Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor v Team Faber Finale - Edgar v Mendes

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Mendes via Submission
    I'm gonna have to disagree there, in the sense that I don't think the outcome was determined by it. I think if it affected Barboza to that degree he wouldn't have continued to outstrike Ferguson for almost the entire fight.

Ferguson is a great guy and acknowledged the illegal kick was BS post fight. He's a reckless fighter so I don't think there was any malice or intent in it. That said intent or not I do think there needs to be more severe punishments for breaking the rules like that. In rugby they say the best flankers are the ones who are the best at breaking the rules and getting away with it, you don't want that sort of environment in the Octagon. Eye pokes especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I'm gonna have to disagree there, in the sense that I don't think the outcome was determined by it. I think if it affected Barboza to that degree he wouldn't have continued to outstrike Ferguson for almost the entire fight.

Ferguson is a great guy and acknowledged the illegal kick was BS post fight. He's a reckless fighter so I don't think there was any malice or intent in it. That said intent or not I do think there needs to be more severe punishments for breaking the rules like that. In rugby they say the best flankers are the ones who are the best at breaking the rules and getting away with it, you don't want that sort of environment in the Octagon. Eye pokes especially.

Well if Barboza had said he couldn’t continue then Ferguson would have lost the fight. Think that’s a heavy enough punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Is this the same program that is shown on Fox Sports 1 in the US? Is this a continuation of the Ultimate Fighter series? My friend is trialing for Ultimate Fighter 23 in Las Vegas, just waiting to find out if he was chosen. Ive never watched the show, so wondered if its like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mendes via Submission
    Is this the same program that is shown on Fox Sports 1 in the US? Is this a continuation of the Ultimate Fighter series? My friend is trialing for Ultimate Fighter 23 in Las Vegas, just waiting to find out if he was chosen. Ive never watched the show, so wondered if its like this.

Same thing, this was season 22.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

season 23 is joanna v claudia ive heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mendes via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »

They trialed both women's divisions and 205 men I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mendes via KO/TKO
    Gamebred wrote: »

I still can't believe Joanna got the decision over Gadelha in their first matchup. Crazy decision IMO.

No doubt Joanna has improved big time since then however so their upcoming bout is one of my most anticipated of 2016, though Joanna is pushing for Gadelha to have one more fight before it happens.

Advertisement