Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The NRL 2016 and all things Australian Rugby League thread

• 04-12-2015 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

Will Sam Burgess have finally re-signed by 2016? Will his brother have gone off to play in the NFL? Will Jarryd Hayne still be in the NFL or back in the NRL?

All these questions answered and more right here.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

Opening game on later today. Should be a good clash between the Broncos and the Eels. Broncos will be looking to go one better than last years agonising defeat in the Grand Final. Eels have added very nicely to their squad and could potentially be a top 4 contender. Very excited for the 1st game.

Cowboys, obviously, will be the team to beat. They have a great chance at going back to back. Broncos seem to be the early favourite, played well in the World Club series and should be top 4. Manly, Parramatta, Cronulla and New Zealand have all upgraded their squads significantly. Cronulla will be looking to get top 4, the other 3 should make a push for the top 8. The Rabbitohs have Slammin Sam back but gave up a lot to get him. The Roosters have lost a lot of players but have some good kids coming through, everyone is writing them off, I still think they'll make the top 8 at least.

My predictions are:
    Top 8 teams; Broncos, Cowboys, Manly, Souths, Sharks, Eels, Warriors and Roosters
    Teams pushing the 8: Bulldogs, Panthers, Raiders and Storm
    Bottom 4: Dragons, Tigers, Knights and Titans

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Hi Guys looking forward to another great season. I was on here the season before last discussing League with you. Didnt get much time to discuss last year but read the thread all last year. im a doggies fan myself (as some of you may remember) .
    good opening weekend the Bunnies smashed the Chooks
    Parra have resumed normal service
    the Qld teams all did well
    and Of course my beloved Dogs smashed Manly
    My Predictions
    top 8
    Bunnies,Storm,Cowboys ,Doggies,Broncos ,Panthers,Chooks,and Manly.
    Bottom 4 Knights, Parra, Titans, and Dragons
    I reckon the tigers may be just outside the 8
    I was surprised JimJimJimmy you had Parra in the top 8 but not the storm who would be some peoples favourite to win the comp.
    Anyhow enjoy guys.
    Looking forward to some chats about league this season

This weeks Predictions
    Thu 10 Mar
    Panthers
    v
    Bulldogs
    Of course I will go with the Dogs although I reckon they might struggle with this one

Fri 11 Mar
    Broncos
    v
    Warriors
    Winner- Broncos

Sat 12 Mar
    Raiders
    v
    Roosters
    Winner- Roosters

Sat 12 Mar
    Rabbitohs
    v
    Knights
    Winner- Bunnies

Sat 12 Mar
    Eels
    v
    Cowboys
    Winner-Cowboys

Sun 13 Mar
    Sharks
    v
    Dragons
    Winner-Sharks

Sun 13 Mar
    Storm
    v
    Titans
    Winner-Storm

Mon 14 Mar
    Tigers
    v
    Sea Eagles
    Winner- The Tigpies

theyre my predicitions anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I watched the Roosters' win over the Rabbitohs. Dylan Napa was a beast.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

thrilled to see Manly sea gulls get whipped by parra last night.....the better of two salary cap cheats won the night.....and manly will be outed next week as the club behind the latest salary cap dramas

• Advertisement

And it could have been worse for Manly if the bunker hadn't disallowed the Takairangi try.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Warriors managed to close it out against the Bulldogs, good atmosphere in Wellington too. Excellent game.

I got round to watching the Cowboys vs the Rabbitohs. The Bunnies didn't produce really, although Sam Burgess did get his first try since his return.

I got round to watching the Cowboys vs the Rabbitohs. The Bunnies didn't produce really, although Sam Burgess did get his first try since his return.

South Sydney haven't got going much at all yet this year, 2 points for a win means they aren't far off the pace yet though.

Raiders v Sharks tomorrow should be a good game but think 5am might be a bit early (unless the kids or dog wake me up!). Will probably make do with Wests v Melbourne at 7am instead.

Raiders v Sharks tomorrow should be a good game but think 5am might be a bit early (unless the kids or dog wake me up!). Will probably make do with Wests v Melbourne at 7am instead.

Sharks have been a little bit of a surprise this year pretty good to watch

• Advertisement

Storm bossing the 2nd half of this one.

Edit: Tigers woke up again, after sluggish start to second half.

2 point game.

Roosters v Panthers tomorrow morning, pretty poor start to the season for both teams.

I fancy the Roosters to back up their win over South Sydney myself but reading some of the press previews, most seem to give Penrith a slight edge.

the entire broncos team should do jail time for what they did to newcastle.....that was painful to watch , and my beloved souths have them friday night......and keary is being linked to the tigers now

How good was Anthony Milford though? He's a joy to watch.

I felt sorry for Tigers against Storm. I thought there was a forward pass at the end of one of the Melbourne tries. Also there was a trip that went unpunished which annoyed me.

I'm looking forward to the Roosters vs Panthers game and hoping Dylan Napa brings some of that mean streak he had last week.

Panthers well on top in early stages, all over the Roosters, 6 nil could easily be 12. The previews I read are pretty accurate so far!

Panthers just don't like winning or losing games by a big margin! Great game and pundits spot on.

Yeah it was a great game, especially in those conditions. Really liked that try by the Roosters in the second half where they somehow kept it alive.

good morning roosters fans :D

Sucks to hear Tuivasa-Sheck has been ruled out for the rest of the season.

yeah , he was looking to have such a good season with issac luke

• Advertisement

A lot of physicality in the game between the Broncos and the Rabbitohs. Sam Burgess seemed to be always on the edge.

Impressive result for the Broncos and a fantastic try by Corey Oates as well.

Looking forward to seeing the Panthers vs the Sharks.

Raiders absolutely battering the Tigers now, shocking defence from Wests.

Roosters showed a lot more fight in 2nd half and thought they might even snatch a win but left themselves too much to do against the Dragons.

Didn't expect the Tigers to get a result against Souths after their drubbing last week.

Well Newcastle are terrible in the battle of the basement dwellers. Making the Roosters look like world beaters.

Quality commentary in the Manly game.

That play was more arse than class.

Exciting finale to the Panthers/Raiders game. I felt bad for the Raiders, though. 18-6 down, levelled the match, and then lose to a late goal. :o

The sharkies still surprising everyone. They are looking really impressive this year

Only got round to watching the Manly/Cowboys game. The Cowboys look the ones to beat again. But what was with that dive by Jamie Lyons from Manly? I expect that kind of thing from soccer. And they disallowed the try for it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

press conference on Parra and the salary cap at half eleven....The board should prepare their arses, todd greenburg is going in dry.playing with zero points for the season and a whopper of a fine according to whispers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement