Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where would you go next...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

https://www.xdelete.app/

I'd never use it but you can set seemingly most xdrive to be fully rwd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Yeah wouldn't touch that app. I read about it when I had the 3 series.

Xdrive is very well suited to Ireland I think. Ok it's a bit heavier, and less "ultimate driving machine" but the idea of putting your foot down and just going with zero dramas is very useful in a daily car when it's so often wet and greasy, never mind the colder months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Yeah wouldn't touch that app. I read about it when I had the 3 series.

Xdrive is very well suited to Ireland I think. Ok it's a bit heavier, and less "ultimate driving machine" but the idea of putting your foot down and just going with zero dramas is very useful in a daily car when it's so often wet and greasy, never mind the colder months.

The 4 series X drive I owned had incredible grip in the snow on summer tyres. The X drive was very impressive but added a lot of weight.

They even have Barney's car for sale...

OWI2M2IwYWZmNzUwNDM3NzY4YmI4NjZlMjQxMmY5ZDiMZ8Ibs3TERZSu6kJ8Yv3iaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzMxNTMyODF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

And here's Kermit's version which I was behind earlier...

556917.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Nice M4. I'd prefer that colour to the 530e.

Oops, M3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Wailin wrote: »
    Nice M4. I'd prefer that colour to the 530e.

Oops, M3.

Nice e46 convertible on roundabout too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

That green might be a wrap as car is down as white on motorcheck.
    Colour doesn’t do anything for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

carsfan2 wrote: »
    did you get your 530e Digiman?
    if so how are you finding it?

Very happy so far, as I had a G31 520d before I suppose it’s all fairly similar on the inside in regards the tech. Albeit this one is very highly specced, has nappa leather with massage seats which are really really good. The leather dash brings a bit more class to the cabin along with the piano black. I do miss having a sunroof for the extra bit of light. It also has the Bowers and Wilkins but can’t say I’ve found it amazing or anything. Part of problem is it’s hard to know if the input source which is Apple Music lossless is actually making it to the system as lossless or not over CarPlay. I like the 360 cameras, great for parking. Must look at getting a dashcam for it.

Car is really nice to drive, has enough power for day to day driving and gets about 30-35km easily enough on the battery. Very quiet in the cabin and at low speeds you wouldn’t really know if on petrol or electric. Have black kidney grills ordered for it, which should lift the appearance of it at the front.

Sounds like it has a mega spec.
    What colour combo is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

digiman wrote: »
    Very happy so far, as I had a G31 520d before I suppose it’s all fairly similar on the inside in regards the tech. Albeit this one is very highly specced, has nappa leather with massage seats which are really really good. The leather dash brings a bit more class to the cabin along with the piano black. I do miss having a sunroof for the extra bit of light. It also has the Bowers and Wilkins but can’t say I’ve found it amazing or anything. Part of problem is it’s hard to know if the input source which is Apple Music lossless is actually making it to the system as lossless or not over CarPlay. I like the 360 cameras, great for parking. Must look at getting a dashcam for it.

Car is really nice to drive, has enough power for day to day driving and gets about 30-35km easily enough on the battery. Very quiet in the cabin and at low speeds you wouldn’t really know if on petrol or electric. Have black kidney grills ordered for it, which should lift the appearance of it at the front.

I heard the B&W set up is fantastic.
    I upgraded my H&K with Elton speakers and it’s made a huge difference.
    I find that the radio sound quality is average enough but Apple Music is better but music on a usb is the best sound quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Sounds like it has a mega spec.
    What colour combo is it?

It’s bluestone metallic and white nappa with piano black. Really like the colour combo. Will upload a pic when I get the black grill done.

I need to read up more on the B&W, as most people online says it’s really good. I just don’t think I’ve it setup optimally. The sound quality is very good, I think I was just expecting for it to be a bit more immersive. I don’t really notice the sound from all the speakers other than the main one in the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

That green might be a wrap as car is down as white on motorcheck.
    Colour doesn’t do anything for me.

Yeah it's a wrap alright. Owner is the MD of Mack Engineering in Nenagh.

Bowers and Wilkins is like a 3/4 k up upgrade no?
    Would want to sound good at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,142 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bowers and Wilkins is like a 3/4 k up upgrade no?
    Would want to sound good at that!

More like just over 6k on the 5 Series according to the BMW configurator.

bazz26 wrote: »
    More like just over 6k on the 5 Series according to the BMW configurator.

Wow. I knew it was a lot but that's outrageous.
    What is the history of the car? Who puts all that kit on? Ex BMW?

Could have been a BMW UK promotional car.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

I've often wondered with expensive stereo upgrades - would people get a chance to compare a standard BMW stereo to a Bowers and Wilkins pre-purchase or just tick a box at the dealership and assume it's worth an extra 6k?

At 6k I'd say it would be very challenging to find a car sitting in a dealership with it for comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Overpriced or fair ?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/28280088

330d's seem far and few between lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Very overpriced IMO but that’s the market we have today post Brexit. Friend of mine imported a 181 M-Sport (better spec than above) 2 years ago for just a few K more than that.

• Advertisement

Yeah I've noticed even the 2.0s have went up in price this year. In saying that a lot of them vary in price between 2014 and 2017.

I'd love a 330d next year but definitely wouldn't be paying high 20s for one.

Here's another one that's older and dearer.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/28523308 2016 BMW 330D M Sport Plus Touring F31

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Don't think that car has any options on it either and an aftermarket wheel retrim, which may be perfect or may be less than so depending who did it.

It's a fairly basic M Sport alright. Price reflects the crazy used car market now due to the perfect storm of Covid and Brexit.

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's a fairly basic M Sport alright. Price reflects the crazy used car market now due to the perfect storm of Covid and Brexit.

Anything I'd consider next would have to have xenon's/LEDs and electric seats (lumbar). Beyond that I wouldn't care what it doesn't have.

I would of loving to have bought MMs one last year.

These are another contender as well if a 330d becomes too out of my reach.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/28525217

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Overpriced or fair ?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/28280088

330d's seem far and few between lately.

Poverty spec, rubbish looking car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Poverty spec, rubbish looking car

Wheels look a bit small on it, too - 17s possibly? They normally come with 18s as standard in M Sport spec.

Wheels look a bit small on it, too - 17s possibly? They normally come with 18s as standard in M Sport spec.

A lot of M-Sports come with those alloys on the F30. Especially on the 330e.

These seem a bit more reasonable assuming there Euro 6 engines.

https://www.usedcarsni.com/283529354

https://www.usedcarsni.com/284328348

Could actually have the black one for under 24k assuming there's no 10% duty on it.

They’re the standard 18” alloys for the m sport 3 series.
    19” upgrade much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Anything I'd consider next would have to have xenon's/LEDs and electric seats (lumbar). Beyond that I wouldn't care what it doesn't have.

I would of loving to have bought MMs one last year.

Mine had manual seats as do 90% of F30s. The only electric part was the seat bolsters.

You'd be hard pushed to find an F30 330d with full electric seats let alone with lumbar also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I find electric lumbar support the most pointless thing ever. You buy the car, put the lumbar support to what you want on day 1 and never think about it again. At least actual electric seats make your life marginally easier if you borrow the Mrs car etc so you'd use it more often.

Advertisement