Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NRL 2016 and all things Australian Rugby League thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow didn't expect that from the Warriors. Broncos made a lot of sloppy passes and Milford was very quiet. Some great tries in that game.

I noticed Rory Kostjasyn get a try for the Cowboys. He represents Ireland doesn't he?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Wow didn't expect that from the Warriors. Broncos made a lot of sloppy passes and Milford was very quiet. Some great tries in that game.

I noticed Rory Kostjasyn get a try for the Cowboys. He represents Ireland doesn't he?

He's played for Ireland last world cup but nationality is pretty fluid in international RL. You can pretty well pick and choose I think! If Australia came a calling he'd be gone again. (not that I think that'll happen)

Allianz virtually empty Roosters Tigers. But weather looks horrendous so pretty understandable.

Aidan Guerra "it's a sloppy old day". Looks the understatement of the year!

Edit: 3362 in attendance. Bit of light rain* and the Aussies stay away.

*A monsoon is more accurate!

That year of Union has done Sam Burgess no favours at all. Not the player he was imo, not saying he's crap or anything, just not quite as good as he was. Maybe that's in part due to the team generally not being quite as good.

Playing not too bad today though!

Edit: Cracking game so far, Souths and Gold Coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Another empty stadium. Mbye kicking has been woeful in the first half. The sharks have been a little quiet tonght hopefully the dogs can keep em quiet in the second half

You had to feel for the Bunnies against the Titans having done so well to level it up.

Great comeback win for the Sharks. I wonder will it be their year.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

gotta give it to the sharks they did really well to beat the dogs in the final stages they look alot stronger this year it will be interesting to see if they can keep this form up. annoying tactic by the dogs not to kick on the fifth so close to the danger zone ,Des Hasler doesnt like to give a set of seven but I feel it limits there options .

I see 2015 Man of Steel Zak Hardaker has told Leeds Rhinos he wants to go to the NRL.

Would he do well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

I see 2015 Man of Steel Zak Hardaker has told Leeds Rhinos he wants to go to the NRL.

Would he do well?

Yeah. Brilliant fullback.

Bad news for Leeds. They're falling apart since Sinfield and Peacock left. Kallum Watkins next out the door to the NRL.

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    Yeah. Brilliant fullback.

Bad news for Leeds. They're falling apart since Sinfield and Peacock left. Kallum Watkins next out the door to the NRL.

Good player, bit of a prick off the field for a while, though I think he's grown up a bit and kept his nose clean. Canberra supposedly in the box seats to get him.

Good win for the Broncos against the Raiders; Darius Boyd with a hat-trick.

Warriors play well 2 weeks in a row shocker. Battered the poor old Knights in the 2nd half after a tight enough 1st.

Roosters just never look like scoring, although that isn't too uncommon with teams playing the Storm.

Good to see Vunivalu back in try-scoring form. He's become a favourite of mine. Mad seeing Cameron Smith nail the conversion despite slipping on his backside. :pac:

Very impressive comeback from the Panthers against Manly too. I thought the game was over.

Looking forward to the Sharks vs Cowboys game.

Shocking call in Cowboys favour there, knock on given against the Sharks Barber, must have gone backwards a metre.

Edit: Good game in the end, Sharks on some roll.

Terrific try from Valentine Holmes. Really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

luke keary off to the roosters.....thats them screwed for another two years....Who's going to make way in the halves? Nikorima, the dog shagger pearce or most likely Hastings....

and our south sydney season gets better , took on Joe Burgess for the remainder of the season before he skips off back to Wigan.....*groan

It's State of Origin game 2 tomorrow morning (Irish time). Will Queensland seal the series?

It's State of Origin game 2 tomorrow morning (Irish time). Will Queensland seal the series?

Yes. Sadly:mad:

• Advertisement

Wasn't a good day for Michael Jennings. If he hadn't knocked on it could have been a different story perhaps? I thought the game really picked up in the second half. Shame the Blues couldn't take it to a decider.

Good game between the Panthers and Rabbitohs. Looking forward to the Sharks against the Warriors on Saturday.

Dogs did well against the broncos, need more of that.

Dogs did well against the broncos, need more of that.

Some great tries in that one. Warriors were unlucky against the Sharks.

The Storm whooped the Broncos. Great to see one of my favourites Vunivalu on form.

Broncos falling apart

I enjoyed the Sharks vs Eels. Bevan French looks a fantastic prospect.

Great comeback win for the Raiders against the Knights too. Must be tough being a Knights fan.

I only caught the highlights of the Cowboys vs Rabbitohs but it looks like Thurston was too good.

Great match today between Parramatta and the Roosters. Terrific last ditch defending from Joseph Manu to deny Bevan French a certain try. Manu Ma'u and Corey Norman were very good for Parramatta.

Bulldogs vs Tigers could be another good one tomorrow.

Bulldogs vs Tigers was another good game. Pity the Tigers couldn't hold out.

I didn't realise Addo-Carr was heading to Melbourne Storm. Him and Vunivalu next season will have some serious speed to burn.

• Advertisement

Sharks again played well against the Panthers. Ben Barba was excellent.

Fox Sports were pretty critical of Zak Hardaker's performance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement