Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor v Team Faber Finale - Edgar v Mendes

Options
  • 10-12-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

c85e81c6fe25d4337ce75f22b0de99e5.png

Date: Friday 11th December
    Time: Prelims (1am, Fight Pass and BT Sport 2), Main Card (3am, Fight Pass and BT Sport 2)
    Venue: The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas
    Odds: Edgar (10/13) v Mendes (6/5)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 59 votes

Edgar via KO/TKO
    0%
    Edgar via Submission
    25%
    DeVoreBigConDavei141TiggerDozyartkearneybobsmcgucc22RustyPriceroJohn_D80The ShowstoppercloudatlasRaving_Magic[Deleted User]VisibleGorilla 15 votes
    Edgar via Decision
    1%
    redarmy 1 vote
    Mendes via KO/TKO
    42%
    xtal191shrapnel222thewheel2.0killwillpauldoo[Deleted User]EuskalHerriaSwashbucklerMagicIRLZero-Coolbut1erProfessional GrieferMr. ManagerRichard teafroogshrewdnessdarcedPaully DAwesomenessstephenl15 25 votes
    Mendes via Submission
    25%
    HokiDeppPaclymatbanLegwinskiASOTcintecTinieJR6JFlahAmazingfunburRedemptionZSubcomandante MarcosGFT 15 votes
    Mendes via Decision
    5%
    full_irishshocksyDick phelan 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Mendes by decision

Artem by TKO

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mendes via KO/TKO
    Weigh-ins starting at 10pm our time:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Paully D wrote:
    Weigh-ins starting at 10pm our time:

Are the weigh ins on BT or Setanta?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,688 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mendes via KO/TKO
    Lets go ARRR TEMMM! Gritz was a weird choice to bring back. I thought Than Le would get a shot before him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Mendes via Submission
    Think this is the fight where all those wars Edgar has been in, catch up with him and he gets knocked out for the first time.

Bullsh!t that Marcin doesn't get the shot really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,204 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

bur wrote: »
    Bullsh!t that Marcin doesn't get the shot really.

It's USA v Europe series, I imagine that was a big factor. Plus Marcin Was finishe, Hall wasnt - I imagine that's less of a factor.

Mendes via KO/TKO
    Quite muted reception for Artem at the weigh-in (as it was for everyone else to be fair), but I suppose a lot of people are only getting in to Vegas today.

Hopefully there will be a good crowd of Irish in to support him tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mendes via Submission
    Finally can go back to supporting Mendes, KO in the later rounds 3 or 4, he will have to much for Edgar imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Mendes via KO/TKO
    so whats the story with the other TUF fighters? they get one fight and then no more in the ufc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

froog wrote: »
    so whats the story with the other TUF fighters? they get one fight and then no more in the ufc?

Win and you can't get cut, be exciting or a prospect and you might get more fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Mendes via KO/TKO
    ASOT wrote: »
    Finally can go back to supporting Mendes, KO in the later rounds 3 or 4, he will have to much for Edgar imo.

Surprised to hear you say that. Thought you'd be backing frankie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Frankie, Ferguson, Lauzon for the win.

Hope Artem pulls it off, I like Hall as well though.

Mendes via Submission
    Surprised to hear you say that. Thought you'd be backing frankie.

Going to be a cracking fight but Mendes is my favorite fighter in the UFC so I can't back against him, watching 189 was tough!!

Mendes via KO/TKO
    Going to be a cracking fight but Mendes is my favorite fighter in the UFC so I can't back against him, watching 189 was tough!!

I couldn't pick Mendes over Frankie. Frankie is responsible for some of the best fights I've seen.

Mendes via Submission
    I couldn't pick Mendes over Frankie. Frankie is responsible for some of the best fights I've seen.

On paper it's a FOTY contender I can't wait, looking forward to it nearly as much as Aldo/McGregor. Some week of fights, Christmas came early :pac:

Mendes via KO/TKO
    On paper it's a FOTY contender I can't wait, looking forward to it nearly as much as Aldo/McGregor. Some week of fights, Christmas came early :pac:

I dunno how the fighters do it coz I'm in bits already. Sunday morning is gonna be tense.

Mendes via Submission
    I dunno how the fighters do it coz I'm in bits already. Sunday morning is gonna be tense.

Me and my mate said the exact same thing, we were a bad of nerves before nearly every McGregor fight. Can't handle it haha

Mendes via KO/TKO
    Me and my mate said the exact same thing, we were a bad of nerves before nearly every McGregor fight. Can't handle it haha

Yeah same here. I just can't imagine what it's like making that walk...For any of them. Not just McGregor. Guess that's why I'm not a fighter!

froog wrote: »
    There'e no limit on how many fights they can have, there'e no guarantee either.
    Same as any fighter getting a shot in the UFC.

Joe Lauzon was eliminated be in the semis of TUF 5. But he's making his 20th UFC appearance this weekend on this TUF finale.

Mendes via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    There'e no limit on how many fights they can have, there'e no guarantee either.
    Same as any fighter getting a shot in the UFC.

Joe Lauzon was eliminated be in the semis of TUF 5. But he's making his 20th UFC appearance this weekend on this TUF finale.

Mad season of TUF, Lauzon beating Pulver before the series started was class.

• Advertisement

Mad season of TUF, Lauzon beating Pulver before the series started was class.
    Yeah, that was a little strange to say the least. Would have been more strange if he ended up on Jens' team.
    Lauzon must have been a late replacement and not fully signed to the UFC prior to TUF. Or maybe they just struggled for numbers for the "comeback" season.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Edgar via Submission
    Think Mendes will do the business.

Looking forward to Gonzaga/Erokhin.

No idea between Ar-tem and Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Mendes via KO/TKO
    Interesting from JK over on the42.ie
    http://www.the42.ie/john-kavanagh-column-11-december-2496597-Dec2015/
    "As for Ryan, he was initially due to fight a different opponent on tonight’s card before the reshuffle happened, so I was actually going to be in his corner. Instead, I’ll now obviously be on the opposite side. As soon as the fight is over, however, we’ll renew our good relationship and discuss the possibility of him cementing his connection with SBG."

Hall fighting out of SBG? That would seriously cool! Heel hooks for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,688 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mendes via KO/TKO
    Would be seriously class if he joined with SBG. Conor and him seemed very friendly in embedded especially as they knew he would be fighting a teammate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Interesting from JK over on the42.ie
    http://www.the42.ie/john-kavanagh-column-11-december-2496597-Dec2015/

Hall fighting out of SBG? That would seriously cool! Heel hooks for everyone!

Any idea where this story went? Had it bookmarked to read but it's after disappearing on me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What's the running order for this? Is Artem the penultimate fight? Are we looking at 5am for Mendes and Frankie?

Pudsy33 wrote:
    What's the running order for this? Is Artem the penultimate fight? Are we looking at 5am for Mendes and Frankie?

Yes and yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

what time will lobov be on?
    3rd fight on main card is it?

Mendes via KO/TKO
    sc86 wrote: »
    what time will lobov be on?
    3rd fight on main card is it?

About 4:30am. He's co-main (5th fight) on the main card.

• Advertisement

Is there people actually staying up for this and for tomorrow night? Fair duce to ye. I think I'll be watching this over breakfast tomorrow.

Advertisement