Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where would you go next...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Colm Quinn’s seem to have the biggest stock of high end BMW’s in the country.
    Was there much activity around there today?
    I hope they can weather the current circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Pictures don't do the M4 justice I think. It's only when you see one in the flesh that you realise the presence they have!

Have to agree, the F80 M3 is one of the nicest cars on the market now at any price imo. There is a CS for sale at automotive addiction in the UK and I nearly creamed my pants looking at it:D

https://www.automotive-addiction.co.uk/current-stock/bmwm3cs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lewis Motors have a lovely F80 M3 Competition for sale at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Wailin

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Was there much activity around there today?
    I hope they can weather the current circumstances.

It was very very quiet. One sales person from what I could see. They had a few cars in for service but the whole place was just dead. Met only 3 other customers in the 3 hrs I was there. The fact that I was able to get my car in monday after ringing last Thursday says it all. Normal waiting times to get the car in was usually 3 weeks from past experience.

I would have passed the time by taking a car or two out for test drive but I don't think it would have been responsible to expect someone to sit next to me just to kill time.

Doesn't look good for the business, customers are dwindling rapidly and no one is buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Did you get the oil sensor checked Wailin?

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Did you get the oil sensor checked Wailin?

I asked them to take a look at it and was told they'd have to run a diagnostics on it first at €100. It was already a hefty service as I got all filters (fuel, air, micro, oil) and oil service bringing it up to over €700 so I told them not to bother. With the bmw first it cost me €490 :(

I'll stick to the dipstick for now!

Wailin wrote: »
    I asked them to take a look at it and was told they'd have to run a diagnostics on it first at €100. It was already a hefty service as I got all filters (fuel, air, micro, oil) and oil service bringing it up to over €700 so I told them not to bother. With the bmw first it cost me €490 :(

I'll stick to the dipstick for now!

I hear ya.

It was very very quiet. One sales person from what I could see. They had a few cars in for service but the whole place was just dead. Met only 3 other customers in the 3 hrs I was there. The fact that I was able to get my car in monday after ringing last Thursday says it all. Normal waiting times to get the car in was usually 3 weeks from past experience.

I would have passed the time by taking a car or two out for test drive but I don't think it would have been responsible to expect someone to sit next to me just to kill time.

Doesn't look good for the business, customers are dwindling rapidly and no one is buying.

nobody loves car dealers but I do hope that this current situation does not sink too many.

bazz26 wrote: »

There must be a story to that car.
    Individual tanzanite blue and "M" badges put on by someone.
    expensive for non BMW franchise, but lovely car.

• Advertisement

It's the M sport plus edition that gives the option of individual colours and black wheels. Not sure it looks good with the black wheels and that blue. The davitt grey is nicer I think from some pics online.

49691690196_b00d1b6aaa_c.jpg

49691169598_7e5cf078aa_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Can't be doing with black wheels at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Technique

I think the problem with black wheels is that they make the tyres look grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

What's the story with the bonnet?

It looks to be wrapped, same as the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭maddness

It's the M sport plus edition that gives the option of individual colours and black wheels. Not sure it looks good with the black wheels and that blue. The davitt grey is nicer I think from some pics online.

49691690196_b00d1b6aaa_c.jpg

49691169598_7e5cf078aa_c.jpg

Tanzanite Blue is a stunning colour in the metal, that looks awful with the black wheels though.

That wrap on the bonnet and roof is terrible and I agree the black wheels are not good.
    Someone obviously specced the car though and did the mods and now it’s for sale pretty quickly.
    Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I've never had a white car but I'm sick of dark colours so it would make a nice change.

• Advertisement

nardo grey. I'm not sure about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Ae25W9Vj0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

That's a beauty of a 530e in beshoffs. Nice price now. The 2017s will be mid 20s very very soon if not already

That's a beauty of a 530e in beshoffs. Nice price now. The 2017s will be mid 20s very very soon if not already

I saw a 330e for mid 20s in Joe Duffy recently, I thought they'd be asking more for one off the forecourt tbh. A 3 year old 530e for €25k ish is a serious value buy IMO.
    My Dad paid iirc close to €20k for a 4 year old IS300h.

Augeo wrote: »
    I saw a 330e for mid 20s in Joe Duffy recently, I thought they'd be asking more for one off the forecourt tbh. A 3 year old 530e for €25k ish is a serious value buy IMO.
    My Dad paid iirc close to €20k for a 4 year old IS300h.

was the 330e a 2017? There have been loads and loads of mid 20s 2016s for a long time now from Irish dealers, perhaps not main dealers though

Anyway, much like everyone else, the car industry is in big trouble for a while

A new car is a confidence purchase for most, things are going well, I have worked hard I think I will get myself a nice car

Only problem though is if I was to change, for the first time ever I have a car worth trading in I used to drive older BMWs on old tax system which were going for peanuts so I suppose my own will be devaluing in line with anything I want to trade in against.

But dealers need cars to be moving off forecourts fairly sharpish now whereas I, and most others, dont need to change their car.

Saw that too. I think it looks stunning especially from the rear with the carbon spoiler. Nearly 5k upcharge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭maddness

I really think Nardo grey and all the other recent flat grey colours are just hideous and I reckon will age very badly. Each to their own I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

maddness wrote: »
    I really think Nardo grey and all the other recent flat grey colours are just hideous and I reckon will age very badly. Each to their own I suppose

Agreed. I find that M340i above in Nardo grey with black wheels awful-looking. I think those grey/black combinations look very drab, especially on dull wet days and when dirty - as cars in Ireland's climate frequently are - they're almost as dull-looking as military vehicles. But they're obviously popular with many at present.

440i in Waterford looks well. The blue looks better than it does in the photos. I think it needs to be seen in the flesh. Bit of a bargain considering it's condition, mileage and price when new.

• Advertisement

I wonder what they would let it go for in a couple of months time?
    40k straight sale?

Advertisement