Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where would you go next...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2335590&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D10%26o%5B%5D%3D2375%26nn%3D22%26yn%3D2017%26yx%3D2019%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

This was a BMW First fleet car last year, then went up for sale @ around 55k and was still at that price recently, now down to 47k. I know the F36 is dated these days but that wouldn't bother me too much. It's still a good looking car especially in that colour and that B58 engine is a real goer. It would be on my list if it were 10k cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭Casati

bazz26 wrote: »
    https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2335590&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D10%26o%5B%5D%3D2375%26nn%3D22%26yn%3D2017%26yx%3D2019%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

This was a BMW First fleet car last year, then went up for sale @ around 55k and was still at that price recently, now down to 47k. I know the F36 is dated these days but that wouldn't bother me too much. It's still a good looking car especially in that colour and that B58 engine is a real goer. It would be on my list if it were 10k cheaper.

Fairly eye watering depreciation there- 35k in a year and a half and it’s probably still over priced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭digiman

I think it’s a pretty good price at that, it’s almost a brand new car and every time these cars come back in they are cleanled spotlessly. The alloys should also be mint as the time I took out the x3 m40i they had alloy protectors on all the wheels.

It’s also got the adaptive lights which look great and merino leather on it. I’d imagine it won’t be up to much longer and could be picked up for €45k now. I doubt they will have made anything on that car as it’s there for 6 months plus I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭carsfan2

It must be close to a year up for sale definitely nine months plus. Basically a new car and it has a very nice spec. There’s probably wriggle room just for them to get shut of it now.
    It’s funny how in Ireland still that car can’t sell yet if it was a 430d it probably would be long gone.
    That said it you bought it and came back to trade it next year they would probably hide in their offices at the dealer.

Yeah, I rang BMW First last May to take that 440i for a weekend but they had stopped the promotion and were just finishing out bookings already made. The M2 Competition was already gone back to BMW Ireland at that stage. The guy on the phone said there just wasn't enough interest in it to justify to keep it going given that they would have to change the cars every 3 months to keep the mileage and usage low so they could sell them on through the dealer network.

Regarding a 440i against a 430d, well your never going to get 430d mpg from a 440i so that will always, though the reviews of the B58 engine are claiming mpg is pretty good on them. But lets face it, your not buying a 440i to try and squeeze 40mpg out of it. I think it's a very nice car and would be as close to M4 ownership as I'd ever get but it's still at least 10k too expensive for where I'd like it to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Wailin

Any idea how much that would have went for brand new? It is a nice spec and a 6 cylinder petrol engine would be nice for a change.

The advert claims it cost 83k new.

In fairness the price it is now is no more than a Golf GTI and it would be a much superior experience in my view.
    The colour is nice but it needs a black grille. The upgrade merino leather would be lovely and the digital instruments would make the interior more modern. The interior is the only weak point really at this stage.
    The pcp figures if they offer it on used, (do BMW do used pcp?)would be interesting. At a low interest rate, if you knew that you could hand it back after fixed costs for three years then could be a good option.

This 530d x drive seems very well priced, with only 18000km , m sport plus and "adoptive" head lights. I like the colour combo too.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-5-series-2017-xdrive/24340919

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Wailin wrote: »
    This 530d x drive seems very well priced, with only 18000km , m sport plus and "adoptive" head lights. I like the colour combo too.

Yeah beautiful colour combo, nice car.

• Advertisement

Very nice car.
    Suspiciously cheap? Or am I too used to overpriced main dealer prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The interior would make me sick everytime I sat in.
    I realise a lot of people love it.
    Very good price but too good I'd say.
    There would want to be a damn good reason to only have 18k on a 17 diesel.

See GT motors on donedeal seem to have a string of very high spec 5 series. Don't k ow what kind of company they are.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Very nice car.
    Suspiciously cheap?

I think so! Had a look at other stock from that place and it includes construction vehicles for hire. He has two other G30's for sale at low prices too.

They look good and clean it has to be said, but I'd be going in eyes wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭maddness

I know nothing about the dealer but that’s at least 5 grand below what you might expect. 6000 kms per year too?
    Perhaps it’s just a wonderful bargain...

