest in repeating myself ad nauseam everytime somebody engages with me, as I said time will tell, to give the very short answer I think Vardy isn't one of the three best striking options for the next 5 or six weeks and i'm not bothered about the bit of resale value I've lost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

FHFC wrote: »
    Hes making your score look better, not.much else. Mahrez has 80.3% ownership and nobody benched him after last week.

Ahem.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »

I understand not having one maybe, anticipating a tough Christmas, but both is just asking for a whole heap of pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Irish son did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

I'm sorry but what are these solid reasons for selling a player who has 14 goals in 16 games?

I don't understand people who come on here to complain about Mahrez or Vardy but refuse point blank to get them in. "Oh, I've missed the boat, too late now" No, you haven't. There's 22 games left in the season. Their own stubborn attitude is preventing them from doing well.

This game is not about what players have done, it about what you think they will do. It's a reasonable assumption that vardy won't score as many in the next few, and there are other options, especially if you already own mahrez. Sure it looks bad now, but it may work out in the long term. And a lot of the time it isn't stubbornness stopping people from bringing players that are in form. It's easy to get into a cycle that you think a player will stop scoring and can't keep up their returns. Because let's be honest, vardez as scoring ridiculous points for their prices, and in previous seasons, these seemingly unsustainable returns have proven to be as such

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    You could almost smell that second place in the FSA PL and now it's gone again for another week....

I'd be happy to win my own tie and keep the pressure on, just need costa to stay out of the points

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

5.6% of the top 10k did

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Had 53 points before tonight's match.

Have Vardy as vice-captain and also Mahrez.

Still have to have 8 points deducted for two extra transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Still cant believe the tinkerman benched him for the Norwich match!!

FutureGuy wrote: »

Who are these people and where can i join their leagues?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Where are you getting that figure from?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Nearly everyone in my league has Mahrez, a few have gotten rid of Vardy. I have both but I still can't really get excited about the points they will be getting, happy that I benched Zouma at least (unless he scores :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chelsea close twice
    Costa and ivanovic
    need them to score

Owen_S wrote: »
    Where are you getting that figure from?

Fantasy football fix. Live teams.

MNF ownership...

Mahrez: 80.3%
    Vardy: 78.2%

Mahrez & Vardy: 66.5%

https://t.co/GW2ex6XHwE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    This game is not about what players have done, it about what you think they will do. It's a reasonable assumption that vardy won't score as many in the next few, and there are other options, especially if you already own mahrez. Sure it looks bad now, but it may work out in the long term. And a lot of the time it isn't stubbornness stopping people from bringing players that are in form. It's easy to get into a cycle that you think a player will stop scoring and can't keep up their returns. Because let's be honest, vardez as scoring ridiculous points for their prices, and in previous seasons, these seemingly unsustainable returns have proven to be as such
    People overthink this game way too much.

I agree Vardez has been ridiculous this season, no one seen it coming. But keep them until it stops. Form over fixtures is the golden rule. There's no outstanding team in the EPL this season so Vardez are effectively fixture proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Mourinho making decisions as if he's going to be sacked if he loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

COMBINED BPL GOALS AND ASSISTS THIS SEASON:
    18 - Mahrez
    17 - Vardy
    16 - Lukaku
    15 - Ozil
    12 - Ighalo

I have 4 of these at the moment, only one i haven't owned is Ighalo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

AdMMM wrote: »
    Mourinho making decisions as if he's going to be sacked if he loses.

He'll jump before he's pushed, I'd be very surprised if he's still in charge for the Sunderland game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

People overthink this game way too much.

I agree Vardez has been ridiculous this season, no one seen it coming. But keep them until it stops. Form over fixtures is the golden rule. There's no outstanding team in the EPL this season so Vardez are effectively fixture proof.

The people who 'overthink' this game are the same people who regularly finish high. Obviously form is important, but there are other options on form atm. Once again, Leicester don't have great upcoming fixtures, and while they look somewhat fixture proof atm, that could change and it's completely rational to not want 2 of your 7/8 attackers tied up in them. I personally own both and will hold them, but to insult those who choose otherwise is ridiculous tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Remy (Pedro)

Advertisement