Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Desmond - Heavy Rainfall 4/5 December 2015

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Shame we don't have more official stations. In Donegal Finner and Malin right on the coast. Another one in Glenties but it's very close to the coast too so none are accurate for my location. UK has loads more and on mountain tops etc. Would have been interesting to see their readings

There are loads of 'official' rainfall stations dotted around the country. 32 in Donegal alone! See: http://www.met.ie/about/weatherobservingstations/rainmap.asp

Some more big rainfall totals for this event may show up in due course. Most likely to be reported in the ME Monthly Bulletin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Weatherproof79

Thanks. They only record temperatures at four stations so assumed that was it. That's what I gathered from the info from the big freeze in 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Weatherproof79

Derrypark station is 46m asl thanks to link above

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Thanks. They only record temperatures at four stations....

That bit is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Rain totals in the west/norhwest to get a final boost in the coming hours?

3hr-rain.gif

Just pointing out that says the "09 Dec 2015" when it was the 5th and today is the 9th and the rain on that chart is exactly like it is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Just pointing out that says the "09 Dec 2015" when it was the 5th and today is the 9th and the rain on that chart is exactly like it is now.

Are you sure it's not just self updating?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not just self updating?

No? :confused:

No? :confused:

I think it is.

If in three hours it say 22:00 you owe me a beer.

I think it is.

If in three hours it say 22:00 you owe me a beer.

Look back in this thread and find that chart that maquiladora posted and come back to me after reading the date it was posted to the thread.

Look back in this thread and find that chart that maquiladora posted and come back to me after reading the date it was posted to the thread.

Have a look at the picture now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Have a look at the picture now.

Says 00:00 10th December now, if that's any help?! It still being the 9th and 22:11, I'm not sure that's helping...... :)

Shrap wrote: »
    Says 00:00 10th December now, if that's any help?! It still being the 9th and 22:11, I'm not sure that's helping...... :)

It's self updating is my point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

It's self updating is my point :)

Good, it helped then. That's mad Ted!

Advertisement