I wonder if it’s a pre VRT price?
    It’s a uk import anyway so maybe also possibly bought as part of a job lot from a U.K. company winding up?

I remember seeing a 530d very similar to the G30 for sale on carsireland.ie from Evra motors in Dublin a few months ago. It was had the same colour combo and was also a 2017 Cork reg and had the black grill. I don't know if its the same car but there cannot be too many near identical 171 C 530d around with that specific combo. I don't remember the rest of the reg but I remember it had around 50k miles on the clock but what put me off was on closer inspection of the photos the car had some noticeable scuffs on the panels and wheels which suggested a hard life. They were asking for around 38k for it.

Again it could be a totally different car.

I remember seeing a 530d very similar to the G30 for sale on carsireland.ie from Evra motors in Dublin a few months ago. It was had the same colour combo and was also a 2017 Cork reg and had the black grill. I don't know if its the same car but there cannot be too many near identical 171 C 530d around with that specific combo. I don't remember the rest of the reg but I remember it had around 50k miles on the clock but what put me off was on closer inspection of the photos the car had some noticeable scuffs on the panels and wheels which suggested a hard life. They were asking for around 38k for it.

Again it could be a totally different car.

That was a different one, was navy with 70,000 kms on it.

Yeah, as I said I wasn't sure it was the same car.

Yeah, as I said I wasn't sure it was the same car.

Funny they were both C reg?

Yeah, same colour combo too and similar spec. Adaptive headlights on the G30 are still a rare option.

• Advertisement

Piano black trim too which is a few hundred extra. Apparently very hard to keep clean though.

My post about pre VRt is obviously wrong as it as Irish reg plate.
    maybe it is just a bargain?
    Piano black is about 800 euro and a rip off. I have it in my car. not too bad to keep but definitely not something I would pay for. I have the "adoptive" lights too and they are class. Reverse camera too, another extra not mentioned.
    that is a lovely car, would be interesting to hear what the story is behind it.

It's sold now, snapped up very quickly at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You would wonder though.

You cannot import a genuine one with that spec for that money.

Repaired write off? Hard to know really unless you've a good eye for panel work and respray.

I was going to check it out and sent a message to the seller last night about the history. Told me to call him today but it was gone.

Repaired write off? Hard to know really unless you've a good eye for panel work and respray.

I was going to check it out and sent a message to the seller last night about the history. Told me to call him today but it was gone.

I blame boards but I am on the hunt for a 5 series again, a 530e from the UK, a 2017 to 2018 one that someone has taken the shine off the price for me already.
    Will look for that colour interior from the 530d that just sold, contrasting with a blue/black exterior, looks very striking

One of the best colour combos I think. Looks better with dark blue rather than black, so carbon black or Mediterranean blue really go well with it.

White with mocha interior is also very classy and pretty unique.

Boards has a lot to answer for alright :D

I blame boards but I am on the hunt for a 5 series again, a 530e from the UK, a 2017 to 2018 one that someone has taken the shine off the price for me already.
    Will look for that colour interior from the 530d that just sold, contrasting with a blue/black exterior, looks very striking

The 530e are very cheap to import if you can. The vrt is tiny due to the low Co2 and you could land a 2017 for less than €30,000. Lots a car for the money.
    I agree with you and the Cognac colour leather with the Mediterranean Blue, it’s a lovely colour combination.

maddness wrote: »
    The 530e are very cheap to import if you can. The vrt is tiny due to the low Co2 and you could land a 2017 for less than €30,000. Lots a car for the money.
    I agree with you and the Cognac colour leather with the Mediterranean Blue, it’s a lovely colour combination.

Yes about the 30k mark would be where I'm looking. M sport model of course.

• Advertisement

Its hard enough to find a 530e in the UK with anything more than the basic spec and flat colour with dark interior, unless it was privately owned. They are very popular as rep cars and sort of took over that mantel from the 520d in the G30 when the BIK on the 530e in the UK make them attractive fleet cars. Beshoffs had a nice high spec Alpine white 530e with oyster interior and similar spec to that 530d recently, it wasn't cheap but still sold a week later.

Advertisement