Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 PDC World Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

dubrov wrote: »
    Klaasen is getting blown away here. He is out of his league

To be fair this is out of anyone's league

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Would ye give Wayne that one?

"Its shocking the odds of a two year old are better than what they are of me winning a world champion"

I laughed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

would feel bad for jelle if he didnt win a set

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Thanks Gary. I actually wanted to go to bed early tonight and all. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

would feel bad for jelle if he didnt win a set

I don't know. I'm not sure Jelle would mind about that after all things considered. If your opponent is almost unbeatable then there's not much you can do!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Pretty much how i expected the games to go, maybe not 6-0 for Anderson though, hopefully he retains the title now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That was an outrageous performance from Gary Anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Stunning performance by the Hibs man.

Hope he hammers Lewis.

Class act

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nobody could live with that kind of performance, amazing stuff to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Unreal stuff from Dreamboy.

Final is going to be amazing.

Lewis vs Anderson is my ultimate game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Best two players in the tournament. The right final without doubt.

It's a good job they weren't in the same half of the draw so as to deprive us of seeing the first final between two world champions from the PDC when one of them is not Phil Taylor (I think!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Best two players in the tournament. The right final without doubt.

Unless its a self-proving thing (i.e., that by definition it must be the two best players who've got to the final) then I think its fair to argue that Lewis performed below MVG in the top half of the draw. That no-one particularly performed against him and he himself hasn't put up a really top-notch performance yet.
    Maybe saving it for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Michael duignan looking good for the W

Michael duignan looking good for the W

If you say so.... :confused:

Unless its a self-proving thing (i.e., that by definition it must be the two best players who've got to the final) then I think its fair to argue that Lewis performed below MVG in the top half of the draw. That no-one particularly performed against him and he himself hasn't put up a really top-notch performance yet.

While maybe not top notch as in god mode good he has been very consistent and clinical in the important legs. Says a lot he's put in the numbers he has and we still know he has another gear.

It could be argued MVG got pulled into a battle in the first round vs a guy averaging 90 if you wanted to put it that way.

That is close to as good as it gets bar Ando who has been in actual god mode the last two matches.

Roll on tomorrow, my two fav players so may the best man win.

You could certainly argue it if you want to look at averages alone but when you look at the level of control Lewis had during his matches vs what MVG did, he was streaks ahead.

MVG lost 6 sets prior to his departure in the third round while Lewis lost only 5 in reaching the final and 3 of them were tonight.

Eidams almost knocked MVG out in the first round too. When has Lewis ever really looked in trouble?

Having said that, he will have to raise his game to beat Anderson, he's just on a whole other level to everyone else these past couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Coverage seems to be starting at bit earlier than q or semi finals at 630pm. Guessing at least 45 to 60 mins of buildup so match starting 730ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How come women don't play against the men.
    No advantage?
    I'm watching darts on BBC 2
    That blonde girl is good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

bazermc wrote: »
    Coverage seems to be starting at bit earlier than q or semi finals at 630pm. Guessing at least 45 to 60 mins of buildup so match starting 730ish.

Skybet have it starting at 7:15

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That was weird
    That blonde girl Sherrock was throwing in 180's all over the place
    Then loses to a outsider
    First to 2 not enough for the class to show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That was weird
    Then loses to a outsider

This might be the thread you're looking for:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057543453

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

That was weird
    Then loses to a outsider

I'll be happy as long as Gulliver loses

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

By my reckoning, darts will start at 7.15 approx. The times on Flashscores says 7pm so it is usually 15 minutes after that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Why does dave Clark especially and also mardle and Harrington constantly talk about history being made and every match being the greatest ever? Also any sort of win from behind is described as the best comeback ever,gets annoying when you hear at every tournament on TV. There at it already tonight "could be the greatest final/match of all time"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Why does dave Clark especially and also mardle and Harrington constantly talk about history being made and every match being the greatest ever? Also any sort of win from behind is described as the best comeback ever,gets annoying when you hear at every tournament on TV. There at it already tonight "could be the greatest final/match of all time"

Well the way both players have got to the final and the stats might suggest that Mardle and CO are right hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sky hype innit

It's called promoting and hyping your product in order to attract sponsors and create revenue.

This time they are telling the truth though.

Tonight is going to be epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Expecting an absolute cracker here. Going to go with Anderson 7-5

Advertisement